Will you cry if no Judd?

cobba

Herald Sun today:

BETTING on which club Chris Judd will play for next season has been suspended after an avalanche of money for Melbourne with Darwin Sportsbet.

"The Demons were backed from $9 into $3.50 then into $2 by Saturday so we've shut it down. The money suggests it's a done deal," Hannah said.

Herald Sun today:

BETTING on which club Chris Judd will play for next season has been suspended after an avalanche of money for Melbourne with Darwin Sportsbet.

"The Demons were backed from $9 into $3.50 then into $2 by Saturday so we've shut it down. The money suggests it's a done deal," Hannah said.

Means nothing. Just means there has been a substantial amount put on Melbourne to snag him, bringing the price down so low that any bet would bring back the same amount you'd bet.

Betting prices and odds are dependant on how much money is put on each side; the more on one team, the lower the odds.

It means that heaps of people out there believe that they know the demons are in with a firm chance despite the fact that the HUN and other papers have been saying we arent even in the race. To my mind that suggests there is something to the rumours.

You suspend betting when its no longer viable to continue - too many bets on one horse means that its too likely that horse is gonna win.

Mark my words - we will still be speculating Friday ;(

Guest The Old Xaverian
a lot of good teams just under performed this year for mine...

Has absolutely nothing to do with Collingwood.

They made the top 4 because they are a good side. Poor teams don't finish in the top 4 every 2nd YR as Collingwood have in the last 6 years.

Which good teams underperformed this year?

Melbourne need Judd more than Collingwood needs Judd. If he however wants a realistic shot at a flag, Collingwood will be his choice. Either way, I'm not concerned what club he chooses..

Collingwood Finished well in 2002 (4th) and 2003( 2nd), finished 13th in 2004, 7th in 2005 and 5th in 2006. Top for every second year in your dreams mate. And the team of 2002/03 was quite different to the one we have today.

If we compare that record to Melbourne: 2000: 2nd, 2002: 6th, 2004: 5th, 2005: 7th 2006: 7th. Id say that the record is pretty similar - but have a look at the games and teams we've played in the finals compared to them mate. Tell me they would have beaten the Saints in 2006 the night we did.

They made the top four this year primarily because teams with better lists - Adelaide, Fremantle, Doggies and possibly Saints didnt perform - left it open for teams with fairly poor lists like North, etc to do well - think its a great thing, but lets be realistic about it.

Melbourne needs Judd more than Collingwood? Another blanket statement, but I wouldnt agree at all. When we actually have a midfield that's playing and not injured its beaten Collingwood more times than not in the last few years - If Moloney gets over his pubis and threatens to play as well as Scotty Thompson would be now for us, combined with McClean, Junior and travo (assuming he isnt traded) and Brucey in there as well - I know where my money would be.

Having been a member and watched the Dees play at least 11 times in the last four years every season, and having a wife who loves the pies - I know which team I rate and I certainly wouldnt get carried away with Collngwood being far ahead of the Demons because we had one bad season.

Now Clements out, if could only get a forward line that worked as well as Didak Medhurst we'd be laughing.

Cry?

Haha, Mate, I am happy.

Now we have seen what kind of person Judd really is, I am stoked he isnt going to be a Demon

He deserves Carlton or COllingwood. A match made in heaven

If he however wants a realistic shot at a flag, Collingwood will be his choice.

Just like Buckley moving to the Pies to win premierships. Brisbane 3, Collingwood 0.

I also prefer he go to Collingwood. Where better to get a good education on how to lose Grand Finals?

It is disappointing, but we'll move on.

Just like Buckley moving to the Pies to win premierships. Brisbane 3, Collingwood 0.

I also prefer he go to Collingwood. Where better to get a good education on how to lose Grand Finals?

It is disappointing, but we'll move on.

nope. just change my avatar and Life goes on.

Pick up 2-3 quality kids in the draft and watch the likes of Bate, Dunn, Newton, Bartram, Petterd, Jones, Mclean, Sylvia, Bell, Rivers, Moloney, Davey, Frawley all develop.

I got an sms, and I just dropped...

I didn't notice it, but all my mates at uni kept coming up and asking what was wrong - I must have looked like someone died!

I'll get over it soon, but I'm still not particularly impressed at this stage.