• PODCAST LIVE @ 8:30pm      

Call: 03 9016 3666 or Skype: Demonland31
    Click Here for LIVE Chat
    If you still want to browse Demonland
    while listening to the Podcast
    choose pop up player below

TuneIn    Opens in New Tab
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Daniher didnt give us a spine in 10 years. Bailey will do it in 1.

Yze_Magic

Rhino, if you did an analysis of the Western Bulldogs spine, it wouldn't be too different to ours, and they're sitting on top of the ladder.

Here is the Western Bulldogs side from last week:

B: Dale Morris, Brian Lake, Dylan Addison

HB: Ryan Hargrave, Andrejs Everitt, Lindsay Gilbee

C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Nathan Eagleton

HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Robert Murphy

F: Scott Welsh, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis

Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney

If you cant pick the differences between MFC team and WB team then you are missing alot. If you did wish to make the erroneous contention that the spines are similar then you might want wonder why the WB are top of the ladder and MFC are not. Chalk and cheese.

Now what was your game plan that suits an underskilled, slow side?

I too want to stick up for The Rev - 7 finals appearances in 10 years (meaning few top 10 draft picks) - the public face of the club - home games in Brisbane derailing every season - people on this site have very short memories.

It's pleasing that Garland & Warnock are coming of age but it hardly signals some stroke of genious on Bailey's part - we've pinched 2 games by less than a goal and there are no expectations on the coach this year..at all ! The jury is well and truly out from my perspective - time will tell :angry:

We were also lost draft picks due to salary cap abuse. Can anyone recall what no. draft pick was given to the Dockers as compensation for picking up Jeff White in dubious circumstances? (I'm not talking about the actual trade.)

Here is the Western Bulldogs side from last week:

B: Dale Morris, Brian Lake, Dylan Addison

HB: Ryan Hargrave, Andrejs Everitt, Lindsay Gilbee

C: Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd, Nathan Eagleton

HF: Brad Johnson, Mitch Hahn, Robert Murphy

F: Scott Welsh, Will Minson, Jason Akermanis

Foll: Ben Hudson, Ryan Griffen, Adam Cooney

If you cant pick the differences between MFC team and WB team then you are missing alot. If you did wish to make the erroneous contention that the spines are similar then you might want wonder why the WB are top of the ladder and MFC are not. Chalk and cheese.

Now what was your game plan that suits an underskilled, slow side?

So you think that a spine of Lake, Everitt, Boyd, Hahn, and Minson is far superior than Carroll, Rivers, McLean, Miller and Neitz, which would have been our spine when I claimed that we were capable of making the finals?

BTW, I rated the Bulldogs at the start of the year, and in fact they were the only team that I backed to make the eight. My rating of them had nothing to do with their spine.

So you think that a spine of Lake, Everitt, Boyd, Hahn, and Minson is far superior than Carroll, Rivers, McLean, Miller and Neitz, which would have been our spine when I claimed that we were capable of making the finals?

Let me see Carroll has been poor and dropped. Rivers has hardly played this year after six games last year. McLean has just started to come good after a questionable start. Miller you have correctly assessed as contributed little. Neitz coming a bad 2007 and poor pre season.

Its not a stellar spine at WB but it has ours covered hands down. We have the highest points against and get towelled by good key forwards. Our midfield is inconsistent, slow, lacking skills and average at best. Our Fwd line is a hole.

BTW, I rated the Bulldogs at the start of the year, and in fact they were the only team that I backed to make the eight. My rating of them had nothing to do with their spine.

Well done. If you rated the Bulldogs as the only team to make the eight and not on the strength of the spine then you must have rated them highly above all other clubs elsewhere. And if you put those WB strengths against what MFC had to offer in that same area it should glaring where MFC was at.

Possibly the round 2 result might have run some alarm bells. Apparently not.

Interesting.

You are wrong.

They were drafred by Craig Cameron.

So why is this thread titled Daniher didn't give us a spine?? I love DB, but I respect and understand that Daniher did many very good things in his ten years at the helm.

Let me see Carroll has been poor and dropped. Rivers has hardly played this year after six games last year. McLean has just started to come good after a questionable start. Miller you have correctly assessed as contributed little. Neitz coming a bad 2007 and poor pre season.

Its not a stellar spine at WB but it has ours covered hands down. We have the highest points against and get towelled by good key forwards. Our midfield is inconsistent, slow, lacking skills and average at best. Our Fwd line is a hole.

Well done. If you rated the Bulldogs as the only team to make the eight and not on the strength of the spine then you must have rated them highly above all other clubs elsewhere. And if you put those WB strengths against what MFC had to offer in that same area it should glaring where MFC was at.

Possibly the round 2 result might have run some alarm bells. Apparently not.

Interesting.

Why do you bring up irrelevant points about our midfield when we're talking about our spine?

And I'd like your individual ratings of the current Bulldogs spine at the start of the season.

And you have no idea about betting. I backed the Bulldogs to make the eight because I saw them as good value, not because I rated them as the best team in the comp. I don't make long term bets on odds on or even money shots.

Why do you bring up irrelevant points about our midfield when we're talking about our spine?

In Rhino's defence, I think you'll find that the centre constitutes part of the spine.

It's all about your midfield, as long as you have players in your forward line that can take a mark and kick goals and the midfield supply is there you can win games. When you don't get space through the midfield and expose your forwards and defenders to contested marking this is where KPP are important.

West Coast is the only team to win a flag recently with out a good key forward and a good strong spine. The bulldogs might re define what is a strong spine but only time will tell if they can win a flag.

So he rates McLean as inconsistent, slow, lacking skills and average at best.

Our midfield is inconsistent, slow, lacking skills and average at best. Our Fwd line is a hole.

Another example of your silly misrepresentation of other people's point of view. BTW, McLean has improved over the course of the year but he was ordinary in the first couple of rounds and he does lack pace. But he is our prime midfielder and better than the overall standard of the MFC midfield. But he is no star...yet.

Because the spine includes the player/ players that plasy through the centre. Havent you noticed the interchange circus going on? To limit the spine to one player in the centre only is naive.

And I'd like your individual ratings of the current Bulldogs spine at the start of the season.

I did not do them because I dont believe it is critical to make a specific measure of the spine to judge where a team will be going forward. As a team I expected WB to do far better than MFC.

And you have no idea about betting. I backed the Bulldogs to make the eight because I saw them as good value, not because I rated them as the best team in the comp. I don't make long term bets on odds on or even money shots.

Where did I question your betting or did I say you rated them as the best team in the comp?

I did not. Another case of misrepresenting my point of view. I took your statement that you rated them and not for their spine.

I quote you

BTW, I rated the Bulldogs at the start of the year,............ My rating of them had nothing to do with their spine.

On the back of that statement, then you must have rated the Bulldogs highly enough in other areas to justify your certainty to outlay money on them making the eight. And if you compared the WB to MFC especially given our atrocious pre season form running into the season then it should have given you fair and reasonable warning of where MFC was at?

Another example of your silly misrepresentation of other people's point of view. BTW, McLean has improved over the course of the year but he was ordinary in the first couple of rounds and he does lack pace. But he is our prime midfielder and better than the overall standard of the MFC midfield. But he is no star...yet.

Because the spine includes the player/ players that plasy through the centre. Havent you noticed the interchange circus going on? To limit the spine to one player in the centre only is naive.

I did not do them because I dont believe it is critical to make a specific measure of the spine to judge where a team will be going forward. As a team I expected WB to do far better than MFC.

Where did I question your betting or did I say you rated them as the best team in the comp?

I did not. Another case of misrepresenting my point of view. I took your statement that you rated them and not for their spine.

I quote you

On the back of that statement, then you must have rated the Bulldogs highly enough in other areas to justify your certainty to outlay money on them making the eight. And if you compared the WB to MFC especially given our atrocious pre season form running into the season then it should have given you fair and reasonable warning of where MFC was at?

The discussion point of this thread related to our spine (KPP's).

In your words, "I dont believe it is critical to make a specific measure of the spine to judge where a team will be going forward". If that's the case, don't waste our time by contributing to the discussion.

The discussion point of this thread related to our spine (KPP's).

In your words, "I dont believe it is critical to make a specific measure of the spine to judge where a team will be going forward". If that's the case, don't waste our time by contributing to the discussion.

Thanks for taking my statement of context as it is was statement in reference to why I did not do an individual assessment of WB's spine at the start of the year

So why dont you answer questions that are related to spine champ?

Although it's a 50/50 chance, I find it strange that people would think the Dees were going to make top eight this year.

If you took into account a most uninspiring pre season with a number of players in rehab and would have started the season underdone of the back of a poor 2007 then it is indeed very strange.