We went wrong when Yze was selected over Newton...

Madness

wel..for one.. Wrecker would have to be in our best defensive 3. I honestly think an agile reminder of why he ( Brown ) had missed so much footy would have been influential. Wrecker would have haunted him. He normally gets the better of Brown anyway.,

But shouldn't it have been?

I mean Yze was brought in for Neitz, while Newton, at least in size, is a hell of a lot more comparable.

Possibly but it was clearly a tactical choice to go in with a small forward line. We went in with too many defenders which was quite painfully shown by neither Petterd or Frawley getting on the ground until the 2nd quarter.

Newton could have replaced Frawley. I don't agree that playing 20 mins a week of AFL footy is going to be better for his development than going back to Sandringham and playing a full game as a CHB or FB.

Possibly but it was clearly a tactical choice to go in with a small forward line. We went in with too many defenders which was quite painfully shown by neither Petterd or Frawley getting on the ground until the 2nd quarter.

Newton could have replaced Frawley. I don't agree that playing 20 mins a week of AFL footy is going to be better for his development than going back to Sandringham and playing a full game as a CHB or FB.

In my humble opinion the MFC has rarely got selection right this year and last night was just the norm.

Pickett - Played a shocker, but this was not NDs fault. All that [censored] we digested about being fitter and ready to play his best footy. Pfft. He is back in delisting contention. Pickett owes us 10 briliant games! He is the bloke who has hurt us the most this year and he needs to know it!

However he is closely followed by Yze...

Yze - You have played 10 years of AFL football, surely you know when you are not right to play? Or is it that you are such an individual that you only care about yourself and not the team? Fine, play at Sandy underdone, that is what it is there for. But don't put you f*ckin' hand up for the sake of it.

Other issues I have a problem with...

Newton = Obvious replacement for Neitz. He would not have been the difference, but I can handle a loss when you play a few kids.

Whelan - Has played the last two weeks at Sandy and got in the best. Will play at Sandt today! ??? ND you are a disgrace. Oh yeah and Ward to pick up Nathan Brown. Pfft.

And finally Robertson...

I HAVE KEPT IT QUITE BUT I HAVE A MASSIVE PROBLEM ABOUT THE WAY ROBBO GOES ABOUT HIS FOOTBALL. HE HURT HIMSELF IN ROUND 2 GOING FOR A SCREAMER, HIS COMEBACK GAME WAS EXCUSABLE AND WE ALL KNOW HE WAS BRILLIANT AGAINST COLLINGWOOD (PLAYING ON A FIRST GAMER). HOWEVER... HE IS AN INDIVIDUAL. WHEN THINGS DON'T GO HIS WAY HE SHUTS UP SHOP.

I'm being a bit harsh (cause I do love the bloke) but sometimes it is the ones you love the most that let you down the most!

And finally Robertson...

I HAVE KEPT IT QUITE BUT I HAVE A MASSIVE PROBLEM ABOUT THE WAY ROBBO GOES ABOUT HIS FOOTBALL. HE HURT HIMSELF IN ROUND 2 GOING FOR A SCREAMER, HIS COMEBACK GAME WAS EXCUSABLE AND WE ALL KNOW HE WAS BRILLIANT AGAINST COLLINGWOOD (PLAYING ON A FIRST GAMER). HOWEVER... HE IS AN INDIVIDUAL. WHEN THINGS DON'T GO HIS WAY HE SHUTS UP SHOP.

I'm being a bit harsh (cause I do love the bloke) but sometimes it is the ones you love the most that let you down the most!

i think we expect more from robertson than we should. the guy is a mid sized forward who has shown he can do the spectacular. he can kick bags. he is a natural goal kicker. but he should never be the no. 1 forward in a team. he is not big or strong enough for that role. and has always struggled when he has had to play at FF or CHF imo. he plays better as a flank or a pocket.

that being said, you are right. he doesnt put the hard yards in does he?

you cant blame Robbo...he has his style. he cant really ever be questioned on his efforts. Just some weeks they dont come off. he cant play alone down there. his style is not suited to being the focus forward. He's an opportunist style of player. He can keep that way, it works.

Do some of you actually watch how much Roobo works at getting himslef to the positions he does ?? Telly wont show the full story. Robbo not the problem, in fact he's more recipient than cause.

This is a serious question. I've seen Sandy play a few times, but never really noticed Newton.

Can he play and what is his best position? Ditto Dunn and if they are the future, where would each play? Both appear to me to be a bit under-sized for key posts. Is that right?

yes he can play.. FF his is Neetas heir apparent.... apparent that is to everyone except the numbskull coaching us !!

Maybe Danners wants Newton to play under Neitz for experience rather than through him out to the wolves.

When making critism about coaching we only have 1 perspective and it helps if you try and understand y danners would leave Newton out of the side. Is it because it was 2 wet? Or because he is protecting him and doesnt want him left alone and went with some what reliable yze.

Newton will play this year my guess is rnd 16 (till 22) and then the rest of 08' Providing Juice with some good game experience and taste making him want more, a big pre-season and then a strong year as he gets better and Neitz (sadly) deminishs slowly.

was it too wet ?? ffs...hardly. thisis football...you dont get to orchestrate everything to your favour , you need to take advantage and create opportunities as they come along. Compare Danners ineptitude and reluctance to do anything inspired as compared to th playing by Micky ouse of a kid with one year in footy. Again another clever move by Colllingwood, again another lost chance by Melbourne.

We needed another tallish player up front to act as either target or decoy to help Robbo. Blind freddy knew this..

Why pick Ooze when seemingly obvious to everyone except melb football dept that he was undercooked and succeptible.

The two inclusions for friday night were Wrecker and Juice. Chalk up another F**k up to the football dept.

If you couldnt debut a kid agaisnt the 'then ' worst team in the league...well...when ??