Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

What do you mean?

If there's a conflict of interest problem I can't see that it's a conflict only when thinking about number of balls in an over, but does not exist when ruling on a boundary, front-foot no-ball, run-out, stumping, catch, etc.

PS. Hope the start of the school year has been good to you :)

I just don't think the third man should be in such a position to rule (insert cheeky emoticon).

The year has started very well thanks mate, lovely kids. Wedding in a month is freaking me out though!

I just don't think the third man should be in such a position to rule (insert cheeky emoticon).

The year has started very well thanks mate, lovely kids. Wedding in a month is freaking me out though!

All the best for the wedding 45 ! Deep breaths...

Glad to hear; it's good you're happy with your class. Wedding in a month must mean you're having some pretty hectic times! That said, I'm sure you'll enjoy the day :)

3-pronged finals series in Adelaide and Brisbane I believe.

It's a funny one - I'll happily watch a test series that I don't even know has a trophy or not, but will almost immediately call into question the point of a one day series.

We agree on this one .

• 2 weeks later...

What's the story with Will Sheridan who took five wickets for Victoria in four overs before lunch today?

Don't know a great deal about him . Left arm quickish . Can bit a bit . Originally from Canberra ?

Certainly a bit of a race for the shield final now . Points :- WA 34 , QLD 30, Tas 30 and the Vics 30 .

One full round to go (next weekend). Tas vs WA , QLD vs SA and Vic vs NSW

Cheers

I enjoyed the ODI series and it was good to see a relatively tense finish.

On the final, I'm not sure what Watson was thinking when, with 10 overs to go, he and Christian had both only bowled 5 overs each for less than 2 RPO and yet Watson continued with Doherty, who was going at 5-6 RPO.

If Tassie can roll WA in the Shield in the next three days then they'll hit the top of the Shield table, and where they play just depends on the result of the Queensland/SA game. Looking good so far after skittling WA out for 142 and are 1/72 in reply.

How great would it be to have Ponting lead Tassie to a Shield victory?

If Tassie can roll WA in the Shield in the next three days then they'll hit the top of the Shield table, and where they play just depends on the result of the Queensland/SA game. Looking good so far after skittling WA out for 142 and are 1/72 in reply.

How great would it be to have Ponting lead Tassie to a Shield victory?

Centuries to Cowan (what an amazing two seasons he's had) and Ponting (his three scores since being given the axe from the ODI side have been 75*, 130 and 111), WA dismissed for 241 in the second innings. Tassie's total for outright victory is 21 - pretty sure they can manage that :) Jackson Bird's figures for the match were 11/95. You'd think the bowler would win the MOTM award - not that any of you care :P

Oh, and some guy from India retired the other day.

• Like 1

Centuries to Cowan (what an amazing two seasons he's had) and Ponting (his three scores since being given the axe from the ODI side have been 75*, 130 and 111), WA dismissed for 241 in the second innings. Tassie's total for outright victory is 21 - pretty sure they can manage that :) Jackson Bird's figures for the match were 11/95. You'd think the bowler would win the MOTM award - not that any of you care :P

Oh, and some guy from India retired the other day.

Qld vs Tassie in the final hey ! "Back to back" for the Tassie blokes ?

Lets hope a "sporting" wicket is produced so we can get a good game .

The match is supposed to be on Foxtel but my listings don't show it yet . Maybe it'll be listed in a day or so . Will probably be streaming on "cricket.com.au"

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Qld vs Tassie in the final hey ! "Back to back" for the Tassie blokes ?

Lets hope a "sporting" wicket is produced so we can get a good game .

The match is supposed to be on Foxtel but my listings don't show it yet . Maybe it'll be listed in a day or so . Will probably be streaming on "cricket.com.au"

Cheers

It was a great final in the end that came right down to the wire even though there was a full day to spare. The chase was absolutely gripping: Butterworth and Faulkner had them absolutely on the ropes after taking 5/5 on their middle order. Tassie only needed one more wicket before being in to the bunny tail of Boyce and McDermott, before that lumbering goof Magoffin managed to nick enough 4s to chase down the total in the end. Faulkner and Krezja were bowling to them for the last 10 runs and were both so bloody close to taking wickets without success that it was making me feel sick.

Chris Hartley on the other hand is all class and thoroughly deserved his MOTM for the victory. I'd say he and Eddie Cowan were the only two batsman who looked solid for the whole match.

Also I think a "well done" to the Gabba curators are in order, the pitch was the reason this was such a great match. They could quite easily have prepared a road so that Queensland could just but for three days and set Tasmania an unchasable target and have the match peter out in to a boring draw giving QLD the Shield, but it was nothing like that. It had lots in it for the bowlers, which was to the strength of both teams.

Bloody glad Foxtel backflipped on their decision not to televise it, too.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Day 1 , 1st Test in Barbados .

West Indies won the toss and are batting .

Our team is Warner , Cowan , Watson (vc) , Ponting , Clarke (Capt), M Hussey , Wade , Siddle , Harris , Hilfenhaus and Lyon . 12th man Pattinson .

Pitch looks devoid of grass , though it could have a bit of pace in it .

Cheers

Edited by Macca

Warner's first test wicket! Wouldn't it be funny if after all this dicking around looking for a spinner post-Warne, Warner turns out to be a test-grade leggie? Ok, fanciful thinking (especially since the ball that took the wicket was rubbish) but I got a chuckle out of it.

Pity England won that Test. They remain number 1. But they play South Africa in our winter, so that should be a good contest.

As for our match, we're not inspiring much with the ball at the moment. Chanderpaul and Bravo are both class batsmen. We're going to have to lift if we want to bowl them out. Surprised we didn't play Pattinson.

Anyway, we finally got Chanderpaul out :)

I was going to ask that question.......

Many on here have bagged Captains for declarations in the past.

Well FMD, Clarke is a genius!! We started the 4th day trying to save a Test for at best a draw. A good tail wag and enterprising declaration 30 mins before tea and some good bowling and Australia are in the box seat to win it. Clarke will not be wanting to chase more than 150 if they are getting variable bounce on day 4.

Great stuff on wicket that seems a little underdone.

• Like 1