additions to the side perhaps late 2009/ or 2010

jabberwocky

green warnock garland

rivers?? martin buckley

strauss moloney morton

davey johnson sylvia

maric miller watts

Rucks: Spencer/Jamar, Mclean, Jones (blease, strauss maybe as a run with player for his development)

IC from: junior, whelan, bate, bruce, blease, petterd, grimes, jamar, wheatley, wonneamirri, bennell, jetta, bail, robbo??

??? Dunn, Frawley, Bartram, Newton, Bell. They may well prove me wrong but not best 22 IMO.

In form, the forward line has spark, pace, strength, height and skill.

The midfield is crying out for the draftees and will probably remain a weakness in 2009. It has grunt but lacks pace, athleticism and kicking accuracy. we really need blease, strauss and maybe jetta and grimes to continue to develop. Mfc were right to recruit this style of player. Spencer?? can hopefully develop into a good tap ruckman. Sylvia to rotate thru the midfield giving strength around the footy and in the air. Some will disagree with Jones and Moloney but we need thier grunt. We have not drafted the strong bodied types. I hope Moloney gets thru the year and delivers. Jones needs to practice freeing his arms in a tackle and hitting targets with his hands. The inclusion of skilful midfielders will help his cause.

The backline looks to be a strength with the likes of petterd, whelan, and maybe grimes and strauss to rotate thru. Buckley to provide run and whelan and green to be the sweepers. garland and rivers give us some ability to mark and rebound. Martin could be anything IMO

I think that bail will get a run early as he is further along in his development that the other draftees to see what he has got. Reports are that Strauss is afl ready?? Blease and bennell will be eased in due to thier body size.

Fire at will.

It is a positive time of the year, but i don't expect much of our draftees next season.

Watts and Blease - our two top picks - are both completing year 12 next year.

Prendergast even commented that Bail, our last pick, will be the most likely to play. Strauss i also presume will have a good year.

I think next year will be an improvement on this year, but not by much, as we drafted for the long term (and drafted very well mind you).

I think we will win 4> games next year and get pick 1 and 2. It's sad to think that but i genuinely believe that will be our last year at the bottom.

If we manage to pick up the likes of Scully(elite mid) / Butcher(CHF/FF) next year, coupling with our already young list, the only word i can think of is.... wow.

If we manage to pick up the likes of Scully(elite mid) / Butcher(CHF/FF) next year, coupling with our already young list, the only word i can think of is.... wow.

My thoughts exactly M2W, another year from hell, but ultimately we would be better for it, with such recruits next year.

All we would need is a decent ruckman, and the brains trust at the MFC along with everyone hope that it's Spencer.

I can go another year of pain, if it means we are a better chance to win the premiership.

2012:

FB: Bennell Frawley Warnock

HB: Strauss Garland Rivers

W: Buckley McLean Blease

HF: Sylvia Miller Davey

FF: Jetta Watts Wonnaeamirri

R: Johnson Morton Grimes

I: Maric Bate Petterd Spencer

God its hard. We need another key forward clearly and ruck but farout that side looks pretty impressive. It just looks very well balanced.

Couldn't even fit in Molone, Jones and Bail

My thoughts exactly M2W, another year from hell, but ultimately we would be better for it, with such recruits next year.

All we would need is a decent ruckman, and the brains trust at the MFC along with everyone hope that it's Spencer.

I can go another year of pain, if it means we are a better chance to win the premiership.

As long as we play a couple of draftees every week rotating them every few weeks.

I'll be happy to see their progress, Grimes, Cheney, Morton, Watts, Blease, Straussey.

2012:

God its hard. We need another key forward clearly and ruck but farout that side looks pretty impressive. It just looks very well balanced.

And if we're as bad as everyone thinks we will be, we will have picks 1,2 and 18 next year.

We could be insanely good. Next year defines wether we will be premiership material or just make up the numbers again.

2012:

Win less than 5 games next year and add Butcher and Scully to that team and why hello!!!

HF Miller Butcher Davey

FF Maric Watts Jetta

R Spencer, Morton Scully

Win less than 5 games next year and add Butcher and Scully to that team and why hello!!!

HF Miller Butcher Davey

FF Maric Watts Jetta

R Spencer, Morton Scully

Premiship forward line.

Long-range forecasting is interesting (age in 2012 in brackets):

FB: Jetta (22) Warnock (27) Martin (25)

HB: Cheney (22) Garland (23) Blease (21)

C: Davey (28) Grimes (22) Morton (22)

HF: Bate (24) Watts (20) Sylvia (26)

FF: Maric (21) Butcher (19) Wonna (23)

R: Johnson (27) McLean (25) Strauss (21)

Int: Bennell (21) Dunn (24) Jones (24) Spencer?

Would be a fun team to watch, but perhaps not a real challenger. (oh, and I would have traded Green, Miller and Petterd to GC17)

HF Miller Butcher Davey

FF Maric Watts Jetta

R Spencer, Morton Scully

why hello!!!

BL Cheney Frawley McNamara

HB Grimes Warnock Buckley

CL Morton Jones Blease

HF Jetta Watts Bennell

FF Maric Butcher Sylvia

R Spencer McLean Scully