Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Coronavirus & Other Sports

Demonland

37 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Hey i am overseas, travelling around

it is a huge overreaction 

But Hopefully it will cull a large chunk of the uneducated swill

I’m in Taiwan and I disagree entirely with your “huge overreaction” comment. Do you really think people literally dropping in the streets in Iran is a huge overreaction. Or the number of deaths in Italy, or the numbers that have died in Wuhan and surrounds?

Taiwan is thus far managing to contain this virus exceptionally well considering their proximity to a number of badly hit countries, but that is due to their diligence at all levels... informative reporting and regular public service announcements providing advice for managing the situation on TV, restaurants and stores providing hand sanitiser and taking temperatures before admitting you, cheap access to surgical masks done according to your national health card’s digit (odd or even), etc etc.  I fear for the US with their version of Zig and Zag (Trump and Pence) running the show. It’s only a matter of time before their case numbers go through the roof.

And as for your closing comment... simply abhorrent!

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, hardtack said:

I’m in Taiwan and I disagree entirely with your “huge overreaction” comment. Do you really think people literally dropping in the streets in Iran is a huge overreaction. Or the number of deaths in Italy, or the numbers that have died in Wuhan and surrounds?

Taiwan is thus far managing to contain this virus exceptionally well considering their proximity to a number of badly hit countries, but that is due to their diligence at all levels... informative reporting and regular public service announcements providing advice for managing the situation on TV, restaurants and stores providing hand sanitiser and taking temperatures before admitting you, cheap access to surgical masks done according to your national health card’s digit (odd or even), etc etc.  I fear for the US with their version of Zig and Zag (Trump and Pence) running the show. It’s only a matter of time before their case numbers go through the roof.

And as for your closing comment... simply abhorrent!

The old and sick are dying

Children are basically unaffected 

the World Population is too high

Cull the Human Race 

Fantastic....

11old people have died in the USA so far

They can do so much better than that...

What about all the dumbarse Australian’s panic buying Bog rolls

How pathetic is that... 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Cull the Human Race 

Fantastic....

How pathetic is that... 

so you've changed goal posts from the "uneducated swill" to the "old and sick". or are you saying they are the same?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Cull the Human Race 

Fantastic....

How pathetic is that... 

Yeah, let's cull the disabled as well....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

so you've changed goal posts from the "uneducated swill" to the "old and sick". or are you saying they are the same?

best to ignore him and just hope he doesn't mean it.  If he does, I may have to take up a religion which believes in hell and punishment in the afterlife. 

Also with his inimitable grasp of logic, he should realise it's not much point in killing off the old (unless your aim is to destroy the membership base of the MFC). It's the young who are the population problem long term.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Accepting Mediocrity said:

True. But novel viruses are notoriously unpredictable - major pandemics that have killed millions of people have occurred several times throughout human history. It would be the height of naivety to assume that it couldn't happen again. Coronavirus may or may not be the next one - but at this point, the best available medical advice seems to be that it very much has the potential. It may very well eventuate to nothing - but I think that dismissing the virus as a non-event is just as foolish as mindless panic (not suggesting that you are Jaded, but many people are very quick to downplay it).  PS congrats on the wedding.

I’m definitely not taking it lightly and am cautious within reason. Would I travel to China now? No. Would I stock pile 1000 toilet paper rolls? Also no. 

People need to exercise caution and understand that even if they do contract it, the chances of them dying from the disease is very very low. Especially if they are young and healthy and have access to medical care like we do in Australia. 

All this virus has done is show us the extremely ugly and selfish society we live in. Where the poor, the isolated, the ill and disadvantaged are struggling to gain access to basic necessities, because Bob and Karen have stockpiled for doomsday. 
God help us if something really serious ever went down in our country. 

Edit- it’s not even just the disadvantaged either. I had an operation 5 weeks ago. Yesterday I had to go to 3 different chemists to find Neurofen. Something I actually need, that all these absolute morons have taken for themselves with no good reason. Lucky I have the means to travel around to find what I need. 

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, demonstone said:

Have you been drinking, SWYL?

Not your best work and you may want to delete some of those horrid comments.

It is a massive Media Overreaction

They love it, keeps them busy for weeks even months. 
All these Face Masks that are being sold are completely useless 

Buy shares in Face Masks now

GLOVES are the way to avoid this Flu Strain, but that is not widely circulated 

7 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Please explain why you think Gloves are so useful?

The masks are useful, and serve two important purposes, neither of which is stopping people breathing the virus in.

Firstly, if you have the virus but don't know it, it reduces how much virus you spread into your surrounds.

If you don't have the virus, masks helps prevent people from touching their face with their possibly contaminated hands.  That's how the virus gets in. 

Just now, S_T said:

Please explain why you think Gloves are so useful?

The masks are useful, and serve two important purposes, neither of which is stopping people breathing the virus in.

Firstly, if you have the virus but don't know it, it reduces how much virus you spread into your surrounds.

If you don't have the virus, masks helps prevent people from touching their face with their possibly contaminated hands.  That's how the virus gets in. 

I have been told by 2 different Doctors that Masks are a complete waste of time and that washing hands for 20 seconds or longer at regular  intervals is the safest methods

gloves will do a lot more than a mask

I believe fully Qualified Doctors a lot more than i do the Media Reports

CNN have been banging on daily for the last 6 weeks, but they never mention Gloves...

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Boy that's a good conspiracy theory!  Secret illuminati stocking up of gloves but deceiving the riff raff to buy masks. 

When I have my gloves on I must remember to not touch my face till I take them off. More impeccable logic from SWYL.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Gloves?????  That is laughable! The face masks (surgical variety) should be worn by the infected as they help stop the virus spreading via saliva particles. For the rest of us, N95 masks are recommended, but not absolutely necessary) as a precaution. This advice is spread by medical experts, NOT the media!  Whether you wear gloves or not, if you are touching your face around the mouth, nose or eyes, then you are risking catching the virus... it makes no difference if it’s come into contact with gloves or bare hands.

As for hand sanitiser, as much as it gives comfort, the best way to reduce risks is by scrubbing well with good old soap and water for 20 seconds... far more effective.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have been told by 2 different Doctors that Masks are a complete waste of time and that washing hands for 20 seconds or longer at regular  intervals is the safest methods

gloves will do a lot more than a mask

I believe fully Qualified Doctors a lot more than i do the Media Reports

CNN have been banging on daily for the last 6 weeks, but they never mention Gloves...

Gloves are useless if you keep touching your face and mouth.

2 minutes ago, S_T said:

Gloves are useless if you keep touching your face and mouth.

Who said i was touching my face and mouth???

It is a bad Flu Strain that is yet to have a cure.
The Chinese could have sorted this out much earlier, but they told the original Whistle Blower to Shut up and Go back to Work

1 hour ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Cull the Human Race 

Fantastic....

How pathetic is that... 

I agree on the toilet paper situation (which is not restricted to Australia by the way). However, the US situation is a big unknown. That 11 deaths will grow rapidly and there’s also a very good chance that due to the restrictive costs of treatment there, the real figures will not be known for a long time.  So many will not report and will try to get better at home (or at work) with no formal treatment.

The other issue is that influenzas have vaccines available and are largely treatable... a vaccine for this is most novel coronavirus is unlikely to be certified for 12 months, and that is a best case scenario (such vaccines usually take twice that time). With no vaccine and with no real knowledge of what this virus is capable of, who knows how this will pan out?

And you seemed to overlook the comments re Iran and Italy (and I guess, S Korea)... you think that is a normal situation in those countries?

Anyway, I’m sure your local medicos are far better informed and armed with knowledge than those pissants reporting to the WHO.

Edited by hardtack
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The Chinese could have sorted this out much earlier, but they told the original Whistle Blower to Shut up and Go back to Work

Perhaps you could give us a lecture on virology and show us that flu=covid 19.  Symptoms may be similar but they are different.  Glad you are not in charge of developing a vaccine.

As for China, I doubt they'd be the only country to poo-poo someone saying the wolf may be at the door.   Sounds like they initially took the same attitude as you!

But their response subsequently was praised by the WHO report, though they'd be riots here if any govt tried to impose the same measures.  We get carried away by toilet paper.

forgot to add re your first sentence.  You were caught out on your stupidity about gloves, so rather than say 'oh yeah, missed that', you suddenly are the only person on the planet who never touches his face.  Tut tut.

Edited by sue

7 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Gloves?????  That is laughable! The face masks (surgical variety) Should be worn by the infected as they help stop the virus spreading via saliva particles. For the rest of us, N95 masks are recommended, but not absolutely necessary) as a precaution. This advice is spread by medical experts, NOT the media!  Whether you wear gloves or not, if you are touching your face around the mouth, nose or eyes, then you are risking catching the virus... it makes no difference if it’s come into contact with gloves or bare hands.

As for hand sanitiser, as much as it gives comfort, the best way to reduce risks is by scrubbing well with good old soap and water for 20 seconds... far more effective.

You can spend loads of Hard Earned on Face Masks if you want, but i have been told by multiple sources that it is a complete waste of time. 
i have been in Asia for 6 weeks so far and have not worn a mask once

I wash my hands every couple of hours in hot soapy water

The Media are blowing this right out of proportion. Flu Strains take out people every year. 

Anti Biotics are nowhere near as effective as they once were, situations change. Science is always being challenged 

6 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2020/mar/04/can-wearing-gloves-like-the-queen-help-protect-you-against-the-coronavirus

2 minutes ago, hardtack said:

I agree on the toilet paper situation (which is not restricted to Australia by the way). However, the US situation is a big unknown. That 11 deaths will grow rapidly and there’s also a very good chance that due to the restrictive costs of treatment there, the real figures will not be known for a long time.  So many will not report and will try to get better at home (or at work) with no formal treatment.

The other issue is that influenzas have vaccines available and are largely treatable... a vaccine for this is most novel coronavirus is unlikely to be certified for 12 months, and that is a best case scenario (such vaccines usually take twice that time). With no vaccine and with no real knowledge of what this virus is capable of, who knows how this will pan out?

And you seemed to overlook the comments re Iran and Italy (and I guess, S Korea)... you think that is a normal situation in those countries?

Anyway, I’m sure your local medicos are far better informed and armed with knowledge than those pissants reporting to the WHO.

It seems to take out people at Religous Gatherings 

Says a lot 

• Like 1