Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Have no qualms swapping Watson for Quniey if Watson is fit. Would happily go Starc for Hilfy. He looks so circa 2010 atm.

Looks as though Watson will not come up, another chance for Quiney perhaps.

Is Watson in the best 6 Test batsmen around Australia?

Looks as though Watson will not come up, another chance for Quiney perhaps.

Is Watson in the best 6 Test batsmen around Australia?

Batting averages in the last three series' he's played in:

17, 24 and 32.

If he's in the top six, it's a sad indictment on our batting stocks.

Yep, I couldn't remember his name, Cummins, + Pattinson, + Siddle as the workhorse & one spinner, + an alrounder.

Watson to Open for a year or two, then go back to the Mid order.

I like what I'm seeing of Cowan. But don't like 2 Lefties opening the Innings. I think Cowan & Watson could be a good pairing?

Maybe Warner can eventually be a No 3, David Boon type 3?

I still don't like Warner as opener, but 1st drop OK. (3, 4 or 5)

Now we have a player with hands, we must try to keep him, catches win matches. Go Quiney.

I still don't like Warner as opener, but 1st drop OK. (3, 4 or 5)

Hopefully today knocks will address that bizarre flight of fancy.

Now we have a player with hands, we must try to keep him, catches win matches. Go Quiney.

Yes but can he bat at Test level?

How is the pitch playing ? A road ?

A typical flat Adelaide batting paradise.

Just go Ponting FFS Should have retired 2 years ago.

Age has beaten you.

Should have picked Watson in his place...

His time is coming near but he more than justified his selection last season with 544 runs at over 100 avg often coming into bat at 3 for not many. But I know you cant resist the pins in the effigy.

You must be prety [censored] off Clarke is doing so well as you had call for his head often frequently a couple of years ago.

And BTW, Watson is not fit and his form with the bat does not demand selection if he cant bowl.

Australia have done well to be 4/224.

Warner did well with 120. Pity they blew 3 wickets.

Kallis short spell aside, the bowling has been poor. And for 90+ runs in 9 overs after lunch then the bowling has been below Test standard.

Although there will be those that blame the pitch!

His time is coming near but he more than justified his selection last season with 544 runs at over 100 avg often coming into bat at 3 for not many. But I know you cant resist the pins in the effigy.

You must be prety [censored] off Clarke is doing so well as you had call for his head often frequently a couple of years ago.

And BTW, Watson is not fit and his form with the bat does not demand selection if he cant bowl.

you'd keep selecting Ponting for the next 10 years.

He is almost 38 batting at number 3!!

What a [censored] joke...it is all about $$$ now...

Last years series against India proves nothing. They couldn't wait to get home.

you'd keep selecting Ponting for the next 10 years.

He is almost 38 batting at number 3!!

What a [censored] joke...it is all about $$$ now...

Last years series against India proves nothing. They couldn't wait to get home.

He is batting at No 4 and batted at No 5 last year.

And you continual use of [censored]/FFS makes you look unncessarily uncouth as well as ignorant of the facts.

Are you running out of pins? I could send you somemore.

• Like 1

Well batted Pup.

Hoping for Ponting sake he makes some runs in the 2nd dig here, or on a bouncy wicket at Perth. Else, it doesn't look good for Boxing Day. Only saving grace will be Quiney getting the chop before him if Watson is fit for 3rd test.

• Like 3

He is batting at No 4 and batted at No 5 last year.

And you continual use of [censored]/FFS makes you look unncessarily uncouth as well as ignorant of the facts.

Are you running out of pins? I could send you somemore.

oh dear Rhino thinks i am uncouth and ignorant. Get a life sunshine. You come on this site and disagree. That is what you do.

And you think i am running out of pins?? Haha.

Take a look at Pontings foot work this morning when he went out.

His time has passed.

And you think i am running out of pins?? Haha.

Probably not. You would have enough bile to make up for the shortfall. And as far as getting a life I could think of poster that needs one more than yourself. I often take guard against rank stupidity and you my friend deliver it consistently in spades.

I dont why you want to argue Ponting's time is up. I have already acknowledge that his time was near. His dismissals in this series have not been good.

It certainly wasnt the case last year where he came in a number of times with the score 3/50 and held the innings together and made runs against a team competing for the title of No 1 side. You right that the Indians went off the boil in the series but early on Ponting was there when it counted against Khan, Sharma and Yadav. If you cant acknowledge that then grab a few pins......

On a more serious and relevant note.....

What a complete day of disaster for South Africa.

After having Australia 3/55, they have conceded around six runs an over since and Australia is looking at 400+ on the first day.

Kallis is injured.....Duminy gone.

Kleinweldt, Philander and Tahir have all come up short in Australia. Tahirs efforts are reminiscent of the debut of McGain. Awkward and embarrassing. And Tahir comes with some rating and pedigree.

Morkel is just awful having just conceded 4,4,4,4,.,4 in an over to Clarke. Awesome batting supremacy I am struggling to think of a worse 1st day bowling performance by a visiting team.

They have left themselves in a terrible position for this Test where they will have to bat themselves out of a hole.

Clarke has got the bowlers where he wants them. At this point he has 413 runs in 2 digs without having looked like going out.

This is an absolute pleasure to watch Clarke. I think I'm in love AoB/RR. Absolute superb balance, confidence, at ease with himself and he is pouring it on. How was that over off Morkel?

Disaster for Sth Africa - as RR said. Unbelievable. Clarke sensing a kill. They could get close to 500 up tonight.

If Clarke gets a double century, that will be 4 in the calendar year. No one has done that - ref: Ch9.

• Like 1

We knew this was a batting wicket anyway, and let's face it, the SA bowling has been dead set rubbish. Despite this onslaught SA have still to bat, it'll be interesting to see if they're able to make hay in the same way Aus have.

Losing Kallis was a seriously cruel blow though. I actually felt sorry for them for about a minute.

Versus SL

23 (In at 2-36 off 9.4 overs)

60 (2-5, 3.2)

13 (2-95, 36.5)

6 (3-101, 35.5)

112 (3-188, 55.5)

Versus SA

151 (3-40,16.2)

2 (2-11, 5.3)

11 (3-193, 46.3)

2 (3-141, 36.5)

Versus NZ

139 (3-91, 27.1)

22 (3-31, 15.2)

0 (3-159, 45.4)

Versus India

31 (3-159, 48.3)

1 (3-24, 11.3)

329* (3-37, 8.5)

18 (3-242, 44.5)

210 (3-84, 25.5)

37 (3-40, 11.4)

Versus West Indies

73 (3-84, 23.6)

6 (3-126, 33.6)

45 (3-83,32.3)

15 (3-57, 24.5)

24 (3-105, 45.3)

25 (3-112, 55.2)

Versus South Africa

259* (3-40, 9.3)

224* (3-55, 12.6)

When he's come in after the team has posted 100, he has scores of 6, 112, 11, 2, 0, 31, 18, 6, 24 and 25 - 235 runs at 23.5 (10 innings)

When he's come in before the team has posted 100 he has scores of 23, 60, 13, 151, 2, 139, 22, 1, 329*, 210, 37, 73, 45, 15, 259* and 224* - 1603 runs at 123.31 (16 innings)

This year he's now scored 1265 runs from 8 matches at 141.

He's. A. Star.

That many runs in one day is insane. If we can push on towards 650 then we'll have plenty of time to push for our wickets. Lyon is going to be important. Tahir was insipid today, but Lyon knows Adelaide and was quite good in Brisbane. If Kallis doesn't bat, his chief destroyer is out, which helps.

He's scored 1265 so far this year. I was wondering if he was a chance to take the record for most runs in a calendar year (since we have 3 more Tests after this one). The record is 1788 by Mohammad Yousuf in 2006. 3 Tests, potentially 7 more innings...it's not unfathomable, but still highly unlikely.

He's scored 1265 so far this year. I was wondering if he was a chance to take the record for most runs in a calendar year (since we have 3 more Tests after this one). The record is 1788 by Mohammad Yousuf in 2006. 3 Tests, potentially 7 more innings...it's not unfathomable, but still highly unlikely.

The way he's going, that's only two innings away!

• Like 1