Anyone for cricket?

Whispering_Jack

Granted, it will be scorching if Wade replicates that a few times over the next few weeks.

One thing I have noticed with Wade and I have mentioned it before is his tenacity in the middle and his disappointment on getting out. He knew he shouldn't have gone out to that ball (and he said so this morning in a radio interview; expressing disappointment). He values his wicket. Which I like.

72 off 43 with a considerable amount from hitting along the ground and penetrating the field (a wet outfield).

Brett Lee made life difficult for Wade with his first delivery. It was Harmison like. Actually Lee was wayward a fair bit - maybe due to the moisture in the run up and longer spikes for the players in general. But Wade did ok from what I *witnessed. He's no slouch with the gloves.

* Didn't see the complete India innings.

I watched some of the live TV streaming of the Vic SA match from Adelaide. Quiney and Handscomb made tons.

Handscomb really looks the goods. So correct technically. Aggressive, but good concentration. Likely future Test player.

Poor old White bombed again, this time at no.3. At least he decided to bat on an absolute road.

I think he's the 18 year old that SA tried to poach for their Shield team at the start of the season along with a batsman named Handscomb who is very promising with some tipping him as a future test batsman.

I watched some of the live TV streaming of the Vic SA match from Adelaide. Quiney and Handscomb made tons.

Handscomb really looks the goods. So correct technically. Aggressive, but good concentration. Likely future Test player.

Kudos to the Victorian selectors who didn't hesitate to bring this kid into the Shield team despite him making a duck at premier district cricket last weekend.

Fitting that he scored the ton against SA which tried to poach him and young leggie Muirhead away from Victoria - Vics fume as rivals target young guns.

I bet even Hogg is amazed that he's found his way into the Aus T20 side. On the other hand, Hodge was again overlooked and IIRC has now retired from Aus cricket entirely (maybe hanging around for the IPL and so forth?).

It was good to see Wade get a nod in the T20 sides and, although it's early days for him, I think he looks to be a better player than Haddin is. Wade's a more aggressive batsman than Paine, and three years younger, so looks a good long-term prospect.

As for the India Test series, I want to mention Clarke's batting. It's been really good since he took the captaincy and - as I think HT pointed out - his run-rate was very good this series, which is been really pleasing.

Kudos to the Victorian selectors who didn't hesitate to bring this kid into the Shield team despite him making a duck at premier district cricket last weekend.

Fitting that he scored the ton against SA which tried to poach him and young leggie Muirhead away from Victoria - Vics fume as rivals target young guns.

The Redbacks really are a bunch of parasites - why can't they develop their own rather than pinch our guys. It started with Siddons and now there are 5 Victorians at least in their squad - wap.

Just what is happening in Dubai ? Pakistan all out 99, the English all out 141. England then had Pakistan 2/28 which has blown out to 2/222.

Do you think the English may have been down to Ladbrokes for a flutter ?

Matthew Wade. Two debuts in as many nights and two Man of the Matches to boot ! Thoroughly well deserved, and although David Hussey would not have looked out of place with M.o.M tonight, I thought Wade's innings was just as important. The catches behind the stumps were the icing.

Wade also contributed well in the second T20 loss to India with the bat down the order.

Matthew Wade. Two debuts in as many nights and two Man of the Matches to boot ! Thoroughly well deserved, and although David Hussey would not have looked out of place with M.o.M tonight, I thought Wade's innings was just as important. The catches behind the stumps were the icing.

Wade also contributed well in the second T20 loss to India with the bat down the order.

Haddin can take long service leave i think...he won't be needed for a while, maybe never again.

Wade was all class tonight.

Just what is happening in Dubai ? Pakistan all out 99, the English all out 141. England then had Pakistan 2/28 which has blown out to 2/222.

Do you think the English may have been down to Ladbrokes for a flutter ?

Or perhaps rammed down too much Gordon's in the hotel room .

A check of the betting slips should tell if they are setting up a retirement package for themselves .

Or perhaps rammed down too much Gordon's in the hotel room .

A check of the betting slips should tell if they are setting up a retirement package for themselves .

Three zip to the Pakistanis, now if the Saffers beat the Kiwis in the upcoming series, they will assume top position - so sad for the English in fact I'd like to see that !!

• Like 1

Watched SA v Vic on Foxtel tonight.

Poor batting by us collapsing to pretty ordinary fast bowlers.

But, great left arm orthodox spinning from Holland(who I thought was useless) to bring us back into the game.

THEN a catastrophic blunder by (soon to be ex)captain White.

About 15 for SA to get.2 wickets in hand.Cooper on strike. Jayde Herrick fresh, as yet unbowled.

Who does he bring on? Inexperienced off- spinner, Salpietro, who gets whacked.

When he finally DOES bring on Herrick, it's too late, but he does get 1/1/1/0. He must have been seething.

White's captaincy form is slightly worse than his batting.(0 again today, trying to hit a middle stump yorker through square leg).

Watched SA v Vic on Foxtel tonight.

Poor batting by us collapsing to pretty ordinary fast bowlers.

But, great left arm orthodox spinning from Holland(who I thought was useless) to bring us back into the game.

THEN a catastrophic blunder by (soon to be ex)captain White.

About 15 for SA to get.2 wickets in hand.Cooper on strike. Jayde Herrick fresh, as yet unbowled.

Who does he bring on? Inexperienced off- spinner, Salpietro, who gets whacked.

When he finally DOES bring on Herrick, it's too late, but he does get 1/1/1/0. He must have been seething.

White's captaincy form is slightly worse than his batting.(0 again today, trying to hit a middle stump yorker through square leg).

Couldn't agree more, Cam has been an embarrassment.

Couldn't agree more, Cam has been an embarrassment.

And I thought Shaun Marsh has had a horrid Summer. Cam takes the cake as far as horrid Summer's go. He's going to have to work very hard to get back. I even wonder if he's got full support at the Vics ??

India tie the ODI with Sri Lanka but it appears that the 30th over of India's batting only had 5 balls in it. Oops. An error by both umpires and the 3rd umpire/ Match Referee.

Dhoni says he isnt going make a big stink about it... Quite right. It happened, action should be taken to ensure it does not happen again and the result of a draw cannot be feasibly undone. All fine.

Then Dhoni links the error to the DRS system to establish why the DRS is not a good thing. Huh! The ball count error is a human error which cannot be addressed by the DRS system. The DRS system was introduced to address human error in dismissal decisions.

Dhoni and his Indian cohorts have performed in public far worse than there 4-0 result.

And the tie from an umpire error could not have happened to more deserving bunch of prima donnas. I used to really like India as a cricket team even when they were seen as boring in the 80s and 90s. Cant stand them now and it started with monkeygate in 2008 and its continued.

Their domination of cricket at all international levels is proving to be a disaster for the good of the game.

Conflict of interest.

What do you mean?

If there's a conflict of interest problem I can't see that it's a conflict only when thinking about number of balls in an over, but does not exist when ruling on a boundary, front-foot no-ball, run-out, stumping, catch, etc.

PS. Hope the start of the school year has been good to you :)