Jump to content

Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

    Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

    We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

    However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

    The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

    Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

    We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

    WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

    Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.


AFLW: Rd 05 vs Geelong


rpfc

Recommended Posts

Just now, Ollie fan said:

Just BTW, why does Alysse Bannon wear a different jumper , with a diamond front and not a yoke?

...as does Casey Sherriff and Sinead Goldrick. The diamond is the women's jumper's design for the long sleeves.

Per my post elsewhere, very 'DC Comics'. Super!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ollie fan said:

Just BTW, why does Alysse Bannon wear a different jumper , with a diamond front and not a yoke?

That’s not just Banno. It’s the long-sleeved version of the jumper and I personally think it looks terrible. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

BA4C8B82-A1FE-413E-B70D-BB204A5C5FAF.thumb.jpeg.9bac829b3e58ae1cd75b88f4d5912ed0.jpeg

CELEBRATING MADDI GAY

50 EPIC GAMES

 

MELBOURNE & GEELONG

A NEW CHAPTER IN THE OLDEST RIVALRY 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Clap 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not blowing our own trumpet here (well, maybe a little bit) but in case anyone wonders where the DA sits in terms of other clubs’ opinions, here’s two examples from this past week alone. The first is from the Suns and the second is from Hawthorn (we received a similar message from Essendon last season)…

C3F62431-07C9-45DA-A9E6-1536C2E348E1.thumb.jpeg.e08a55890481aed8742f69b5997cd7fc.jpeg
 

4CA49EC4-3CAA-4515-B4DC-992AFE7F5A5A.thumb.jpeg.98776e59335689c3dd3ca5bbb75a3ade.jpeg


 

We go alright, huh. 😁

  • Like 3
  • Love 7
  • Clap 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, darkhorse72 said:

Another great game by the girls... so well drilled and coached and the stability has allowed that with great drafting.  The number of ex-demons players do well at other clubs from the early days show's we have a great talent scout from the start.  Then decisions to bring in a player like Harris on "Big" money to fill a gap.  How big is the squad, i.e. how many players haven't we seen?

This is a great point about the quality of our drafting and recruiting, often without access to high picks. It's partly the nature of expansion spreading the talent pool, but there really aren't too many ex-Demons who haven't locked down a regular spot elsewhere.

The squad is 30 players (plus any inactive players). Outside last night's team we have:

Harris (65 games), Fitzsimon (27), Chaplin (15)

Ivey (36), Wilson (27), Watt (24) Johnson (4)

Yet to debut - Fowler, Gall, Taylor

Edited by Dees_In_October
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Not blowing our own trumpet here (well, maybe a little bit) but in case anyone wonders where the DA sits in terms of other clubs’ opinions, here’s two examples from this past week alone. The first is from the Suns and the second is from Hawthorn (we received a similar message from Essendon last season)…

C3F62431-07C9-45DA-A9E6-1536C2E348E1.thumb.jpeg.e08a55890481aed8742f69b5997cd7fc.jpeg
 

4CA49EC4-3CAA-4515-B4DC-992AFE7F5A5A.thumb.jpeg.98776e59335689c3dd3ca5bbb75a3ade.jpeg


 

We go alright, huh. 😁


For the hawks email: 

Ignore I Hate You GIF by emilsellstrom

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched Zurich 'Goals For Good'. Yep, they sure were gooood.

But to my point: One piece of commentary I did like was, 'Paxy Paxman! Get around her!'

And what a smile (laugh?)!

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2023 at 4:04 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

Not blowing our own trumpet here (well, maybe a little bit) but in case anyone wonders where the DA sits in terms of other clubs’ opinions, here’s two examples from this past week alone. The first is from the Suns and the second is from Hawthorn (we received a similar message from Essendon last season)…

C3F62431-07C9-45DA-A9E6-1536C2E348E1.thumb.jpeg.e08a55890481aed8742f69b5997cd7fc.jpeg
 

4CA49EC4-3CAA-4515-B4DC-992AFE7F5A5A.thumb.jpeg.98776e59335689c3dd3ca5bbb75a3ade.jpeg


 

We go alright, huh. 😁

Congrats WCW on the amazing culture the demon army has been able to foster!

Edited by deanox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


21 hours ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Just watched Zurich 'Goals For Good'. Yep, they sure were gooood.

But to my point: One piece of commentary I did like was, 'Paxy Paxman! Get around her!'

And what a smile (laugh?)!

The part of that commentary I didn’t like was ‘her’.

Paxy has publicly stated they identity as they/them, not she/her. This was inherent with their recent name change. Commentators need to be more aware of identity preferences and pronouns, I know Paxy would cringe on hearing that. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've been watching some of the other games and what stands out clearly is we are a very fit team. One of the main reasons why we blitz teams in 4th quarters. Skill and talent a big factor obviously but the girls are a level above most of the comp fitness wise. Will be interesting to see how we compare to the Crows in this regard next week.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

The part of that commentary I didn’t like was ‘her’.

Paxy has publicly stated they identity as they/them, not she/her. This was inherent with their recent name change. Commentators need to be more aware of identity preferences and pronouns, I know Paxy would cringe on hearing that. 

Honest mistake, surely. Humans are hardwired to refer to people as him/her and it takes conscious effort to get it right 100% of the time. While it's important to try to respect peoples wishes anyone who makes a gender/dead-name or similar mistake in good faith shouldn't be criticised as being "cringe". It's the ones who refuse to acknowledge the wishes of the person who we need to focus on.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Chook said:

Honest mistake, surely. Humans are hardwired to refer to people as him/her and it takes conscious effort to get it right 100% of the time. While it's important to try to respect peoples wishes anyone who makes a gender/dead-name or similar mistake in good faith shouldn't be criticised as being "cringe". It's the ones who refuse to acknowledge the wishes of the person who we need to focus on.

Yeah for sure, I’m assuming Harford wasn’t aware. But as public broadcasters perhaps they should be. I’m not saying he’s cringe, rather that Paxy may cringe upon hearing ‘her’. 
 

it’s all education. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BDA said:

I've been watching some of the other games and what stands out clearly is we are a very fit team. One of the main reasons why we blitz teams in 4th quarters. Skill and talent a big factor obviously but the girls are a level above most of the comp fitness wise. Will be interesting to see how we compare to the Crows in this regard next week.

Same here, BDA. I’ve been watching other games and it’s clear that they increasingly run out of gas as the match wears on, as opposed to running the game out strong right up to the final siren as we do. In fact, our players always look as though they could play another quarter!

Next week’s match will be very telling. As for now, I’ll be watching the Crows today with much interest. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/29/2023 at 3:52 PM, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

...as does Casey Sherriff and Sinead Goldrick. The diamond is the women's jumper's design for the long sleeves.

Per my post elsewhere, very 'DC Comics'. Super!

75F118D1-7365-4A72-BE88-04443D351753.thumb.png.fd7e4b21f8d19b5c78a0960f6a0666d1.png
 

Up, up and away!!!! 😂

Seriously though, why can’t we have the same long-sleeved jumper as the men?!?!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

75F118D1-7365-4A72-BE88-04443D351753.thumb.png.fd7e4b21f8d19b5c78a0960f6a0666d1.png
 

Up, up and away!!!! 😂

Seriously though, why can’t we have the same long-sleeved jumper as the men?!?!

I'm actually liking it now.

It helps that it's becoming associated with some glorious football and great footballers 😊

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

I'm actually liking it now.

It helps that it's becoming associated with some glorious football and great footballers 😊

Yeah I’m sure it’ll grow on me too. Takes a bit of getting used to. As you say, it’s worn at a time where we’re seeing scintillating footy so it’s all good. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, @Deemented Are Go! and @Chook, for the discussion on Paxy and their preference for address.

Except for here, I am on no social media, where I presume they made their public statement on this. I was aware they had formally changed their name (perhaps it was on here?) but missed the further important detail. So, my observation about the commentary was solely about the sentiment it expressed.

And it was one of the women, btw.

In passing, I also liked the insight that Paxy did not, and still does not, 'follow footy' and does not 'have a team'.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


43 minutes ago, Timothy Reddan-A'Blew said:

Thanks, @Deemented Are Go! and @Chook, for the discussion on Paxy and their preference for address.

Except for here, I am on no social media, where I presume they made their public statement on this. I was aware they had formally changed their name (perhaps it was on here?) but missed the further important detail. So, my observation about the commentary was solely about the sentiment it expressed.

And it was one of the women, btw.

In passing, I also liked the insight that Paxy did not, and still does not, 'follow footy' and does not 'have a team'.

Indeed, the sentiment in the commentary was great! 
My short term memory must be shot, I was sure it was Harford that made the comment 🥴.

CARNAMIGHTYDEES! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They were every bit as good live as I hoped.  My only concern over the first 4 weeks had been the form of Libby Birch and she started to show some signs later in the game that she was finding some confidence, so it was a win all round for me. My girls enjoyed it too 😀😀

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vipercrunch said:

They were every bit as good live as I hoped.  My only concern over the first 4 weeks had been the form of Libby Birch and she started to show some signs later in the game that she was finding some confidence, so it was a win all round for me. My girls enjoyed it too 😀😀

I am a bit concerned that Libby can’t keep up with the speed of the game or the athleticism of new generation of forwards. She also falls over a lot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, FarNorthernD said:

I am a bit concerned that Libby can’t keep up with the speed of the game or the athleticism of new generation of forwards. She also falls over a lot. 

Is she injured. Doesn’t look right at all. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hore received 10 coaches' votes for this game.

The leaderboard at the mid-way point:

43    Jasmine Garner    (NMFC)
38    Monique Conti    (RICH)
36    Kate Hore    (MELB)
33    Laura Gardiner    (SYD)
32    Tyla Hanks    (MELB)

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    GAMEDAY: Practice Match vs Carlton

    It's Game Day and the Demons are headed for a date with the Blues at Ikon Park for their final practice match before the ball is kicked in anger to open the season in just over a week's time. Date: Wednesday 28th February 2024 Location: Ikon Park Gates Open: 5:30pm Match commences: 6:40pm Watch: Foxtel & Kayo VFL practice match: Please note, the VFL practice match (10:30am) is no longer open to public. Entry: Your entry gate will be detailed on your ticket (4, 5 or 6)

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 202

    TRAINING: Tuesday 27th February 2024

    I headed down to Gosch’s Paddock this morning for the Captain’s Run in the lead up to tomorrow night’s practice match against the Blues.  The squad that took the field was indicative of the lineup for that match at Ikon Park.  Likely Selections based on the groupings of players at the Captain's Run today at Gosch's Paddock. Main Group: Gawn, Viney, May, JVR, Lever, Petracca, McVee, Windsor, Billings, Langdon, Bowey, Schache, Rivers, ANB, Fritsch, Sparrow, Chandler, Kozzy,

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports 4

    SCRUTINY & RESILIENCE by Whispering Jack

    If the week when preseason training melds into scratch matches with other clubs, is the first marker for the beginning of a new season, then this has certainly been a torrid opener for the Melbourne Football Club in its campaign to remain a leading AFL premiership contender in 2024. The Demons were already under enormous scrutiny from the media and football’s fan base (including their own) after consecutive straight-sets finals exits, with Clayton Oliver’s well documented woes, the Joel Smi

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 27

    Angus Brayshaw Forced into Retirement

    After 167 games including the drought breaking Premiership Angus Brayshaw has made the heart breaking decision to medically retire from football as a result of a series of serious head knocks over his nearly decade of footy. We wish Gus all the best and he'll always be a hero at Demonland. 😢

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 414

    PODCAST: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Tuesday, 20th February @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we dissect the Scratch Match loss to the Tigers and hopefully provide me with some free MFCSS therapy. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 43

    PREGAME: Practice Match vs Carlton

    The Dees will play their final practice match before the start of the 2024 seasons against the Blues at Ikon Park. What are you wanting to see in this final hit out before the season proper? Will Clarry & Salo return to the side? 2024 AAMI Community Series | Carlton v Melbourne Date: Wednesday 28 February Time: 6:40pm (AEDT) Location: IKON Park | Wurundjeri

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 183

    POSTGAME: Match SIM vs Richmond

    The Dees were outclassed and outmuscled in its first practice hit out for the 2024 season against the Tigers going down by 23 points at Casey Fields. 

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 287

    GAMEDAY: Match SIM vs Richmond

    It's Game Day and it's been 156 days since the Demons were bundled out of the finals in straight sets for the 2nd year in a row. Our redemption starts here. Remember it's only a practice match if we lose. Date: Sunday 18th Feb Location: Casey Fields Gate open: 9.30am Match commences: 10am Watch: Foxtel & Kayo Inclusions: Seven-quarter match simulation Signing opportunities Kids' activities Partner giveaways Demons Squad: 1. Steven May 2. Jacob Van Rooyen

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 402

    TRAINING: Saturday 17th February 2024

    On the eve of the Dees first practice match for the 2024 season a couple of Demonland Trackwatchers bring you their observations from today’s Captain’s Run at Gosch’s Paddock.  KEV MARTIN’S CAPTAIN’S RUN OBSERVATIONS Looks a a dress rehearsal Captain's run. 23 out doing drills.  Included is Will Verall, Kynan Brown, Bailey Laurie, Caleb Windsor, Blake Howes, Adam Tomlinson, Kade Chandler, Jack Billings and Josh Schache. Rehab include BBB, Tom Fullarton, TMac, AMW, Woey.

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Training Reports
  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...