We can win it all in 2008

Yze_Magic

People, listen

With Dean Bailey at the helm, magical things will happen in 2008.

Bailey has some tremendously gifted players at his disposal, and I know for sure he is salivating at the prospect of coaching and developing our young guns and even the more seasoned players

Ricky Petterd - super speed, great skills, fearless. A real dynamo.

Matthew Bate - great hands, lovely long kick, knows where the goals are, great size, proven impact player at AFL level

Lynden Dunn - could become the leagues most versatile player. Massive engine, clean hands, can kick a goal. Polished, tough.

Nathan Jones - enough said

Brock McLean - we know how good he is when not injured.

Jared Rivers - he will be Baileys lovechild, as he mans the defense with aplomb week after week. Will be a massive bonus to have him back.

Aaron Davey - will now reach his full potential under a real coach. 50-60 goals coming up in 2008.

Clint Bartram - great speed. Great run with player. Great tackler. A revelation in 2006. Can kick a goal. Tough as nails.

Daniel Bell - awesome 2007 season. Shut his opponent down many times. Plenty of disposals, and great run from defense. He is fearless. He loves to tackle, and loves the tough stuff.

Brent Moloney - god I hope he gets 100% fit, cos if he does he is a great weapon in our midfield. His kicking over the lines is an asset.

Michael Newton - superb athlete, phenomenal mark, beautiful kick, and a big unit. Very exciting to say the least.

James Frawley - exciting prospect as a key backmen. Surprised me in his first year with his reading of the play, his speed and his willingness to run off his opponent.

John Meesen - looks like he will be a Demon. Highly rated 200cm tap ruckmen taken at number 8 in the 2004 draft, just what the doctor ordered.

And now the big one....

Colin Sylvia - Can he complete his first ever preseason? If so, look out. He was picked at number 3 for a reason. He can do it all. Amazing overhead. Phenomenal kick of the footy. Strong as an ox. Amazing tackler. Great turn of speed. Loves a goal. No doubt has the potential to be one of the top 10 players in the competition, and its only an injury free preseason away.

Add this with our more experienced players, plus draft pick 4, plus what we can land in trade week..

This team wil not bottom out!!!!!

2008 - time to break the drought. It can be done.

John Meesen - looks like he will be a Demon. Highly rated 200cm tap ruckmen taken at number 8 in the 2004 draft, just what the doctor ordered.

sorry, how do we get meeson? but yeah, i completely agree YM. And there are still plenty of others. The Juice is my man to watch. Bartram will take over Godfreys job nicely.

Guest unstable punt
sorry, how do we get meeson? but yeah, i completely agree YM. And there are still plenty of others. The Juice is my man to watch. Bartram will take over Godfreys job nicely.

trade, he wants to come to us

I don't see us as a legit chance in '08, and thought the same about '07 before the start of the season.

Sure, in some areas we've improved on where we're at on '06, with a few younger guys stepping up.

However, so many of our best squad are still very inexperienced, and we haven't rectified the problems in our list.

I don't see us as a legit chance in '08, and thought the same about '07 before the start of the season.

Sure, in some areas we've improved on where we're at on '06, with a few younger guys stepping up.

However, so many of our best squad are still very inexperienced, and we haven't rectified the problems in our list.

& how many people thought The Cats where a legit chance after finishing 12th or 13th in 06?

Big Pre-Season, New Coach, a huge Trade Week comming up which I'm sure will be full of surprise

WE are every chance to rebound hard in 08

our under 23 team is awesome.

our only problem is that we have holes in too many areas. When we fill those holes through good drafting in the next 2 years, we will become real contenders. that is the main reason why our time will be in 2009-2010 imo.

Bell, Frawley, ????

Pettard, Rivers, Bartram

Sylvia, Mclean, Dunn

Bate, ?????, Buckley

Davey, Newton, ??????

?????, Jones, Moloney

int: Garland (tall flanker), C.Johnson (flanker), Bode (flanker), P. Johnson(backup ruckman)

we have 5 serious holes to fill.

1) another key forward to support Newton post Neitz era. Bate could become a CHF, but even so we need to find another key forward who can become a goal-kicker

2) another key backman to support Frawley and Rivers, prefereably a big bodied one who can take the monster forwards

3) a ruckman capable of taking up the number1 ruck duties. Meesan not sure yet. PJ will be a great backup ruck who can play around the grounds, but isnt a no1 ruck option atm.

4) a small forward to help out lil Davey

5) we could use a midfielder with serious pace

These 5 areas can be filled through good trading. and im confident that once they are filled, we will be premiership material.

pick 4 we can get:

a) Rance- who will fill hole no.(2)

B) Henderson- who will fill hole no. (1)

c) Ebert/Palmer/Morton- will fill hole no. (5)

d) McEvoy- who will fill hole no (3)

e) Cyril Rioli- who could potentially fill hole nuber (4) and (5)

my point is, that with pick 4 we can already start the process of filling up the holes in our list. another top10 pick would be unbelievable bc we could fill 2 holes in 1 draft. with some good drafting, ew might even pick up a gem with pick 21 and 37.

Meeson we get for nothing via the psd and he could go a long way in filling hole (3).

that's why i think we should trade to trade Johnstone, Miller, Jamar (if someone wants him) for some extra picks, so we can build our list the way we want it.

the next premiership we will win will be on the back of Jones, Mclean, Sylvia, Rivers and Davey. NOT johnstone,green, bruce and Robbo.

sylvinator good post, but imo only holes 1 and 2 are critical, the rest are problems that can be solved easier then 1,2 with later draft picks, psd. We need two top 10 draft picks and our spine will be setup for the next 8-10 years

I completely agree with Yze_Magic

I do think we can go all the way. I want to win next year, win, win, win.

Meeson will go a long way to helping our side in the future.

Im hoping he is perminant back up ruck all next season.

Try and get another top 10 pick this year. With 4 take Lachie Henderson (before dogs do at 5) and with the other pick take Rance. We then have a key forward and key back. Spine suddenly looks stronger.

People, listen

Bailey has some tremendously gifted players at his disposal, and I know for sure he is salivating at the prospect of coaching and developing our young guns and even the more seasoned players

Matthew Bate - great hands, lovely long kick, knows where the goals are, great size, proven impact player at AFL level

Lynden Dunn - could become the leagues most versatile player. Massive engine, clean hands, can kick a goal. Polished, tough.

Jared Rivers - he will be Baileys lovechild, as he mans the defense with aplomb week after week. Will be a massive bonus to have him back.

Aaron Davey - will now reach his full potential under a real coach. 50-60 goals coming up in 2008.

Clint Bartram - great speed. Great run with player. Great tackler. A revelation in 2006. Can kick a goal. Tough as nails.

Daniel Bell - awesome 2007 season. Shut his opponent down many times. Plenty of disposals, and great run from defense. He is fearless. He loves to tackle, and loves the tough stuff.

Brent Moloney - god I hope he gets 100% fit, cos if he does he is a great weapon in our midfield. His kicking over the lines is an asset.

Michael Newton - superb athlete, phenomenal mark, beautiful kick, and a big unit. Very exciting to say the least.

James Frawley - exciting prospect as a key backmen. Surprised me in his first year with his reading of the play, his speed and his willingness to run off his opponent.

And now the big one....

Colin Sylvia - Can he complete his first ever preseason? If so, look out. He was picked at number 3 for a reason. He can do it all. Amazing overhead. Phenomenal kick of the footy. Strong as an ox. Amazing tackler. Great turn of speed. Loves a goal. No doubt has the potential to be one of the top 10 players in the competition, and its only an injury free preseason away.

Add this with our more experienced players, plus draft pick 4, plus what we can land in trade week..

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

our under 23 team is awesome.

our only problem is that we have holes in too many areas. When we fill those holes through good drafting in the next 2 years, we will become real contenders. that is the main reason why our time will be in 2009-2010 imo.

Bell, Frawley, ????

Pettard, Rivers, Bartram

Sylvia, Mclean, Dunn

Bate, ?????, Buckley

Davey, Newton, ??????

?????, Jones, Moloney

int: Garland (tall flanker), C.Johnson (flanker), Bode (flanker), P. Johnson(backup ruckman)

we have 5 serious holes to fill.

1) another key forward to support Newton post Neitz era. Bate could become a CHF, but even so we need to find another key forward who can become a goal-kicker

2) another key backman to support Frawley and Rivers, prefereably a big bodied one who can take the monster forwards

3) a ruckman capable of taking up the number1 ruck duties. Meesan not sure yet. PJ will be a great backup ruck who can play around the grounds, but isnt a no1 ruck option atm.

4) a small forward to help out lil Davey

5) we could use a midfielder with serious pace

These 5 areas can be filled through good trading. and im confident that once they are filled, we will be premiership material.

pick 4 we can get:

a) Rance- who will fill hole no.(2)

B) Henderson- who will fill hole no. (1)

c) Ebert/Palmer/Morton- will fill hole no. (5)

d) McEvoy- who will fill hole no (3)

e) Cyril Rioli- who could potentially fill hole nuber (4) and (5)

my point is, that with pick 4 we can already start the process of filling up the holes in our list. another top10 pick would be unbelievable bc we could fill 2 holes in 1 draft. with some good drafting, ew might even pick up a gem with pick 21 and 37.

Meeson we get for nothing via the psd and he could go a long way in filling hole (3).

that's why i think we should trade to trade Johnstone, Miller, Jamar (if someone wants him) for some extra picks, so we can build our list the way we want it.

the next premiership we will win will be on the back of Jones, Mclean, Sylvia, Rivers and Davey. NOT johnstone,green, bruce and Robbo.

Weakest backline ever!

Well there goes our whole season,thanks YM! :lol:

umm..yeah..he did mocker that "other " deal huh !! lol

and we did bottom out.. just had the Toiges to sit on to soften it !! :D

Try and get another top 10 pick this year. With 4 take Lachie Henderson (before dogs do at 5) and with the other pick take Rance. We then have a key forward and key back. Spine suddenly looks stronger.

Expecting kids in their first season to hold down KPPs in a premiership team is unrealistic IMHO.

Perhaps 2007 was a year we had to hand?

It lead to the end of Danihers reign.

It lead to the departure of Brown, Ward and Godfrey who were keeping the young players out of the side.

Players like Buckley, Garland, Dunn and Bode got valuable game time not only at Melbourne, but at Sandringham too at senior level that they may not have got if melbourne was at full strength.

Jones blossomed under the pressure of so many senior midfielders injured.

Frawley got to take on some big tasks that perhaps would not have been an option if it were not for Rivers getting injured.

Newton finally got a chance.

Plenty positives to rise from what was a terrible year.

People, listen

And now the big one....

there's legs in your namesake too =OOZE

no we cant.there is no guarantee they are a quick fix, were at least 3yrs away . we wont get meeson for nothing hes a top 10 draft pick.

no we cant.there is no guarantee they are a quick fix, were at least 3yrs away . we wont get meeson for nothing hes a top 10 draft pick.

messan has said he wants to come to melb and he is leaving adelaide. the psd order looks like 1.richmond 2. carlton 3. melbourne.

richmond and carlton have said they are not interested (apparently). adelaide get what we offer then, or we take him in the pre season draft...