Melbourne vs Brisbane

Robbo_24

I doubt ill be the only one but im guttered about todays win. Call me a bad supporter but there is little need of winning. We need more kids as this team will take 5+ years to be good grand final contenders. With the GC and Sydney teams coming in were screwed if we finish second last. Im really really guttered

Go barrack for someone else then you [censored].

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither do I.. ...that really..is the whole point. Very few of us who barrack for Melbourne and indeed might be on this list know what its like to win a Premiership. Its almost emabarassing that we get all caught up in the moment of seldom seen win.

Thats all it is .. just a home and away win, nothing more nothing less.

There is really only ONE game to really get excited over winning and that invariably occurs at the end of September !! .......

That's where we are different Bub. For me, it wasn't just a home and away win. It was a game that brought me enormous excitement because of the personnel we had on the ground. The win came out of left field. The emotions after the siren went weren't those of just another home and away win.

I understand your point that it's probably a reflection of the club, but hey, I live for today, not for something that may never occur in the near future.

Des Headland won a flag, so did Drew Banfield. That's two.

Crap. Both these players played in premiership teams, that's all.

Headland has shown his worth (sic) since going to Freo (he was the 4th midfielder, and a receiver, in the great BL unit); Banfield played as part of a great mid-field at WC.

Actually I didn't know Headland was a no. 1 pick. Just shows up the bolony of tanking for a single pick. Imagine losing all year just to get a loser like Headland! :lol:

Normally I don't post - but this guy just pi$$ed me off enough to get me on here.

Question for Occo -how many of the recent premiership teams had a number 1 draft pick in the 3 or 4 years preceding their premiership?

Geelong - 0

West Coast 0

Sydney - 0

Port - 0

Brisbane - Had one at end of '98 - Des Headland

Essendon - 0

North - 0

Adelaide - 0

Getting the pattern here, genius? Number 1 pick does not mean jack

So how about you support the club and stop being a puss, ok?

I can't believe that you waste your money buying an Adult membership. B)

And to the likes of Hannabal and Rhino Richards who profess that winning a premiership is all that matters, you can get stuffed.

Of course it's all that matters you pickle. And of course one enjoys the journey and days like today. But if it's not the club's sole aim you end up with a club like Freo and not a proud club that's won 12 flags.

If you were at the 150 dinner you'd understand the notion of being proud about the Club's history. Success breeds success, and today was a small, but important part of the journey.

I doubt ill be the only one but im guttered about todays win. Call me a bad supporter but there is little need of winning. We need more kids as this team will take 5+ years to be good grand final contenders. With the GC and Sydney teams coming in were screwed if we finish second last. Im really really guttered

So tell me were you being calculating and actually cheering for Brisbane at the end there?

I understand what you are saying and where your coming from Occo because we all fear for the long term survival of our club, and for its future success, but pick one verses pick two this year isn't the whole battle. So seriously that is one of the most inane comments I have read in here and I have been around a while.

Success breeds success, and today was a small, but important part of the journey.

Amen Hannabel, well said......

What we saw today was a look at our future, and after a win like that with guts and determination well and truly on display it starts to look that little bit brighter.

today was a small, but important part of the journey.

It's amazing how 2 wins (Freo + Bris) can represent so much, compared to a year like, say, 2005 where we just scraped in.... Perhaps it's just the lack of enjoyment that makes us savour it more. I like to think it's the fact we saw some of the future having a dip.

But if it's not the club's sole aim you end up with a club like Freo and not a proud club that's won 12 flags.

If you were at the 150 dinner you'd understand the notion of being proud about the Club's history. Success breeds success, and today was a small, but important part of the journey.

No doubt Hannibal.

This Club has spent 44 years disenfranchising its supporters and potential supporters. Its only through the establishment of enduring success on and off the ground that is going to save this Club and give it a chance to survive and compete.