Should Danners leave club immediately

herb

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering what people think, to me i dont see the point in a lame duck coach staying on. Why not try and bring in Voss/other now.. that way we hit next year at full steam. Just a thought

Because Voss isn't available right now.

If ND stays, which I don't think he should, he should no longer have final say at the selection table. Selection should be made by those who will be at the club next year.

Voss was just an example..........

another advantage of bringing someone in now, is that they can coach some of the fringe players for ten rounds before deciding whether to axe them or not at years end.... i dont want next year to be a learning process, this years bad enough

We have 10 rounds left.

If we have even HALF as bad a performance as the toigs match, Neale will probably be under pressure from fans to get out straight away.

Personally, unless we have the ACTUAL replacement in the coaches box there is no point in doing this. But then, I don't see how the list could possibly take any message from Neale knowing he won't be there in 10 weeks, so what do I know.

But how about this? Everyone says Voss should be an assistant before he's a coach. Would it do ANYTHING at all to sign him now and have him sit in the box?

Lets focus on actually finding a coach first (we are not making 2 minutes noodles!) and let someone who has served the Club well over long period of time finish with some dignity.

Amen Rhino :rolleyes: !!!

Yep i was thinking about that before.

Would be a good idea.

Should we also put Ratten, Viney, Connolly and Sheedy in there as well as they have all been mentioned as potential?

We could interview each them at half time and after the game and asked them.."Now would you have done this or what would you have done at half time?"

We may need a bigger coaching box.

Should we also put Ratten, Viney, Connolly and Sheedy in there as well as they have all been mentioned as potential?

It could be like a Broadway musical audition ;) :D !!!

Well no, because Ratten, Viney, Connolly and Sheedy wont be coaching us next year

They talk to Voss, if they confirm amongst themselves that they are going to sign him up next year, let him gain that little extra experience.

We could interview each them at half time and after the game and asked them.."Now would you have done this or what would you have done at half time?"

We may need a bigger coaching box.

It wouldn't be the decision that I'd make but it's not as bad as you're making it out to be, for starters Voss isn't currently coaching so there'd be no problems in that regard and it would give the club a chance to get a good look at him.

I don't think ND should leave immediately. I don't agree with the assertion that the players will fail to perform to the extent they have with ND because he won't be there next year, if for no other reason than they will be playing for eachother and themselves. Many of them will also feel insecure about their future.

IF ND departed immediately we'd need to find someone to take on the role -

One option would be to promote one of the assistants as caretaker coach - is there any real value in that? I'm not so sure there's value for that assistant or the Club in general.

Alternatively, we would bring in a new coach who was going to lead the club for X period of time. The Coach would likely be unfamilar with the Club, the list, other staff, etc. In addition, a poor performance from the team in the second half of the season would create much pressure (think the reverse of Roos and Sydney).

Fwiw, I think that having a potential candidate in the box with ND would be intolerable for ND and very difficult for the aspirant. Shouldn't - and won't - happen IMO.

I want the club to have a pile of names by next Wednesday, then to start contacting those people and starting the selection process, so by GF day we have a new coach, who then can come in and be a part of the recruiting at years end.

Well no, because Ratten, Viney, Connolly and Sheedy wont be coaching us next year

They talk to Voss, if they confirm amongst themselves that they are going to sign him up next year, let him gain that little extra experience.

How do you know that?

How do you know that Voss wont get more money at Carlton?

Do you know if Voss is interested in coaching MFC?

Like I said there is a process that the Board should undertake and its not 2 minute noodles.

I want the Club to select the best coach and I want them to undertake a proper process not a kneejerk decision.

No he shouldn't.

What's the alternative here? One of our assistants takes over for 10 rounds, and the outcome is still the same. Let's face it, none of our assistants are cut out to be senior coaches, and nobody we want to coach next year is ready to step up in 2 days.

From now until the end of the year, this club will pretty much be coached by the players anyways. We'll get to see who REALLY wants to play for the jumper and who puts in the effort.

For his part, I hope Daniher plays the kids, and gives everyone an opportunity to prove to whoever coaches us next year, whether or not they deserve to be at the club.

Daniher is doing the honorable thing by not leaving us stuck without a coach until the end of the season. He should stay and do his best and let the club concentrate on finding a good long-term replacement for him.

We've got a good head-start which is the main thing.

If ND stays, which I don't think he should, he should no longer have final say at the selection table. Selection should be made by those who will be at the club next year.

You have got to be joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: Please a bit of respect after 10 years of great contributions to the club..

Like who?

The players or some of the office staff? Steve Harris?

The coaching panel now will be gone at year end.

Leigh Newton and Bohdan the fitness man.

Ahem! all the football department might be looking for new jobs as well!!!

RR is right, a new coach almost always brings his own people in, and added to that is our policy of only doing one year contracts with the assistants, so it's really a given.