Chris Connolly: On a roll?

hoopla

I don't think I've copped more of a shelacking about the Dees than I've copped today. "Whats goin' on with that mob of yours?" " They're imploding" "Can't be Macca's fault" Hasn't the CFO gone too - who is running the show now? " "Who's going next?"

Chris Connolly loves the limelight and is not the sort of bloke to sit back behind the scenes without putting in his two bobs worth.Well the gossip over a few beers tonight went something like this....

Chris is great mates with Gary Lyon and Gary is Jimmy's AFL mentor.

Surely Chris was well and truly in the loop when Jimmy was putting his ticket together and planning his coup - and surely Chris would be happier reporting another mate like Cameron Schwab than he would be reporting to a charismatic boss like Paul McNamee. If Chris can quietly sneak Cameron in as CEO, then in the space of a couple of months , he will have gone from a lowly office three seats from the top to a barstool alongside the CEO, the Chair , and Chair's mentor. He's on a roll!!

Next thing you know , he'll be jumping from the interchange bench to the coaches box. If I was Dean Bailey, I'm not sure, I'd feel quite as comfortable in my job as I did a month or two ago.

Now I used to love Chris when he ran around in #22 - but the Connolly- Schwab legacy at Freo is looking pretty shaky - and I not sure its the combination Melbourne needs right now.

We need a business-orientated CEO who will get Chris to concentrate on managing football operations.

Jim must get the best man for the job -quickly and professionally.

We are but a few days away from 'Debt Demolition' month. Is there going to be anyone in the office to bank the cheques?

I don't think I've copped more of a shelacking about the Dees than I've copped today. "Whats goin' on with that mob of yours?" " They're imploding" "Can't be Macca's fault" Hasn't the CFO gone too - who is running the show now? " "Who's going next?"

What did they say when you asked them what they thought about a CFO that presided over debts to the tune of 5,000,000?

How about their opinion on the Board that selected 'Macca' as CEO?

Chris Connolly loves the limelight and is not the sort of bloke to sit back behind the scenes without putting in his two bobs worth.Well the gossip over a few beers tonight went something like this....

Chris is great mates with Gary Lyon and Gary is Jimmy's AFL mentor.

Surely Chris was well and truly in the loop when Jimmy was putting his ticket together and planning his coup - and surely Chris would be happier reporting another mate like Cameron Schwab than he would be reporting to a charismatic boss like Paul McNamee. If Chris can quietly sneak Cameron in as CEO, then in the space of a couple of months , he will have gone from a lowly office three seats from the top to a barstool alongside the CEO, the Chair , and Chair's mentor. He's on a roll!!

Next thing you know , he'll be jumping from the interchange bench to the coaches box. If I was Dean Bailey, I'm not sure, I'd feel quite as comfortable in my job as I did a month or two ago.

Now I used to love Chris when he ran around in #22 - but the Connolly- Schwab legacy at Freo is looking pretty shaky - and I not sure its the combination Melbourne needs right now.

We need a business-orientated CEO who will get Chris to concentrate on managing football operations.

Jim must get the best man for the job -quickly and professionally.

We are but a few days away from 'Debt Demolition' month. Is there going to be anyone in the office to bank the cheques?

I certainly hope not, he was not a very good coach to say the least, well at the minute he is better than Mark Harvey...

I've mentioned it a few times on here. Connolls has quite a big match day role. He sits on the bench yelling instructions and directions out to players, he is the first bloke out to the group after wins talking to the team, before the coaches. I think Bails has faith in himself and Connolls to be professional and stick to each others roles.

I couldn't think of anything more ridiculous to the future of our club and our stability than this happening. If it did happen that would be about enough for me i'd think

If our new board sacks Bailey and puts Connolly in his place they might as well bring back Lyon to FF and Ingo to FB, because that's how ridiculous and damaging that decision will be.

As unhappy as I am about the innuendos of the formation of a mates club at board level, I don't think that Stynes or Connolly love their mates more than they love the club. At the end of the day egos have to be put aside to ensure that the best interests of the club are served, otherwise the whole exercise in gaining control of the club will be futile.

I feel really sorry for NcNamee, regardless of whether we are moving forward (changing of CEO's means nothing right now) but this guy hasnt been in the job long enough to prove himself, thats obvious. Making bold moves is NOT a sign that things are changing for the better (see St Kilda) and Stynes and Co better make sure the next appointment is a good'un.

Why on God's on earth are we chasing Schwab though, this is a club that's recruitment departmnet/administration is mercifully taking the limelight off us the competition for the laughing stock of the AFL. This is the guy that helped kick Connolly out of his job and replaced with...Harvey???!!! Recruited Tarrant, Soloman, M.Johnson, Bradley :lol: Jesus. I cant believe Connolly and Schwab are even that close after all that

I feel really sorry for NcNamee, regardless of whether we are moving forward (changing of CEO's means nothing right now) but this guy hasnt been in the job long enough to prove himself, thats obvious. Making bold moves is NOT a sign that things are changing for the better (see St Kilda) and Stynes and Co better make sure the next appointment is a good'un.

Why on God's on earth are we chasing Schwab though, this is a club that's recruitment departmnet/administration is mercifully taking the limelight off us the competition for the laughing stock of the AFL. This is the guy that helped kick Connolly out of his job and replaced with...Harvey???!!! Recruited Tarrant, Soloman, M.Johnson, Bradley :lol: Jesus. I cant believe Connolly and Schwab are even that close after all that

"you feel sorry for McNamee"... apart from his tennis background , I know little about him. I don't recall hearing him have much imput in the future of our mighty club, except to bring back the TOFFINESS !!!!!

Go Jim Go Dees !!!!! :wub:

Chris Connolly will never coach the MFC. That's about the one thing we can be sure about. If the new board had any misgivings about Bailey he'd already be gone. (He would never hang around if he didn't have the boards full support, he's a much better man than that) The man can coach and Stynes and Connolly Know that.