Captains Run Casey Fields 2/3/2022

picket fence

image.jpeg.8d8de145935a5c72e5e1d80410acf43f.jpeg

And it came to pass that a great pestilence descended on the ancient city of Melbourne,

and none of its inhabitants were untouched.

And some were heard to cry out in strange tongues.

And every 7 days the young men of the city would meet in combat. And each Thursday 3 wise men would sit in judgement and the wise men were

John, Robert and Loui

And their judgement was delivered, 

In LEAGUE TEAMS

APPLAUSE.

Bob Davis, "Hello everyone welcome to league teams, Jack, Your looking particularly well, Loui when didn't you look well"!?

Loui, "When I got home late after a card game at Jack's, Edna gave me a serve that is still ringing in my ears".

Jack Dyer, "Well Lou your ears are big enough looks like you've gone ten rounds with Maha, MAAARHU, MARHAMUD OH BUGGER IT I'll just call him Cassius Clay"!

Bob, (Laughing like a Hyena), "Ok you two that'll do, we got some serious business to attend to attend to tonight"

Lou, "That's right, I gotta tell ya, that word has reached us about a sensational football team that has turned the corner, who are playing Ringer Ding Ding Footy and its not the team that we know"!

Jack, "Give us a Hint, it aint the Demons is it"??

Bob, Well you know Loui, I've been saying it for a long time now, This Max Gawn led team is playing very accomplished Football". "Hey Jack can you spell accomplished"?

Jack, "Accomplished?? They never taught us that at Richmond tech, But I'll say this that Simon Goodwin has taken a team of very good , ordinary footballers and turned them into superstars"!

Bob, "Well just before we get onto the team Loui has got a recipe for us , What is it tonight Lou"?

Lou, "Edna's great friend put me onto this its called Quiche"

Jack, "Quiche??? Sounds like Egg and Bacon Pie to me"

Lou, "The only pie like Jack is a Fourntwenty"!

Jack, "Oi"

Ive heard from the Demonland correspondent Picket Fence who has filled this report before tommorrow nights game and here it is Jack better put your reading glasses on!

Stuck in the Middle with You

Stealers Wheel

Well I don't know why I came here tonight.
I've got the feeling that something ain't right.
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs.

Clowns to the left of me!
Jokers to the right!
Here I am stuck in the middle with you.

Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you,
And I'm wondering what it is I should do.
It's so hard to keep this smile from my face.
Losing control and running all over the place.

DOGGIES to the left of me!
CARLTANKERS to the right!

When you started off with nothing
And you're proud that your a self-made man.
Ooooo-ooo-oooh
And your friends they all come crawling,
Slap you on the back and say
Please . . .
Please . . .

Trying to make some sense of it all
But I see it makes no sense at all.
Is it cool to go to sleep on the floor?
I don't think that I can take anymore.

Jokers to the right!

When you started off with nothing
And you're proud that your a self-made man.
Ooooo-ooo-oooh
And your friends they all come crawling,
Slap you on the back and say
Please . . .
Please . . .

Well I don't know why I came here tonight.
I've got the feeling that something ain't right.
I'm so scared in case I fall off my chair,
And I'm wondering how I'll get down the stairs.

Jokers to the right!
Her I am stuck in the middle with you.
Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you . . .
Yes I'm stuck in the middle with you . .

ALELUIA, FINALLY some great music was being played during this mornings Captains Run before the game vs Carltank tomorrow night, Stuck in the middle was top of the list , but closely followed by Hotel California, Boys of Summer, Living on a prayer, and other "Classic' Rock tunes.

NO SHOWS, INJURIES

Steven May did some but not all drills and ran some fast laps but didn't look in discomfort or injured. From last Week Weeds was a no show which means he probably would not play tomorrow night.

SKILLS , DRILLS AND MANOUVERS.

Light session focusing on finesse and precision was the order of this sparkling training session today. probably went for about 1.5 hours

DRILL 1 3/4 Ground ball movement emphasizing running to space creating the loose man and overlaps, this session was non contact based on what I saw which would be normal for a day before session I would imagine. Only token gesture harassments from coaches was seen

DRILL 2 Goalkicking from every conceivable position Gawd there were some "Freakish" goals kicked which were made to look like "Bread and Butter" hopefully we can still kick the ones which are "Bread and Butter"!

DRILL 3 A  Short handball Drill B Centre Clearance work with midfield rotations C Short kicks to presented player options

OBSERVATIONS PLAYER PERSONEL 

Jack Viney, Fritta,Jake Lever are all FIT and should play! Clarry NO issues with his dislocated finger of last week, Interesting that Oscar Baker and Jayden Hunt all trained indicating that they may form part of an extended bench, no other out of left field players were seen. It appears that Kossy might play more midfield minutes given he was doing some of the Mid field rotations Training.

FINAL THOUGHTS Given the intensity of training over the last weeks I cannot see Carltank getting anywhere near us tomorrow. It seems that Goody will go with a "Full Strength" team which prepares us magnificently for the fist Game vs Dishlickers. I like the fact that, to get a game you must keep up standards and maintain an intensity which rewards with game time, a innate knowledge that if you play to the game plan expected that you will be rewarded handsomely and emphatically by winning games, being part of something greater than self and  understanding that consistency buys greatness!

PF

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, picket fence said:

NO SHOWS, INJURIES

Steven May did some but not all drills and ran some fast laps but didn't look in discomfort or injured. From last Week Weeds was a no show which means he probably would not play tomorrow night.

I suggest May may have some tightness in his hammy and will absolutely be nursed through until round 1. No reason to risk him when we have so many guys fighting it out for that last backline spot. Assume Salem trained fully?

Was Harry Petty there?

Wonder if Weed is in Covid iso. He couldn't have got injured playing 9 minutes last week, surely. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Wonder if Weed is in Covid iso. He couldn't have got injured playing 9 minutes last week, surely. 

The reserves are playing v Carlton pregame on Thursday so I assume he’d be training with that group and playing a full game 

• Like 1

Have to imagine he'll be an emergency off the extended bench rather than be part of the 22 but I'm still a bit intrigued by Baker. Glad he's at least around the mark. If he's down the pecking order in terms of getting games on the wing I wouldn't mind seeing him used on the flanks at Casey. Got to keep an open mind towards team changes and how we could adapt and encourage fringe players this year.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

Have to imagine he'll be an emergency off the extended bench rather than be part of the 22 but I'm still a bit intrigued by Baker. Glad he's at least around the mark. If he's down the pecking order in terms of getting games on the wing I wouldn't mind seeing him used on the flanks at Casey. Got to keep an open mind towards team changes and how we could adapt and encourage fringe players this year.

He's been training down back all summer.

Half back will be his new role.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

He's been training down back all summer.

Half back will be his new role.

If he couldn’t crack a game on the wing where the competition in the side extends to a grand total of two players, how the hell will he crack a game at half back when there are about 27 players vying for a spot in defense? 
I can’t see him making it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

What about Hibbo, he pulled up early against North.

I cannot confirm Hibbo, I didn't notice him out there! Also no sign of Harry Petty

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

If he couldn’t crack a game on the wing where the competition in the side extends to a grand total of two players, how the hell will he crack a game at half back when there are about 27 players vying for a spot in defense? 

From the grand final last year Hunt is next in line at half back, then it’s untried kids I guess. Yes there’s options with Petty and Smith and a different make up but we’ll always have 2 and often 3 back flankers.

JJ is next in line for a wing.

So he’s not next man up in either role. Might as well give him a different look at it. Given he’s never been an endurance freak and more of a burst speed guy half back suits that more. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

From the grand final last year Hunt is next in line at half back, then it’s untried kids I guess. Yes there’s options with Petty and Smith and a different make up but we’ll always have 2 and often 3 back flankers.

JJ is next in line for a wing.

So he’s not next man up in either role. Might as well give him a different look at it. Given he’s never been an endurance freak and more of a burst speed guy half back suits that more. 

You can only fit 6 down back. 
May, Lever, Salem and one of Petty/Tomlinson is a lock. 
Then you have two spaces to fill with Hunt, Bowey, Smith, Hibbo and Rivers. And that’s just players who we know can play their roll and do it well. It doesn’t take into account the kids who will push their case at Casey. It also doesn’t take into account that we may choose to play both Petty and Tomlinson in the same side, have May play on a medium and free Lever up even more to be third man up. I certainly see this happening depending on the opposition. 
Baker is going to have to show some serious improvement in his decision making and prove he’s capable of playing a defensive role before he gets a regular game ahead of any of the above mentioned guys IMO. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

You can only fit 6 down back. 
May, Lever, Salem and one of Petty/Tomlinson is a lock. 
Then you have two spaces to fill with Hunt, Bowey, Smith, Hibbo and Rivers. And that’s just players who we know can play their roll and do it well. It doesn’t take into account the kids who will push their case at Casey. It also doesn’t take into account that we may choose to play both Petty and Tomlinson in the same side, have May play on a medium and free Lever up even more to be third man up. I certainly see this happening depending on the opposition. 
Baker is going to have to show some serious improvement in his decision making and prove he’s capable of playing a defensive role before he gets a regular game ahead of any of the above mentioned guys IMO. 

It’s a back 7. And 5 of them are now out injured. Baker may well get his chance 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

It’s a back 7. And 5 of them are now out injured. Baker may well get his chance 

2 of them are injured. 3 are sore and would have played if this was a proper game. Of course injuries happen and he may get his chance. But it’s a long way down the back for him. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

2 of them are injured. 3 are sore and would have played if this was a proper game. Of course injuries happen and he may get his chance. But it’s a long way down the back for him. 

Exactly ! Why risk anyone when we have a wealth of ready players just Itching for a chance! I love the fact that Jayden Hunt is back in the side🤩

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

I'm still shocked we gave him another year. 

He's a list clogger.

Edited by dazzledavey36
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1