BCNA game

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but this weekends match against North is raising money for the BCNA - an amazing organisation that helps women ( and men) and their families during their incredible difficult journey navigating breast cancer.

This is a cause very deep to my heart as I lost my beloved mum to breast cancer 8 years ago.

If you cannot attend you can purchase a virtual seat.When I looked earlier today only 146 virtual seats have been purchased so they have a long way to go to reach their target of $125,000.

i know times are tough for everyone but if you can make a donation you can guarantee it is going to a very good cause. I’m sure many of you will have been affected or had someone close to you affected.

Go to pinkladymatch.com.au

Go Dees 🩷🩷🩷🩷

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 9

58 minutes ago, jane02 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere but this weekends match against North is raising money for the BCNA - an amazing organisation that helps women ( and men) and their families during their incredible difficult journey navigating breast cancer.

This is a cause very deep to my heart as I lost my beloved mum to breast cancer 8 years ago.

If you cannot attend you can purchase a virtual seat.When I looked earlier today only 146 virtual seats have been purchased so they have a long way to go to reach their target of $125,000.

i know times are tough for everyone but if you can make a donation you can guarantee it is going to a very good cause. I’m sure many of you will have been affected or had someone close to you affected.

Go Dees 🩷🩷🩷🩷

We can only hope that sales for the virtual seats are low because the field of women is selling well and we can get an extra 5,000 people on the G for it.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jane02 said:

Go Dees 🩷🩷🩷🩷

Thank you for highlighting the importance of this match, Jane. I’m sorry you lost your mum to this insidious disease, a disease that’s taken too many lives. 🫶🏼

It’s a wonderful cause that’s also very close to my heart. I’m a 10-year survivor and because of two ‘scares’ I’ve had since then, it’s never far from my mind. Especially currently since the most recent scare was only six weeks ago. Beating the Saints was the perfect distraction while waiting for results. ❤️💙

I urge anyone who can attend the match on Saturday to please do so. If you can afford it, buy a BCNA beanie (there’s no such thing as too many beanies, right?) or make a donation, even a small one because every dollar counts.

• Like 4
  • Love 4
  • Clap 1

20 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

We can only hope that sales for the virtual seats are low because the field of women is selling well and we can get an extra 5,000 people on the G for it.

No field of women this year, FTB.

Idk why that’s so but I’m rapt that I got to experience it last year… an AMAZING experience.

• Love 1
  • Shocked 1

11 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Idk why that’s so but I’m rapt that I got to experience it last year… an AMAZING experience.

Ye apologies, I read that wrongly, though the below line is definitely confusing with regards to the field of women on BCNA website.

"MCG entry gates for Field of Women will open from 5.30pm.

Edited by FearTheBeard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

WCW - isn't it an amazing. I have participated in all of them now and it is the most emotional experience. I forgot to mention the beanies - glad you bought this up. I am glad that you are doing well.

Edited by jane02
  • Love 2

Y’all be sure to watch the big screen pregame. There’ll be a slideshow of people impacted by breast cancer. One pic will be of an absolute Dees nuffie holding up a ‘RAISING HELL’ sign just after the final siren in our game vs Sydney in Sydney, round 24 last year. 😁 She has a look of giddy delirium coz the Dees won, but with a tinge of sadness coz Melksy’s ACL. 🥲

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Y’all be sure to watch the big screen pregame. There’ll be a slideshow of people impacted by breast cancer. One pic will be of an absolute Dees nuffie holding up a ‘RAISING HELL’ sign just after the final siren in our game vs Sydney in Sydney, round 24 last year. 😁 She has a look of giddy delirium coz the Dees won, but with a tinge of sadness coz Melksy’s ACL. 🥲

Is that you? I will definitely take notice (probably through the tears). I was hoping to meet you at last year's B & F - maybe this year!

• Love 2

Went to the first with my darling Pink Lady Game.  Onto the field all done up in pink. 

made quite a spectacular scene. 
if you know anyone impacted by BC. Go in their name, 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, jane02 said:

Is that you? I will definitely take notice (probably through the tears). I was hoping to meet you at last year's B & F - maybe this year!

That would be awesome!

Yes, I’ve been told that pic will be in the slideshow. Also, I’ll be sitting in the special pink bay for some of the match. I’m guessing (and hoping) you will be there too. 💕

• Love 1

My thoughts go to any who have lost a loved one and also to those currently dealing/living with the scurge.  Those that have survived I wish you many many more years. I also know that eve in remission you live with it everyday.

My wife is also a survivor. You learn to never take anything for granted.

Hopefully , one day, a cure.

Strength to all 

• Love 3

Please don't 'bite', folks. Let it stand as a view - possibly with a personal story attached, as you (and I) have in the thread's subject matter - and move on with the thread's specific purpose on its (strong) merits.

Edited by Timothy Reddan-A'Blew
Note: The post I was reacting to has been deleted
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Please don't 'bite', folks. Let it stand as a view - possibly with a personal story attached, as you (and I) have in the thread's subject matter - and move on with the thread's specific purpose on its (strong) merits.

I’m not gonna bite, Tim. Rather, I’ll report this poster. Enough threads are contaminated as it is. This is one I refuse to watch being trashed. 

• Like 2

@jane02 Please ignore the disgusting post above (wherein you’re quoted). This thread is too important to have someone drag it down to their level. Thank you for starting this thread.

Hopefully that post is deleted before you even get a chance to see it. That way, there’s only one of us hurt and insulted. 😢

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

@jane02 Please ignore the disgusting post above (wherein you’re quoted). This thread is too important to have someone drag it down to their level. Thank you for starting this thread.

Hopefully that post is deleted before you even get a chance to see it. That way, there’s only one of us hurt and insulted. 😢

WCW - you beat me to it. I have no words 😶 

I did see the post but chose to ignore it and have blocked that particular poster. 

• Love 1

My wife and two daughters will be there tomorrow night dressed in pink - red and blue. My wife lost her Mum to breast cancer when she was 2 years old. Always a special night.

• Love 6

Very inspirational from Kathleen and good to see Clarrie giving of his own feelings in his own way. 
I’m in awe of the strength you all show and good on the club for the leadership role they take in supporting important causes.

• Like 1
  • Love 2