POSTGAME: Rd 19 vs Western Bulldogs

Demonland

9 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Some insight into Beveridge's tactics can be gleaned from this:  every-club-s-cbas-and-kick-ins-for-r19

• Libba attended only 58% of CBA's - the rest of his game time was fwd.  Impact on us is less chance to tag him as his CBA's were unpredictable.
  • Schache looked like he 'shadowed' Jackson (until Keath went off), coming on and off the ground, rucking and resting at the same time.  
  • It looks like Bailey Smith took up Libba's CBA's and they swapped roles.
  • We kept our CBA's static with Harmes, Petracca, Oliver all attending 77% of CBA's.  Viney was the main cover with 62%.

I read somewhere that Hibbo had the job of picking up Bontepelli when he went fwd.  If correct not sure that worked too well.  Couldn't tell if someone or who guarded him at CBA's.  Not sure that anyone picked up Libba when he went fwd.

Without watching the game again, it is hard to tell if we picked up on the above during the game or if our tactics on Libba or Bonte changed.

The simple answer I think was they were both too good for our players LH.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Some insight into Beveridge's tactics can be gleaned from this:  every-club-s-cbas-and-kick-ins-for-r19

• Libba attended only 58% of CBA's - the rest of his game time was fwd.  Impact on us is less chance to tag him as his CBA's were unpredictable.
  • Schache looked like he 'shadowed' Jackson (until Keath went off), coming on and off the ground, rucking and resting at the same time.  
  • It looks like Bailey Smith took up Libba's CBA's and they swapped roles.
  • We kept our CBA's static with Harmes, Petracca, Oliver all attending 77% of CBA's.  Viney was the main cover with 62%.

I read somewhere that Hibbo had the job of picking up Bontepelli when he went fwd.  If correct not sure that worked too well.  Couldn't tell if someone or who guarded him at CBA's.  Not sure that anyone picked up Libba when he went fwd.

Without watching the game again, it is hard to tell if we picked up on the above during the game or if our tactics on Libba or Bonte changed.

All good LH who had responsibility for Daniels was it ANB?

On 7/25/2021 at 8:46 PM, Red But Mostly Blue said:

, beyond, through.

I don't mind if we don't win a flag this year, it was probably an overreach anyway, but I'd love for it not to be a straight sets fizzer (provided as even get that chance), and

Felt the same way.

But after the hawks draw I started thinking that on paper we should have beaten them and the giants. Ok we dropped against pies and crows was bad luck.

But we certainly had it in our reach to finish top four and give anyone a run for their money. Dream run injury wise. So if we cant this year i cant see next year either.

You dont get many chances in afl and i feel now the hawks game was just the last one we have missed. 

Like last year when we switched off two easy games in a row to miss finals we have lost top four and i fear we will lose interstate.

I guess there is still a glummer of hope but it seems smaller and smaller each round.

I wish the club as well as the players would just stop talking at times like this and win lose or draw just play footy.

Nothing but an absolute belting of gc will suffice.

Nothing.

Its at the point now where i feel clubs are excited to play us.

Tmac has gone missing at the wrong time and was a huge part of our  early record.

Kozzie was the same.

Luke Jackson needs to be dropped but i dont think weid is a replacement.

Spargo needs to get his hands on the ball.

Vineys nothing like he used to be and we seem better without him.

Rivers....see Tmac.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Felt the same way.

But after the hawks draw I started thinking that on paper we should have beaten them and the giants. Ok we dropped against pies and crows was bad luck.

But we certainly had it in our reach to finish top four and give anyone a run for their money. Dream run injury wise. So if we cant this year i cant see next year either.

You dont get many chances in afl and i feel now the hawks game was just the last one we have missed. 

Like last year when we switched off two easy games in a row to miss finals we have lost top four and i fear we will lose interstate.

I guess there is still a glummer of hope but it seems smaller and smaller each round.

I wish the club as well as the players would just stop talking at times like this and win lose or draw just play footy.

Nothing.

Tmac has gone missing at the wrong time and was a huge part of our  early record.

Kozzie was the same.

Rivers....see Tmac.

glummer of hope"  hahhhhahaaa thats exactly what we have left and describes how I feel

Great visual hope you meant it hahhahahahahaha

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Have we ? last time I checked we were 3rd, 2 points clear of 4th and 6 pts clear of 5th

Our destiny is still very much in our own hands - if that want it bad enough top 4 is still very achievable 

I'm not convinced we are the real deal - YET - hopefully our coaches and players can prove me wrong 

• Love 1

20 hours ago, defuture15 said:

I have a feeling that BBB is going to kick 15 goals in the next 3 weeks. I think it is about to come together for us

Well, it's about time but is it likely? We need team changes and at least half a game of footy to attempt to make it gel across the board. Strike power, mongrel, hunger, free running two-way, overlaps - just like earlier in the season. 

4 hours ago, Sydee said:

Have we ? last time I checked we were 3rd, 2 points clear of 4th and 6 pts clear of 5th

Our destiny is still very much in our own hands - if that want it bad enough top 4 is still very achievable 

I'm not convinced we are the real deal - YET - hopefully our coaches and players can prove me wrong 

Numbing time of the year. The dreams are there, the reality of the recent past matches has not been encouraging. Yet, in so many of our recent losses, we were very close and a possible win was a frequent expectation but the 'run' of goodies could not be sustained.

Destiny is in our own hands - for once, let's get there!

12 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Felt the same way.

Nothing.

Kozzie was the same.

Rivers....see Tmac.

You're right. We haven't achieved consistency yet (nobody ever asked which Geelong/Hawthorn or Richmond was going to turn up - we need to get to that), so other teams know there always a chance against us if they apply pressure. 

Interesting few weeks ahead. A lot on the line with the double chance, fair few guys down on form, not much time to mix with the composition of the team (a downside to having such a dream run with injuries), so not a great deal of time to get it right!

Gold Coast is crucial. Needs to be a win, for starters, but a convincing one, too. Not just as a message to other teams, but more so for the boys to rediscover form/confidence.

We can do it!

• Like 1