Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Warner Freaks me out....he cannot play slow, there is still 90 minutes left in the day!!!

He's a beauty . I want this bloke to succeed like no other . He's a crowd pleaser and a crowd puller . Gilly had the same qualities but we had to wait for him to come into bat . With Warner opening up people can go to a day expecting to see him .

He's a beauty . I want this bloke to succeed like no other . He's a crowd pleaser and a crowd puller . Gilly had the same qualities but we had to wait for him to come into bat . With Warner opening up people can go to a day expecting to see him .

Yes But he Reminds me off a ridiculous Drag Racer....either full on or Dead..But you are right, if he succeeds he will win tests off his own bat....Allen Jakovich reincarnated.

A ton to Warner ! How good was that ! And brings it up in true style with a six ! Wow !

Double hundred coming up .

I prefer the term "dry humour" over sarcasm (or killjoy)!

It was an absolute ripper.

Ha ha ha ! Ya had me there Nasher .

He's just a brutal batsman isn't he ? Substance over style will do me with this fellow .

He could post a big number tomorrow . Fingers crossed .

Edited by Macca

I managed to miss the entire third session yesterday, such is my luck. It really amazes me to see us bowl a side out in a day for 161 and then make 0/149 in a session. It feel so eerily similar to how England were rolling over us last year.

However, it give India another excuse for poor performance. I have never seen a team that has more excuses for failure than India. They are more interested in saving face than they are in fixing their mess. Interesting the difference between Australia and India after poor performance. After the Ashes we said "We are crap, so how do we fix it?", while India has offered endless excuses why they aren't as crap as they really are. It's an interesting cultural difference.

Agreed. Nothing is ever their fault. Look at Kohli's comments from the press conference yesterday. He essentially said that India was unlucky and that things just weren't working out for them. Just glossing over the real problems underpinning Indian cricket (e.g. an ageing batting line up and no real promising young batsmen coming through, a lack of technique to deal with pitches outside the subcontinent, overall crap pace bowling, and no spine to fight back when the chips are down).

Still haven't managed to fix our problematic batting collapses. 10/155 today, 7/67 after Warner went out. It's not all there just yet. Marsh is horrendously out of form. When he went out I didn't think he'd get another chance to prove himself before Adelaide but now there's a pretty strong chance we'll bat again so maybe he can make some runs and hold his spot. He's in prime position to make way for Watson when Watson comes back though. Haddin also is struggling with the bat. When your openers make 214 it never looks like a problem of course but he can't keep making low scores at 7.

India's last chance to stand up and be counted with the bat. Those cracks on the pitch are tough, though, and our bowlers do seem to be diligent and hard-working, if anything, so we should be able to exploit those cracks. I'm wary of Sehwag though, I feel he's due for a decent innings.

Great Catch Hussey....pay that one..9 to go

And then there were 8 . Sehwag gone !

Dearie me, for a little part there a 2-day test was in the offing. Luckily sanity returned and Kohli and Dravid batted rather well. India should be commended for not swapping Kohli for Sharma. That would achieve little. They should drop Laxman for Sharma for Adelaide, however. They need to get their youth in their side and just stick with them.

All four pacemen have bowled well in parts of this Test. Starc's been impressive, which just adds to the bottleneck of fast bowlers and spots in the side. Siddle's been the pick of the bunch for mine, again, even if his wickets column is a bit less than Hilfenhaus.

Still haven't managed to fix our problematic batting collapses. 10/155 today, 7/67 after Warner went out. It's not all there just yet. Marsh is horrendously out of form. When he went out I didn't think he'd get another chance to prove himself before Adelaide but now there's a pretty strong chance we'll bat again so maybe he can make some runs and hold his spot. He's in prime position to make way for Watson when Watson comes back though. Haddin also is struggling with the bat. When your openers make 214 it never looks like a problem of course but he can't keep making low scores at 7.

India's last chance to stand up and be counted with the bat. Those cracks on the pitch are tough, though, and our bowlers do seem to be diligent and hard-working, if anything, so we should be able to exploit those cracks. I'm wary of Sehwag though, I feel he's due for a decent innings.

I'd like to see my dear Watson return to be a batsman, but as opener with Cowan, Warner to 3.

Dearie me, for a little part there a 2-day test was in the offing. Luckily sanity returned and Kohli and Dravid batted rather well. India should be commended for not swapping Kohli for Sharma. That would achieve little. They should drop Laxman for Sharma for Adelaide, however. They need to get their youth in their side and just stick with them.

Agree. If I was an Indian fan and they'd dropped Kohli for Sharma I'd have been livid. One of the struggling oldies must go and you'd think Laxman would be first cab off the rank. I think Kohli will (or should) blossom in to a good batsman, but won't do that unless he's given some milage.

I'd like them to keep their mitts off the opening partnership for a while. It seems to be working, so leave it alone.

Yeh me too. Let it function. Our first 200 run partnership in almost 4 years (not that you need a 200 run partnership to validate a pair, but still). I think the solidity of Cowan and the hitting of Warner work well together. Let Watson work his way into the middle order.

Ed cowan's innings was almost as goood as Warner's in a lot of ways. He was batting at nearly a run a ball for a lot of it. But the steady attitude compared to Warner's primal clubbing also helped break the Indian bowling. Warner is all or nothing as a batter, he won't change. Down the track i would like to try him at 3 just to see if he is better (if thats possible!) As an opener he will make big scores but he will also go out in the first over. Look out when Watson returns though. 3 class batsmen we have.

Cowan batted very well. But they batted really well as a partnership.

The Indian bowlers bowled absolute rubbish to them but it was, in part, caused by the batsmen. Warner put away everything, so the bowlers started changing their plans to him and, as a flow on, Cowan. They stopped bowling a good line and length and waiting for a mistake. That's how Australia has dealt with Sehwag, by just hitting good areas and waiting for him to edge or get himself out. It was like watching park bowlers bowling to a slogger. He may smash one or two of the good length balls on off stump, but he's just as likely to nick, miss or sky one. And they kept on with it to Cowan, who just put away the trash when it came.

And I think we're seeing the good Starc today and yesterday. When he has rhythm and, hence, consistency he is a really dangerous bowler. He just needs to develop more Jekyll and less Hyde.

Kohli is batting well in the circumstances and his duel with Siddle is interesting. His problem is that he's running out of partners and the Aussies are playing at a war of attrition out there.

Currently 7 down.

Sorry make that 8 ... now 9 Hilfy has taken WW..W

Three wickets in 5 balls with Umesh Yadav coming in to partner Kholi.

This test match won't last half the distance.

Edit: Siddle gets Kohli and it's all over red rover.

Warner must get MOM.

India finish with 4-0 after lunch. That's 7 losses in a row. Great. Keep playing 20/20 cricket India, bet on anything that moves.

Test Cricket is what gets remembered. See you in Adelaide, oh and thanks for coming.