Newton vs Buckley vs Neville vs Frawley

Dappa Dan

On the MFC website, there's a poll asking the fans who they want to see debut next... I was fascinated by the results so far...

Buckley - 33%

Frawley - 31%

Neville - 19%

Newton - 17%

Alright fair enough, Buckley showed some good form in the pre-season and has had the fans calling for his inclusion all year. Frawley was our top selection in the draft. I get those two. But Neville beating Newton? There's been PLENTY said in many forms of the media about Newton for him to be pumped up more than this by the fans, whereas Neville has done little (though not entirely his fault).

On the MFC website, there's a poll asking the fans who they want to see debut next... I was fascinated by the results so far...

Buckley - 33%

Frawley - 31%

Neville - 19%

Newton - 17%

I voted for Newton on there last week, and he was clearly ahead of Neville at that stage. Maybe one of Nev's mates (or himself even) got on there and just kept voting and voting to boost his chances for selection! haha :lol:

Buckley - 33%

Frawley - 31%

Neville - 19%

Newton - 17%

Alright fair enough, Buckley showed some good form in the pre-season and has had the fans calling for his inclusion all year. Frawley was our top selection in the draft. I get those two. But Neville beating Newton? There's been PLENTY said in many forms of the media about Newton for him to be pumped up more than this by the fans, whereas Neville has done little (though not entirely his fault).

Maybe its indicative of the mug supporter!.... :unsure:

Frawley will debut next.

The fact that Rivers is injured and that we are now resorting to playing Ferguson at CHB is enough of an indication that we are desperate for another decent key defender.

I wouldn't be surprised if he debuts next week, should Rivers be unavailable for selection again.

Frawley and Newton get me very excited

Fair enough.

I saw both boys play yesterday and was impressed.

Frawley for his first game back was methodical, safe, quick and effective. He has height, pace and reads the game. With natural improvement and body development he is a real chance to be a long term player.

Newton is different. He is an excitement player. The huge leap. The pick up off the ground at full pace. The long bomb. The mercurial snap. The chase down from meters behind the ball carrier. This boy to me shows real talent. Could have kicked 7 instead of 2.5 yesterday. If things go alright for this kid with his talent and big body, which will get stronger, we could have our next key forward.

Incidentally, Neaves is bigger and stronger than last year and is shaping as our next ruckman. He managed to get many possessions around the ground and with some improvement is also a chance to play for the Dees.

just goes to show how many supporters just listen to the media and dont make the effort to go watch Sandy.

im for Juice.... but thinking back wasn't a Kid named Loyd kept under wraps at VFL level for quite a period before being unleashed into the AFL? sorry my memory may be playing tricks on me, and of course they are different players but for some reason i remember hearing about it a while back...

Newton in for me. Chip has time to develop, and with our losing squad bucks will get a run at some stage anyway. Now or never to see what juice is capable of. Try him or cut him, he has done his time in the magoos.