POSTGAME: Rd 12 vs Fremantle

3 minutes ago, 48 Year Now said:

Bewildered we didn’t make the obvious decision on Brayshaw pre draft. Based on ongoing health concern.

Forgive me if I’m being slow here but what was the obvious decision? Pay out his long contract inside the salary cap? Trade a player being medically assessed for career ending brain injury? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 1

1 minute ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Forgive me if I’m being slow here but what was the obvious decision? Pay out his long contract inside the salary cap? Trade a player being medically assessed for career ending brain injury? 

Forgiven. Well. The obvious was to take on the medical advice.  

And..? How would we be better placed? 

It’s all been said before so you likely know. Brayshaw going down before season got going was a blow to the Club, made us one mid short in a side poorly stocked for mids.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn’t be surprised if something was going on in the club. Our midfield is so out of sorts not even bad form is enough to explain it.

What ever it is, the leadership group need to take hold, bridge all gaps, reunite the group, find that mojo. I don’t think they’ll be able to hide it for too much longer if it’s something of substance - these things have a way of leaking and a belting will only make things move a little quicker.

Edited by Gawndy the Great
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, BoBo said:

I’ll be brutally honest I don’t like the pretty consistent invoking of binmans name around here when we lose. I see multiple posters doing what you just did or saying something along the lines of ‘gee can’t wait for binman to comment on this’.

The guy gives his opinions from what I’ve seen malice free unless provoked, is reasonable in his analysis in that he offers evidence and reasoning to his thoughts (which A LOT of posters on here are incapable of doing) and devotes his time free of charge to doing the podcast.

If you disagree that’s fine. But if you or any other poster wants to say something about Binman, say something straight to Binman and don’t do it surreptitiously by just dropping his name.

It’s petty and conveys cowardice. 

Well I disagree with you there he has had several pot shot and cheap ones at that, and talking about a cheap pot shot pot kettle black there so maybe take your own advice.

• Facepalm 2

Just now, Gawndy the Great said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if something was going on in the club. Our midfield is so out of sorts not even bad form is enough to explain it.

What ever it is, the leadership group need to take hold, bridge all gaps, reunite the group, find that mojo. I don’t think they’ll be able to hide it for too much longer if it’s something of substance - these things have a way of leaking and a belting will only make things move a little quicker.

Trac waving his arms in frustration with someone was unusual.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

It’s all been said before so you likely know. Brayshaw going down before season got going was a blow to the Club, made us one mid short in a side poorly stocked for mids.

But I don’t know - how would getting rid of him in November have given us a draft pick or something to trade for another mid? 

Edited by Fromgotowoewodin

But I don’t know - how would getting rid of him in November given us a draft pick or something to trade for another mid? 

It was sadly all over for him on the night of the Collingwood game. So I would assume we would have got another pick or kept Jordan, no star but getting a game with the top side.

5 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

I must admit I cannot recall him being frustrated most of the day before.

I’d say Trac has pride in his performance and the jumper - that sort of team performance would not sit well with him 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

and talking about a cheap pot shot pot kettle black there so maybe take your own advice.

Can you give me an example of me invoking another members name without me addressing them directly please?

Edited by BoBo

10 minutes ago, Die Hard Demon said:

Great observation. I’ve been thinking along these lines for some time now. I think it has a LOT to do with the game plan. ‘Contest’ + ‘Defense’. The players have lost their creativity & flair which would be a bi-product of an attacking game plan. Which we do not have. Players are tired & bored of the same negative mindset. 

I’ve always believed we had a gameplan that was built around our core group (Oliver/Trac/Viney/Max/Lever and May).

It was about maximising the ability of that group by not asking them to make decisions, not asking them to hit precise targets and not asking them to be quick and agile. We had big bulls and played accordingly.

Now that the football world has moved on, we are suddenly asking those players to become something they haven’t been for 4-5 years and in some cases, their entire careers.

They look devoid of confidence, they look confused and they definitely cannot consistently do what is being asked of them. This is a group that commands a huge chunk of our salary each year and they are currently being paid to be utterly lost.

• Like 2

It was sadly all over for him on the night of the Collingwood game. So I would assume we would have got another pick or kept Jordan, no star but getting a game with the top side.

You assume incorrectly, we would not have got an extra pick - we would’ve had a free list spot to maybe rookie someone but no extra draft pick. Jordon went as an unrestricted free agent so not sure how we would’ve kept him.

3 minutes ago, Sydee said:

I’d say Trac has pride in his performance and the jumper - that sort of team performance would not sit well with him 

He is one of the few I know will be bleeding about that performance, he has pride in his and the clubs performance, many don't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 48 Year Now said:

Trac waving his arms in frustration with someone was unusual.

I thought so at the time too, I thought it was directed at the bench but wasn’t 100% sure

6 hours ago, wizardinoz said:

The drafting of McAdam is a bust. He has no penetration in his kicking and cannot hit up a target from 20m away. Lachie Hunter mkll.

Yep, and trading away all of our seconds for marginal gains has left the cupboard bare at Casey. There was a time not all that long ago when Taylor loved using second round picks. Nothing against the kid either, but was Tholstrup the profile of players who was worth trading a bunch of mid 20s and early 30s picks for? We got a slight upgrade for all of those picks. 

• Like 3

We are currently slight favourites for the next game albeit against an undermaned Collingwood.

Beggars belief after that insipid display 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, BW511 said:

I thought so at the time too, I thought it was directed at the bench but wasn’t 100% sure

To me it looked to be towards a nearby player closer to the boundary who wasn't in a position Trac had expected them to move into.  Gameplan not clicking I assumed. We just looked so disconnected today.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pirlo said:

Yep, and trading away all of our seconds for marginal gains has left the cupboard bare at Casey. There was a time not all that long ago when Taylor loved using second round picks. Nothing against the kid either, but was Tholstrup the profile of players who was worth trading a bunch of mid 20s and early 30s picks for? We got a slight upgrade for all of those picks. 

Very early days but he is another that just doesn’t seem that likely to me 

2 minutes ago, Sydee said:

We are currently slight favourites for the next game albeit against an undermaned Collingwood.

Beggars belief after that insipid display 

Well one will expect a more determined side against the pies who while under manned will be having a good crack but it is a chance to go with them.

2 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Well read your own comment..

Ah ok I see. Nothing to point to except me directly responding to something you said. Which is the very point of my post.

I eagerly wait for you to explain how this is hypocrisy on my part.

34 minutes ago, Fromgotowoewodin said:

But I don’t know - how would getting rid of him in November have given us a draft pick or something to trade for another mid? 

We shouldn’t have let players go, so easily, thinking that Gus was going to play again.