Demon_Tingles

FB: M.Warnock, S.Martin, C.Garland

HB: J.Frawley, J.Rivers, B. Green (vc)

C: A.Davey, S.Buckley, B.Moloney

HF: M.Bate, C.Sylvia, C Bruce (vc)

FF: M.Newton, B.Miller, A.Wonnaemirri,

FOLL: P.Johnson, B.McLean, N Jones

INT: S.Blease, J.Grimes, C.Morton, J.Watts, M. Jamar, J.McDonald © , M Whelan

Also in my opinion I think Melbourne made the wrong decision with JMac. Great player however I think it is once again a safe option from Melbourne as he will only be there for 2/3 years max. Vc would be better for him as he can still use his leadership qualities helping out on the field and with the young blokes around the club.

Also in my opinion I think Melbourne made the wrong decision with JMac. Great player however I think it is once again a safe option from Melbourne as he will only be there for 2/3 years max. Vc would be better for him as he can still use his leadership qualities helping out on the field and with the young blokes around the club.

I disagree. Junior has been a model of consistency both on and off the field. It's doubtful that there's a player that's more respected at the club by his own or by opposition players. I'd rather see just the three captains (captain, vice and deputy vice) and have the other players strive to work towards those positions through their actions on and off the field. Large leadership groups while acknowledging a wider base are probably guilty of diminishing the status of the roles. I have absolutely no doubt that Brock McLean will be captain of the club, but not this year and not until he's earnt it. That's the way it should be - it shouldn't be handed out as some sort of 'encouragement' award.

As for the team for the NAB cup, you've selected a very strong line up - Regardless of who I would personally chose I'd make a few points.

1. DB last year (and it seems to be a trend at most clubs) had a policy of rotating the best players through the NAB/Challege cup matches. I doubt we'll see a full onball contingent playing in the one match.

2. DB last year spoke clearly about the need to reward players who performed on the track with opportunities, that would obviously mean lesser lights rather than established players. It's too hard to tell from the training reports who would expect to be in the mix, but I imagine the club would be looking at the likes of Cheney, Spencer, McNamara and Meesen to play games to assess their potential and for the likes of Petterd, Grimes, Maric and Newton to be given specific responsibilities.

3. I doubt many of our first year rookies will be rushed. Bennell, Jetta and Bail will be in the frame because they're more advanced than the others. There'll be the inevitable supporter expectations to see Watts, Blease, Strauss and Jurrah play, but their bodies need development and at this early stage it's better to leave them on ice.

I agree with your point about the side however I think that we need a fairly strong team because whilst other teams are using rookies there is also prizemoney which is needed for the club and to use senior players to get some confidence going into round 1 is a must. We showed last year with some confidence we can be competitive as shown in our games against Hawthorn and Geelong last year.

FB: M.Warnock, S.Martin, C.Garland

HB: J.Frawley, J.Rivers, B. Green (vc)

C: A.Davey, S.Buckley, B.Moloney

HF: M.Bate, C.Sylvia, C Bruce (vc)

FF: M.Newton, B.Miller, A.Wonnaemirri,

FOLL: P.Johnson, B.McLean, N Jones

INT: S.Blease, J.Grimes, C.Morton, J.Watts, M. Jamar, J.McDonald © , M Whelan

Our game plan is supposedly based on running and quick movement of the ball. Your backline consists of 5 players who I'd regard as key position. Personally, I'd have Garland at FB, Rivers in the BP, and Martin at CHB. But I doubt that Rivers will play in the NAB cup.

As to the running aspect there is no reason why players cannot push back and run. In football you are named in a position but there is no reason to stand there like a robot which gets us into trouble. Players at the MFC need to develop two way running which will help us in future years.

I dont think it will matter in the nab cup with blease he has pace and lets be honest we played Weetra last year and he was a stick insect I think we need to see how he handles it. OH I didn't realise i left out Bell. oops

FBs: Warnock, Garland, Whelan

HBs: Petterd, Martin, Frawley

Ctr: Davey, McDonald, Grimes

Fol: Jamar, Jones, Morton

HFs: Green, Miller, Sylvia

FFs: Maric, Newton, Wonnaemirri

Int: Watts, Johnson/Spencer, Bell, Buckley, Dunn, Moloney, Cheney

Not starting/playing players who have/had niggles (Johnson)

Not playing players who are recovering (McLean, Robbo, Rivers)

Bruce, Wheatley, Bate and Bartram rested