POSTGAME: Rd 15 vs North Melbourne

1 minute ago, Demonsterative said:

No comparison 3165. Better teams and better run clubs than us. My point was our list was great in 2021. 

While I wouldn’t say great but I see your point

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Demonsterative said:

It’s was good enough to land a Premiership. I’d call that a great list.. 

True but last year revealed our deficiency in good forwards so I'm suggesting the list wasn't as great in terms of two flags.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, von said:

Oliver isn’t fit. He doesn’t have the power to break away like he used to. Why do so many people refuse to use context when analysing players and our team. He’s a freak footballer who’s underdone. Next season he will be fine. Leave him be. 

I know Oliver didn't have a pre-season, we've now played 14 games, will he always be behind he 8ball this season or is there a point where he should reach parity - or even be fresher than the others?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

So people should only post what you want to read it is a forumto express one's opinion life isn't always full of roses.

Did I say that? Answer: NO, I didn’t.

I am trying to let El Diablo know that he is spoiling Demonland for people and is one of the reasons folks will stop engaging on here.

And I’m not alone. I honestly can’t count the number of times I’ve been approached at functions/training/matches and been told that my optimism is much appreciated since there’s so much negativity on here. Just last night, going through the turnstiles at the G a guy asked me “Are you WalkingCivilWar?” Turns out he’s a reader but not a poster on here. He told me he loves my posts because of my positivity. This happens too often to be the exception to the norm.

My point is, yes everyone is entitled to an opinion. But no one should be surprised when the number and quality of posters plummets. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

I can see with my own eyes and it ain't all roses like some want it to be.

So your facts are better than my facts?

4 minutes ago, roy11 said:

I know Oliver didn't have a pre-season, we've now played 14 games, will he always be behind he 8ball this season or is there a point where he should reach parity - or even be fresher than the others?

I don’t think it will happen till next season.

• Like 3

our list wasn't great in 2021; our best 23 was a dominant premiership side

everything went our way - form, fitness, and perhaps most under acknowledged was that hub life suited our player demographic

2022 and 2023 we were super unlucky both years with form tapering and fitness concerns

afl is becoming more and more like the nba - anyone can win it any year; four different premiers in four years in the afl vs six in six in the nba

it's ideal from the competition standpoint

• Like 1

Kangas look like theyll be OK:

LDU, Larkey, Wardlaw, Sheezel, Zurhaar, Simpkin, Xerri, Archer, McKercher, Curtis, Duursma is a very good base to build from. Starting to show some heart as well.

Edited by SFebes
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Lucifers Hero said:

I'm a big fan of Oliver.  Not sure why folks get so defensive when a poster describes what has happened in a game.

And I'm proud of being a positive poster who has given a lot to DL.

But I can't be bothered defending myself just because someone doesn't like what I quoted.

It is now at the stage that no-one can say/report something that isn't positive without a mini pile on.

Just when I was beginning to go 'back into the water' ... will now reinstate my self imposed DL ban and stick to responding to PM's.

I’m not attacking you. It’s a feature of internet forums to feel like there’s a pile on. Everyone here should know that by now. To me Clarry playing is great. He offers more than anyone who could replace him and will be better for having played the year. But to expect him to be what he has been previously is unreasonable given the circumstances/context of the last year of his life. They are just people running around out there.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, von said:

I’m not attacking you. It’s a feature of internet forums to feel like there’s a pile on. Everyone here should know that by now. To me Clarry playing is great. He offers more than anyone who could replace him and will be better for having played the year. But to expect him to be what he has been previously is unreasonable given the circumstances/context of the last year of his life. They are just people running around out there.

Maybe he's missing motorcycles...

29 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

life isn't always full of roses.

Six weeks ago I was told the results of a recent mammogram showed a tumour. On the same day my landlord informed me of an 18% rent increase. That’s just one day.

So yeah, I know life isn’t always full of roses. Therefore, I’ll be [censored] if I’m gonna be subjected to repetitive inflammatory disparagement of our Club and coach on a site that has so much good about it and many wonderful people. I won’t stop calling it out. Get used to it.

• Like 8
  • Love 5

17 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Did I say that? Answer: NO, I didn’t.

I am trying to let El Diablo know that he is spoiling Demonland for people and is one of the reasons folks will stop engaging on here.

And I’m not alone. I honestly can’t count the number of times I’ve been approached at functions/training/matches and been told that my optimism is much appreciated since there’s so much negativity on here. Just last night, going through the turnstiles at the G a guy asked me “Are you WalkingCivilWar?” Turns out he’s a reader but not a poster on here. He told me he loves my posts because of my positivity. This happens too often to be the exception to the norm.

My point is, yes everyone is entitled to an opinion. But no one should be surprised when the number and quality of posters plummets. 

We all get put off by something or some one WCR no reason for the quantity or quality to suffer

Just now, WalkingCivilWar said:

Six weeks ago I was told the results of a recent mammogram showed a tumour. On the same day my landlord informed me of an 18% rent increase. That’s just one day.

So yeah, I know life isn’t always full of roses. Therefore, I’ll be [censored] if I’m gonna be subjected to repetitive inflammatory disparagement of our Club and coach on a site that has so much good about it and many wonderful people. I won’t stop calling it out. Get used to it.

And neither will I so get used to that as for bringing one's personal life up sorry for the tumor and hope it all goes well but I don't need to know that and nobody else does either.

• Angry 1

16 minutes ago, von said:

I've been on here long enough to know what DL is like. 

I didn't say Oliver should be replaced, or won't be better for the year nor that I expect him to be what he was in the past.  I simply said I didn't think it was just an off night - something with which you implicitly agreed in saying 'next year he will be fine'.  I've said he will come good in other threads.

My 'pile on' comment wasn't about our conversation per se.  It is an unfortunate aspect of DL that has crept in over the last year or so.  Both the very positive and the very negative posters do it and I for one don't like it.  It stifles good quality discussion for those of us who are generally quite positive, who can see the good and just occasionally the not so good about the club, coaching, players etc. 

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 3

Just now, Kent said:

We all get put off by something or some one WCR no reason for the quantity or quality to suffer

But it already has suffered. There’s some really interesting and entertaining people who used to post here but no longer do because the negativity and belligerence is off the charts. I’m still in contact with a couple of them and their input on here is sadly missed. It will only get worse. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

And neither will I so get used to that as for bringing one's personal life up sorry for the tumor and hope it all goes well but I don't need to know that and nobody else does either.

Wow. I don’t need/want your sympathy. I only mentioned it to help you understand that I don’t see life as always being roses. 

1 hour ago, von said:

Oliver isn’t fit. He doesn’t have the power to break away like he used to. Why do so many people refuse to use context when analysing players and our team. He’s a freak footballer who’s underdone. Next season he will be fine. Leave him be. 

If he isn’t fit, then I would expect to see him starting well then fading. That isn’t the case as he is ineffective all game from the first whistle when he had a full tank.

There are no more excuses for this team. You have to assess things at face value and the reality is, he is like half the team and is no longer invested like they once were. They lack hunger and the guts to play with the brutality we all expect. 

This is the cold reality. Positive, negative, Debbie Downer , what ever rocks your boat. You cannot deny this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, binman said:

Many Demonland posters are too negative and should drink some concrete and harden up.

I am currently drinking a 'concrete', a Betty's burgers concrete shake. It has definitely improved my weekend 😁

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

If he isn’t fit, then I would expect to see him starting well then fading. That isn’t the case as he is ineffective all game from the first whistle when he had a full tank.

There are no more excuses for this team. You have to assess things at face value and the reality is, he is like half the team and is no longer invested like they once were. They lack hunger and the guts to play with the brutality we all expect. 

This is the cold reality. Positive, negative, Debbie Downer , what ever rocks your boat. You cannot deny this.

The Team is “no longer invested”

I think you are right, they are (mostly) playing as individuals. 

Why has this happened?….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

21 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Sorry to hear that WCW, I can relate because mum has been dealing with one tumour the last 3 years. As a son it's hard for me specially with her being 13,000 km away. Hope your kids can offer you the comfort and support you need in these challenging times.

After a goodnights sleep I have decided to stop my bickering about our coach, as much as I still consider a change of coach is due. Nothing I say here will change things so I will take a chill pill and try to look at the bright side of things, I loved Rivers in the midfield and Kynan Brown efforts, I also hope to see Taj given more opportunities.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1