TRAINING: Friday 10th February 2023

Whispering_Jack

11 minutes ago, kev martin said:

When one on one, his defensive skills are more get the ball first. When he is "on", he is a player that can attract the ball too himself and outmanoeuvres his opponent. I've seen him burn both Sparg's and Chandler.

He is a more of a Jetta type player, who would take the fast dangerous, crumbing forward, though match him for pace and guile, more than body him away from the contest. He is competitive and fast.

Good to hear!

And being from Doveton he should have the necessary amount of mongrel too!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, IRW said:

What? Is the " coach" going to tell them to kick it out front of him on a lead? 

I'd like to see that and will believe it when it happens

I'll take "Things Lachie Hunter does." for $400, please!

(actually, I guess that is what McQueen has already done)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Deeoldfart said:

Training reports from Pickett and others about Deakyn Smith have me excited, but I’m the first to admit that I know very little about him.  From reports he seems to be a smooth moving defender with good skills, who reads the play well, but that’s about it.  How good are his defensive skills one-on-one (?), who on our list might he challenge for a senior berth (?), who on our list or others does he remind our track watchers of (?), could he play a Nev Jetta or Hibbo role (?).  I’m really intrigued.  Thanks for any insights.

Good series of questions that apply to nearly all of our potential team given the depth of player options for selectors at the current moment. Amongst the newbies, still untried, I can see reflections of past greats and reliable winners; ain't it great to in this position? Amongst our improving players recruited in the past couple of years, more than a handful of them are starting to set precedents of readiness and that is what is going to be so exciting about the '23 season, for me. It really is intriguing across the board, making hopeful questions of up-coming success and sustained competitive strengths more realistic than ever. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, picket fence said:

Stan would LURVE hearing this!!!🤩

' #15 maestro ' sums up Stan to perfection. I'd always thought that it was highly unlikely to see another exponent of that quality - perhaps there is a chance of that recurring once again. Let it be.......

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

23 hours ago, picket fence said:

TRAINING REPORT FRIDAY 10/2/2023  …

10 MOOSE MUNRO yep thats right, the Moose played in the white team and picked up numerous good possessions and kicked a great goal, Think he was just making up numbers but gee would not be the worst idea if a spot opened up

Jonty Ralphsmith who covers local suburban football reports that there were a few other Casey Demons players who took part in Melbourne’s match simulation on Friday including Ziggy Toledo-Glasman, the key forward from the Dandenong Stingrays who at one stage last year was considered a draft Smokey. ZTG was playing in defence and at one stage was matched up on Josh Schache. He will this year likely split his time between Casey and Dandy Stingrays as an overager.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, KC from Casey said:

Jonty Ralphsmith who covers local suburban football reports that there were a few other Casey Demons players who took part in Melbourne’s match simulation on Friday including Ziggy Toledo-Glasman, the key forward from the Dandenong Stingrays who at one stage last year was considered a draft Smokey. ZTG was playing in defence and at one stage was matched up on Josh Schache. He will this year likely split his time between Casey and Dandy Stingrays as an overager.

We definitely need a Ziggy on the list

• Haha 1

On 2/10/2023 at 2:48 PM, picket fence said:

Gday Landers posted a lengthy report which the Mods need to vet STAY TUNED Shouldnt be long

Cheers 

P.F

You say Brown is a lock for rnd 1but my question is how do we fit all the talls in. Do we play Grundy and Gawn back hard to see us play 4 talls in  the forward line? 

• Like 1

Brown is in SCINTELATING form in last 3 Match Sims.. Moving freely Clunking marks  kicking goals..creating play... No way he misses out!🤩

Edited by picket fence
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, picket fence said:

Brown is in SCINTELATING form in last 3 Match Sims.. Moving freely Clunking marks  kicking goals..creating play... No way he misses out!🤩

I am enjoying hearing this, thanks for the updates PF.

Glad we will have some competition and depth for spots, we really lacked that killer finishing last year.

• Thanks 1