Fersguson should be tried at CHF

Yze_Magic

Miller is useless, Dunn is injured, Garland is young, Newton is god knows what

Ferguson went forward against Freo at Subi a couple of years back and kicked 2 or 3 goals from nice marks off the lead

We know he is a courageous, we know he can take a contested grab, we know his skills are up to scratch. And we know he is very tall.

Fair dinkum, this bloke should be in the best 22, and planted firmly at CHF. Would he have dropped those marks that Miller did? No

At worst, Fergie will give you a solid contest. he is a great reader of the playand a smart footballer

At the moment we have guy who runs around like a headless chook

Disagree wholeheartedly!

Ferguson doesn't have the speed or smarts to play CHF. Miller leads to the right spots, which is a good start. If they kicked the ball onto his chest, he might get more than 1 or 2 marks a game.

I like Ferguson and I appriciate his courage, but he is no CHF.

I think Miller should be given 5 weeks to play CHF, and there should be some benchmarks set for him around marks, goals, work rate, etc... At the end of the guaranteed 5 weeks, I think we will have an idea as to whether he's worth pursuing or not. By offering him 5 weeks without the chance of being dropped, he may gain confidence. If he fails, I say we should try Dunn, Fergy, whatever, but Miller will have had his go, and he should have to do something exceptional to re-gain his place.

I think Miller should be given 5 weeks to play CHF, and there should be some benchmarks set for him around marks, goals, work rate, etc... At the end of the guaranteed 5 weeks, I think we will have an idea as to whether he's worth pursuing or not. By offering him 5 weeks without the chance of being dropped, he may gain confidence. If he fails, I say we should try Dunn, Fergy, whatever, but Miller will have had his go, and he should have to do something exceptional to re-gain his place.

Miller has been given an opportunity at CHF in some 50 games. If he'd been on a performance-based contract he'd have been out the door a long time ago. I'm all for trying the Ferguson Experiment.

Disagree wholeheartedly!

Ferguson doesn't have the speed or smarts to play CHF. Miller leads to the right spots, which is a good start. If they kicked the ball onto his chest, he might get more than 1 or 2 marks a game.

I like Ferguson and I appriciate his courage, but he is no CHF.

Agree. Ferg has courage and is tall and is a borderline backman.

Jaded, isn't that the crux of Miller's problem..."If they kicked the ball onto his chest, he might get more than 1 or 2 marks a game." If he does not get uncontested chest marks in no mans land he just cant win the pill. What use is that of a CHF?

Frankly I would prefer to move Neitz to CHF and play Robbo FF.

I think Miller should be given 5 weeks to play CHF, and there should be some benchmarks set for him around marks, goals, work rate, etc...

That sounds like an idea. I'm going to do that. But to be honest, I think the results might be misleading. Let's say in rounds 2-6 he takes 3 soft marks a game, and then in round 7 he takes 15 in a BOG performance. He's then averaged 5 marks a game, and with that suddenly looks ok. It's the same old thing in the end, we know he can play great games, it's how he plays them, and how he plays when there's no room for him that's the problem. He'll star at subi, and the SCG, but everywhere else?

Frankly I would prefer to move Neitz to CHF and play Robbo FF.

If only. Neitz always has been and always will be a CHF. IMO we just can't rely on him at his age to do enough there. Also, take him out of the fifty and we lose a great FF and have to find a new one of those...

2 questions RR. Robbo won a B&F (albeit in a bad year) at CHF. What about playing him there? Can we do enough with such a small player at CHF in the modern game? Is he still good enough?

Also (you're gonna love this), what about if Neitz plays up the ground, Robbo takes the square and we give someone a couple of weeks in that pocket? Most people will say Dunn/PJ/Jamar/White etc etc. What about Newton? He's listed, and he's shown something on a few occassions. We looked very uninspired there on the weekend, and inspiring X-Factor is one of Juice's strengths.

A fantasy to expect him to be right for it, and for ND to select him, but still... worth a thought?

That sounds like an idea. I'm going to do that. But to be honest, I think the results might be misleading. Let's say in rounds 2-6 he takes 3 soft marks a game, and then in round 7 he takes 15 in a BOG performance. He's then averaged 5 marks a game, and with that suddenly looks ok. It's the same old thing in the end, we know he can play great games, it's how he plays them, and how he plays when there's no room for him that's the problem. He'll star at subi, and the SCG, but everywhere else?

If only. Neitz always has been and always will be a CHF. IMO we just can't rely on him at his age to do enough there. Also, take him out of the fifty and we lose a great FF and have to find a new one of those...

2 questions RR. Robbo won a B&F (albeit in a bad year) at CHF. What about playing him there? Can we do enough with such a small player at CHF in the modern game? Is he still good enough?

Also (you're gonna love this), what about if Neitz plays up the ground, Robbo takes the square and we give someone a couple of weeks in that pocket? Most people will say Dunn/PJ/Jamar/White etc etc. What about Newton? He's listed, and he's shown something on a few occassions. We looked very uninspired there on the weekend, and inspiring X-Factor is one of Juice's strengths.

A fantasy to expect him to be right for it, and for ND to select him, but still... worth a thought?

DD,

He did that in 2003 when we had no one else to play there. He was the only not the best option.Robbo's selection in the paper on the HFF is a misnomer. Robbo for years has played as a FF/FP within the F50. At his best he is mercurial and a hard match up. At his worst he is a lazy liability up forward that does not work hard enough for the ball. The difference between the two is a marginal level of effort from Robbo. Its a short drop off in effort between RObbo's hot and cold. Ands that the rub with him. He cannot rely on taking screamers all the time or just kicking goals flat on his back. The game is changing and Robbo has to work hard., very hard to on both offensive and defensive sides of his game. If he was to play HFF/CHF he has to be capable of running hard for long periods of the game. I think it challenges him. At the end of last year he was struggled to hold his spot. He lost the leadership role in recognition of that.

I would only play Dunn in the FP if he is fit and in form. PJ cant mark. White has not got a clue up forward and cant play body on body. A sin for a forward. Newton is too young and needs to develop. I find the use of the X-factor an easy to justify a punt.

The X factor we missed on Friday was the attitude and commitment of the players. Newton could do diddly squat about that.

No matter who plays CHF no one will do well untill the half backs and midfielders start honouring there leads. friday night was a perfect example of this after lead after lead got ignored in favor of handballing it to someone in traffic. on firday it was not the personal, but the game plan, that saw us lose by 30 odd points.

START HONORING MILLERS LEADS