Season 2024 Over for Clayton Oliver

13 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Who is getting the ball to Jazza if Clarry is gone? 

When was the last time Clarry hit anyone lace out in our forward line on purpose? 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, rufus said:

Oliver the best Demon player I've seen in my lifetime (just ahead of Gawn). It seems he may have turned a corner off field and it sounds like he's determined to get back to where he was on the field (which is as good as anyone in the country).

I'd like to think the mail was slightly misconstrued and we shut it down immediately. If he's committed to getting himself and the team back to where we were 3 years ago then I want him to be a Demon for life. There's no offer that could match what he brings at his best and we should show loyalty based on his commitment to drive us forward.

Thanks Agree and agree again!!

7 minutes ago, Heart Beats True said:

When was the last time Clarry hit anyone lace out in our forward line on purpose? 

Tell me you don’t understand the role of an inside mid without telling me you don’t understand the role of an inside mid

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Heart Beats True said:

Is this an inference Clarry does not provide value to the team/club? 

4 score involvements a game  in 2024. 

• Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

Is this an inference Clarry does not provide value to the team/club? 

4 score involvements a game  in 2024. 

It was in response to kicking skills. JNM’s comment was vague in itself.  My god people are sensitive in regards to Clarry on this site 😆

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, Heart Beats True said:

Best midfielder in the game between 2021-2023. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Heart Beats True said:

It was in response to kicking skills. JNM’s comment was vague in itself.  My god people are sensitive in regards to Clarry on this site 😆

Mate, you do realise you are 💩💩’ing on a great of this club and he is 27 years old, still playing. 

Clarry’s kicking skills is not his best attribute, but geez, he is a great player. 

People ain’t sensitive but I recognise you like to kick the boots in and take a negative, problem saturated point of view. 

Maybe that is what’s other have a problem with.

• Haha 2

This time last year the message was ‘if Clayton doesn’t meet the standards we’ve asked we will consider trading him’ 

Despite his meh 2024 form Oliver held his spot & there was nothing to suggest he wasn’t doing the required work

Should the club reverse on that & look to trade him I’d be extremely disappointed because to me it reads like they’ve moved the goal posts.  He’s met the standards we set but that’s still not enough so bye bye. That would suck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, picket fence said:

Hnmm hypothetically..would you take Jeremy Cameron as a straight swap for Clarry???

Not in a million years. I know everyone (aka Damian Barrett) loves Jezza; I think he's overrated.

My memory is no good, but I don't recall him ever doing much against us.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

21 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

Not in a million years. I know everyone (aka Damian Barrett) loves Jezza; I think he's overrated.

My memory is no good, but I don't recall him ever doing much against us.

he's a great player. did you see what he did against Port on thurs night?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Ollie fan said:

I didn't say he was no good, but if you defend him like he is a small-medium and not a tall he is beatable.

Jezza - I feel like he’s batting 50/50, he’s brilliant one day and me’h the next , I agree with this post. Clayton on the other hand turned the competition on it’s head, If he gets fit, he’ll be eating coaches votes all over again, and I wouldn’t mind betting he has more than Jezza next year. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEE fence said:

Jezza - I feel like he’s batting 50/50, he’s brilliant one day and me’h the next , I agree with this post. Clayton on the other hand turned the competition on it’s head, If he gets fit, he’ll be eating coaches votes all over again, and I wouldn’t mind betting he has more than Jezza next year. 

And Jeremy hasn't? The guy kicked 62 goals in his second year of the competition as a 19 year old.

Cameron is one of, if not, the most consistent players in the competition and is still at his absolute best at the current age of 31 years of age.

He's already kicked 62 goals for the year and doesn't look like slowing down anytime soon.

Give me Jeremy Cameron everyday of the week.

• Like 3

Anyone suggesting we trade Oliver needs to look within themselves and figure out who hurt you so bad that you now have an ice cold frozen heart. 

Get some more love in your heart and take comfort in us being a different club to the big awful ones like pies and blues.

Oliver is a person and part of our demon family. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2

21 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

Tell me you don’t understand the role of an inside mid without telling me you don’t understand the role of an inside mid

How many goals has Oliver kicked over nine years well it's 58 not many for an elite midfielder as some say, oh by the way Nick Daicos is 8 goals short of him in 3 years.

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

How many goals has Oliver kicked over nine years well it's 58 not many for an elite midfielder as some say, oh by the way Nick Daicos is 8 goals short of him in 3 years.

I have always been surprised he has not kicked more goals. He certainly has all the ability to. 

4 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Just proved you don't comprehend the response by 'Jaded'...

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Left Foot Snap said:

I have always been surprised he has not kicked more goals. He certainly has all the ability to. 

Marcus Bontempelli has kicked 232 in 11 seasons even Josh Dacios has kick more goals than Oliver. 

20 hours ago, deegirl said:

This time last year the message was ‘if Clayton doesn’t meet the standards we’ve asked we will consider trading him’ 

Despite his meh 2024 form Oliver held his spot & there was nothing to suggest he wasn’t doing the required work

Should the club reverse on that & look to trade him I’d be extremely disappointed because to me it reads like they’ve moved the goal posts.  He’s met the standards we set but that’s still not enough so bye bye. That would suck

Any club that does deep due diligence on Clayton will pass on a trade.

He'll be staying with us as a consequence. 

We have to help improve for him to be of value in 2025.

14 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

"As some say"? "As some say"? You are doubting it? 

The coaches Association doesn't doubt it!!

6 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

No you some of you lot have no understanding of football and get excited over possession stats.

What is Oliver’s Disposal Efficiency % over his career?

Suprised he has only slotted 58 goals 

• Like 1