• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

And we can officially say goodbye to CAC

Yencks

The club IS evolving as its CHANGING !! simple as that...time willtell if for the better.. and even then it may be hard to sate all as we all tend to have differing ways of evaluation.

In the wash of it all it matters not a fig really why CAC goes.. if he goes.. The end result is....he's gone !! Folk...build a bridge etc..!! lol

We have five newby draftees.. a PSd to come..and 4 kiddy winky rookies to add to the pile.. thats 10 out of 44 that will not have kicked a ball in anger for the MFC that CAC had an influence on... So to say his efforts wont be felt for a while seems a tad blinkered.

as MO64 rightly summizes there are OTHER factos re lists..and player recruitment..player development etc etc etc.

We now have two blokes whose sole role is just that DEVELOPMENT.. surely this IS evolution !! The whole way we seem to be going things is different. The attitude of a ..oh we'll just put themaway for ever , wait and see approach is already on ready as being dipatched to the bin with the view that the kids can earn their tridents any time..its up to them..Thats a complete 180

The recruitment manger has a role to play..its integral and important...is it the end of the world if this changes.. hardly. Compared to changing the coaches and 25% of the players.. its only a part of the pie.

Will Richmond benefit from a CAC...for sure.. but then the Toiges are crap..so they have to!!

Heres soemthing for those who are still pessimisitic.. Lets see who comes along.. Lets see how they go.. and look back in hindsight and judge this moment in the clubs history. For me there is way to much over reaction to CAC going.. He's been good, sorry to see him go.. am I concerned....not one iotoa !!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The club IS evolving as its CHANGING !! simple as that...time willtell if for the better.. and even then it may be hard to sate all as we all tend to have differing ways of evaluation.

Ok. You're going to have to look up the word evolution. Evolution and change are not the same thing. Evolution implies improvement, change can be good or bad.

In the wash of it all it matters not a fig really why CAC goes.. if he goes.. The end result is....he's gone !! Folk...build a bridge etc..!! lol

Yes and no. In this case from what little we can tell the move, as I said, came at a good time for CAC, what with the new coach and huge intake in the footy department. Does it matter why he left? OF COURSE! Do you think it matters to WCE why Judd left? Or would they have the same blaze attitude with that as well? One more time... IF CAC left solely for the money, then that is of ENORMOUS concern to the club. To say "who cares" is naive and childish.

We have five newby draftees.. a PSd to come..and 4 kiddy winky rookies to add to the pile.. thats 10 out of 44 that will not have kicked a ball in anger for the MFC that CAC had an influence on... So to say his efforts wont be felt for a while seems a tad blinkered.

WHAT?! Who ever said his efforts won't be felt?!!! We can all see these draftees will come under his flag in the coming years... so what!!! For the third time, what I'm worried about is the next few years. How can you not see that another few years like the one we drafted Molan and Rogers in, and all these prize recruits will be worth exactly nothing. We have half a list for god's sake!!!

as MO64 rightly summizes there are OTHER factos re lists..and player recruitment..player development etc etc etc.

Yes. All positive points. How lovely. I'm not talking about them...

We now have two blokes whose sole role is just that DEVELOPMENT.. surely this IS evolution !! The whole way we seem to be going things is different. The attitude of a ..oh we'll just put themaway for ever , wait and see approach is already on ready as being dipatched to the bin with the view that the kids can earn their tridents any time..its up to them..Thats a complete 180

Like I've said before, I'm pleased so far with what DB's done.... but what exactly HAS he done. Until he starts stringing together premiership points his talk is exactly that... talk. Just recruiting new guys with development in their titles doesn't fix the problem. I agree wholeheartedly that it's a step in the right direction, but again, I'm not talking about the other departments... I was just talking about CAC, as the thread's title suggests.

The recruitment manger has a role to play..its integral and important...is it the end of the world if this changes.. hardly.

Why so? I'd say behind the coach the recruiting manager has to be up there with the most important people at the club.

Compared to changing the coaches and 25% of the players.. its only a part of the pie.

The coach and the players we let go had done all they could do at MFC.

Will Richmond benefit from a CAC...for sure.. but then the Toiges are crap..so they have to!!

Agreed!!! :)

Heres soemthing for those who are still pessimisitic.. Lets see who comes along.. Lets see how they go.. and look back in hindsight and judge this moment in the clubs history. For me there is way to much over reaction to CAC going.. He's been good, sorry to see him go.. am I concerned....not one iotoa !!

For the thinking MFC supporter, we could see that many of the people we've lost over the last 6 months were borderline at best as assets to the MFC. CAC WAS an asset. Even you aren't arguing that.

But yes. Should the new recruiter come in and be a huge success (or in other words, get lucky) then luck is obviously on our side. If we're promoting a guy from an assistant recruiting role to replace CAC then it's simple Bub... We have LOST experience!!! I'm all for a bit of enthusiasm, even blind Y_M enthusiasm, but you have to look at the bare facts don't you?

In the end... as always... I hope you're optimism is well founded.

I have a lot of respect for Craig, as he was always spoken his mind honestly with regards to different issues and he always loved a chat with fans who had a genuine clue about the game.

Unless every single person here has spent their entire life at a single company then they have no right to criticise Craig for his decision to leave. The new job at Richmond will be a good move by him, as it will give him new opportunities and a different environment which is understandable.

With respect to Craig, he has made some great decisions with later picks for us, however we have had some disappointing results come from early picks as well. I think this will also give the MFC a great chance to pick up somebody with fresh ideas and hopefully in the future we'll pick up some absolute superstars which we have lacked in the previous few years.

Oh an English lesson.. am always open to education :). Many and various meanings to evolution.. soemthing an evolutionary might note !!

Dont get too bogged down in the syntax or you may actually miss the relevance.

The club is moving, changing, developing.. I shall avoid evolving if suits!!

He , CAC is/was just part of a process. He goes..life continues. I really dont see what anyone gets fussed with. He has given a value to his work, without dount, without argumetn. Just what that is actually IS up for argument amongst some. I dont really care for it ( thge argument ) one way or the other , that is in the context of efect as he alone cant be credited with it. Given he's been at the club in the same era as Danners iwould suggest one ND had the greater effect as he chose what to do with the toys as such. He too has gone ( and some would argue thats very much EVOLUTION !! lol )

Its suggested that those who have left eh club had done all they could...this suggest that CAC hadnt.. We dont actually know that...maybe he had. Maybe thats part and parcel of his decision to go ...who knows.. we wont !! and AGAIN end of day it matters not.. he goes.. we go on. .and the next bloke will do a job also.

I for one DONT think that the recruiter is singularly the most effective in the grand scheme of things. I could be wrong.. happy to stand by that. I personally think the coach usurps the recruiter but we could digress here away from the path.

Anything and anyone could be labelled an Assett.. By their very nature assett wil have a lifetime an then you replenish it. So shall we with recruitment.

Many lament CAC's leaving...but I must be different.. all and sundry just play a part.. its how the overall package works. if the new "team" deliver.. then it really doesnt matter. Does it ?

I for one DONT think that the recruiter is singularly the most effective in the grand scheme of things. I could be wrong.. happy to stand by that. I personally think the coach usurps the recruiter but we could digress here away from the path.

Absolutely. Just as I said... BEHIND the coach, the recruiter is up there with the most important etc. etc.

Many lament CAC's leaving...but I must be different.. all and sundry just play a part.. its how the overall package works. if the new "team" deliver.. then it really doesnt matter. Does it ?

I think, given our disagreement here, that it really does come down to the difference between how highly you and I rate CAC. You evidently believe he wasn't that good. Or at least that he's replaceable. I don't. And that's where all of the above stems from. I DON'T believe he was replaceable. I think we would have to be VERY lucky to end up with someone as good as him in the all important next 5 years. What I think is more likely is this. The club is in a fairly similar financial position to that when we hired CAC (perhaps marginally better under PG, but we're still in the red with the CBF), so as far as I'm concerned what is MUCH more likely is that we'll have to "blood" another recruiter. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm so wrong I'll end up looking ridiculous... all I'm saying is ODDS ARE I'm right. THAT'S what's a shame. We had an experienced campaigner (Maybe you disagree) with 10 years experience... now we don't. I still can't see how any MFC lover could dismiss this, but then I'm not every MFC lover.

then it really doesnt matter. Does it ?

I think if you want to dot every i and cross every t and not leave any stone unturned then it HAS to matter. What if this continues to happen with recruiters, and assistants and people in sensitive positions? We may look back to the CAC situation and in years to come see a pattern of behaviour that we need to eliminate.

I'll ask you this. What if you're right, and DB ends up landing us in the top 4 three years running? What if we can't afford to keep him? Or what if he wants to go somewhere with a stronger culture like going back to Port, or the Dons, or god forbid the Pies when MM finally dies of that coronary that's been catching up with him? THEN it will matter how our staff have been leaving.

MFC seems to me to be the place for coaches early in their careers to come and try out the big time. If they have marginal success, they'll move on to a richer club with the resources to win a flag. If they fail, the only ones that hurt are all those concerned with MFC. You see my point?

You can be as blaze about CAC's departure as you like... and in the end I think you have grounds to let it go... He went to a club he previously loved, after 10 years of solid service, he owes us nothing... A departure of a quality football person is never pleasant, but hey, it's not like his leaving was up there with Barrassi's in terms of pain...

For mine, CAC's departure leaves me concerned. That's all.

But anyway. We've wasted enough bytes on this. I'll see you on the boards when the season starts and I'll join in with your optimism. We'll look at this in 3-5 years if we remember, are still around, and could be bothered.

I have never said he wasnt any good.. I just believe he's hardly irreplacable. No one is that good at anything that youre not replacable. Its a team environment.

Not so much blaze...as practical.. what are you going to do? There's nothing. I acknowledge your concern; I simply dont share it.

As with anything in life regarding decisions, there are risks.. You simply try to understand them and manage them. That...or dont walk out the front door !! lol

go Dees :)

FWIW Dappa I reckon you're all worked up over nothing re: whether or not we could afford to keep him. Just from snippets I've heard here and there, I'm pretty certain the club threw everything including the kitchen sink at him to keep him. I don't know what his reasons for leaving actually were, but I'm 99.9% confident it wasn't money -- at least, it wasn't money on the club's part. Richmond will not be paying above market value for him, and I know for a fact that the current administration takes FD resources very seriously.

I think the "big ifs" you're basing your argument on did not come to fruition.

I have never said he wasnt any good.. I just believe he's hardly irreplacable. No one is that good at anything that youre not replacable. Its a team environment.

Not so much blaze...as practical.. what are you going to do? There's nothing. I acknowledge your concern; I simply dont share it.

As with anything in life regarding decisions, there are risks.. You simply try to understand them and manage them. That...or dont walk out the front door !! lol

go Dees :)

CAC is not irreplaceable in the long term, but in the short term his experience in the top job IS irreplaceable, and I guess that's DD's concern. Initially I had the same concern, but like you I no longer share it.

By the logic of many here, I'd say don't bother because those guys haven't won flags either :P

hawks are travelling nicely, the dogs are trying to be the first team to win a flag with 22 midfielders

Fair enough. Some good points. I defer some judgement here as I'm really about as far from the inner sanctum at MFC as you could imagine being, both figuratively and geographically speaking.

Wishing CAC personally all the best. Thank you for your many years of great service to the MFC.

Think you might be facing some mighty big challenges at the "Tankers" with "Snakey" Miller & "Sun Tan" Terry.

Should be very interesting if they choose to "manage" another season.

However, a five year deal is a five year deal .... isn't it!!!!! :rolleyes:

Thanks for all of your hard work.

Can't say I wish Richmond any success, but CAC certainly deserve all of our best regards.

I'd like to add my thanks to the list of people appreciative of Craig Cameron and his great contribution to the Dees. Now after today it's all done & dusted so thanks mate & don't work too hard over their..