Robbo is back

Guest petjud

Guest petjud

There is a report on Demonolgoy from training yesterday morning?, that Robbo trained 99% of the session and was even taking in match practice including leaping, I had a chat to him in Launcestion after the game and he said he was only 2 or 3 weeks away, I thought he was just being 'brave', but it looks like Rd 1 return may not be out of the question. I believe he has been doing heaps of other training whilst crocked and he looked really good close up in Launcestion.

Can anyone confirm the training track report?

lets cross our fingers, i did read that he was progessing better then expected but they did make a point of stating that it was a 9 mth min injury. Even if he is going well it still may mean he wont play for a couple of months. Last thing we want is to rush him back ala DS.

There is a report on Demonolgoy from training yesterday morning?, that Robbo trained 99% of the session and was even taking in match practice including leaping, I had a chat to him in Launcestion after the game and he said he was only 2 or 3 weeks away, I thought he was just being 'brave', but it looks like Rd 1 return may not be out of the question. I believe he has been doing heaps of other training whilst crocked and he looked really good close up in Launcestion.

Even if that is true. He is still not training 100% ATM and has missed a whole pre season. He has little or no chance of playing Rd 1. And will probably need a couple of weeks at the Scorpions before he is considered for MFC....thats if his achilles holds out. :rolleyes:

Even if that is true. He is still not training 100% ATM and has missed a whole pre season. He has little or no chance of playing Rd 1. And will probably need a couple of weeks at the Scorpions before he is considered for MFC....thats if his achilles holds out. :rolleyes:

Because of the lack of experienced talent in our forward line, I think he'll be back earlier than expected - fit or not.

I'd say Rnd 2 - 4, He's carrying more than his normal amount of puppy fat so I reckon his fitness is underdone.

Because of the lack of experienced talent in our forward line, I think he'll be back earlier than expected - fit or not.

Are you kidding me do you really think we'l play robo if his not fit.

id be happy if hes back by round 5

Rubbish.

You cant rush an achilles rehab especially after a bad tear.

I think the player will be cautious too. Robbo would realise that if he reinjures his achilles ...its the end for him.

Rubbish.

You cant rush an achilles rehab especially after a bad tear.

I think the player will be cautious too. Robbo would realise that if he reinjures his achilles ...its the end for him.

I would be quite surprised if Robbo was given an extension on his contract, the end is near!!

Still sounds wrong to me.

• 1 month later...

I know it's a cliche to say about a player that they 'bleed for the club', but having had a bit to do with Robbo over the years, he really really does bleed for this club. He has always been realistic about his abilities and downfalls, and it would be a great shame for him to finish his career when we're on the bottom.

Hopefully he can get through a couple more years, because he really is a great player who has always been a good contributer and given us many highlights over his career.

Good luck with the rest of the recovery and I really cannot wait to see him back out there!

Well I now know how Robbo feels. I on training tuesday night stuffed my achilles .. I have never experienced pain like it. Minimum 8 weeks out more tests tomorrow could be 8 months out and lots of rehab. Bugger.

I know it's a cliche to say about a player that they 'bleed for the club', but having had a bit to do with Robbo over the years, he really really does bleed for this club. He has always been realistic about his abilities and downfalls, and it would be a great shame for him to finish his career when we're on the bottom.

Hopefully he can get through a couple more years, because he really is a great player who has always been a good contributer and given us many highlights over his career.

Good luck with the rest of the recovery and I really cannot wait to see him back out there!

He has worked really hard on his game and trying to improve every season after his first two or three seasons. He realised he needed to add more strings to his bow and become a harder working forward rather than that bloke who just flys for everything. Credit to Danners on his development and continued role at the club and hopefully he can be around for a tilt at finals!

Well I now know how Robbo feels. I on training tuesday night stuffed my achilles .. I have never experienced pain like it. Minimum 8 weeks out more tests tomorrow could be 8 months out and lots of rehab. Bugger.

Ah disappointing Tingles, hopefully it is not too bad and you can get on the park sooner rather than later.