Training Ground?

Romey

16 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

It has been stated earlier that the MCC is prepared to put substantial money into this. For the life of me I don’t know why

Two factors may include the reciprocal arrangement the MCC have with the Melb Racing Club based at Caulfield, plus us being listed as an MCC sporting section (I'm [censored] if i know what that actually means). Maybe they see a cash injection as getting influence into the planned development, possibly securing some spaces or facilities that could be utilised by MCC members on race days...?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demon Disciple said:

What’s wrong with Seinfeld

Funnily enough I am hooked on it and I have gone right off the AFL. 😁

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

It has been stated earlier that the MCC is prepared to put substantial money into this. For the life of me I don’t know why

It's an interesting question. I have read that they provide $1mill a year to MFC as an MCC sports section. As we know the MFC Admin is housed in the MCC I'm guessing at heavily subsidised rent. The MFC also have access to some corporate boxes. No idea what that deal is. I have no idea why the MCC do all of this. Surely not just because the MFC is called a sporting section of the MCC but maybe. Does anyone have any idea. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

Theres so much thats fantastic about this, and most of it has been said. 

i appreciated the difficulties in completing feasibility and would hope that appropriate submissions to reach that conclusion will allow the business plan phase to be easily and quickly proceeded with to achieve the completion of our much needed facility.

I also hope that every resource of the club membership is now asked by the board to contribute and does so. I would anticipate that much of this contribution will be outside the considerations of the feasibility study.

The board do need to act quickly on their project as delay will merely increase costs and promote redundancy.

• Like 2

A trip to Caulfield would be much more attractive to potential recruits than the long haul to Casey.

My niece was involved in negotiations re new CBA deal as an AFLW captain - Cats have a distinct advantage due to limited travel. In their last flag year they trained less hours per week than other teams. Largely due to not having to sit in cars for extended times to get to and from training.

Edited by TassieDevil
typos
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

this is such a nothing article...it starts off with as 'doubts about mfc and caulfield' then dovetails into petracca and oliver...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/doubt-over-melbourne-fcs-ambitious-100m-caulfield-plan/news-story/b83805aecaa41ff7d9f20995604f2c4c

Melbourne Football Club’s plans to move to Caulfield racecourse have hit a hurdle, with the racing club looking to protect the “interests of racing”.

The ambitious plan to move the football club from its Casey fields training base has been hailed as a signature of CEO Gary Pert’s tenure at the Demons.

The new training and administration buildings, two football ovals and a multi-use sporting field were expected to cost up to $100 million.

But there are now questions being raised about the plans, with the Melbourne Racing Club in turmoil in recent weeks following the departure of chief executive Josh Blanksby and chair Matt Cain.

It’s understood that Melbourne’s plans to use the inside of Caulfield racecourse, including a pavilion, have not been signed off by the new MRC board, which was taken over by rebel challenger John Kanga.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

this is such a nothing article...it starts off with as 'doubts about mfc and caulfield' then dovetails into petracca and oliver...

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/doubt-over-melbourne-fcs-ambitious-100m-caulfield-plan/news-story/b83805aecaa41ff7d9f20995604f2c4c

Melbourne Football Club’s plans to move to Caulfield racecourse have hit a hurdle, with the racing club looking to protect the “interests of racing”.

The ambitious plan to move the football club from its Casey fields training base has been hailed as a signature of CEO Gary Pert’s tenure at the Demons.

The new training and administration buildings, two football ovals and a multi-use sporting field were expected to cost up to $100 million.

But there are now questions being raised about the plans, with the Melbourne Racing Club in turmoil in recent weeks following the departure of chief executive Josh Blanksby and chair Matt Cain.

It’s understood that Melbourne’s plans to use the inside of Caulfield racecourse, including a pavilion, have not been signed off by the new MRC board, which was taken over by rebel challenger John Kanga.

Waste of reading time 

• Like 2

17.25 min mark. John Kanga talks about being a tenant and not having oversight yet but expecting to meet Pert soon. l am absolutely reading between the lines and assume mrc have strong concerns about it but don't think they have a seat at the table as its crown land

https://omny.fm/shows/racin-pulse-with-michael-felgate/new-mrc-chairman-john-kanga-tackles-key-topics

Edited by Demons1858
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I expect to see the Home Base being built at Caulfield Racecourse to be the number #1 priority on the next Strategic Plan for the Melbourne Football Club.

Hopefully, the newest Strategic Plan will be presented at the next Melbourne Football Club AGM.

Last week I asked the club when is the date for the AGM. Answer there isn't one yet. Likely to be mid December. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, old dee said:

Last week I asked the club when is the date for the AGM. Answer there isn't one yet. Likely to be mid December. 

Me also last week.

Their quick response was that the clubs financial year ends 31 October.  Thus accounts need to be finalised, audited etc. So likely to be early 2025, as usual. They don't have a date pencilled in as yet.

But I did suggest a fan forum this year as they did after the 2019 season.  It was very illuminating and useful for the fans to have a Q and A  that year.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Supreme_Demon said:

I expect to see the Home Base being built at Caulfield Racecourse to be the number #1 priority on the next Strategic Plan for the Melbourne Football Club.

Hopefully, the newest Strategic Plan will be presented at the next Melbourne Football Club AGM.

what happened to the last strategic plan?

• Thinking 1

33 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Me also last week.

Their quick response was that the clubs financial year ends 31 October.  Thus accounts need to be finalised, audited etc. So likely to be early 2025, as usual. They don't have a date pencilled in as yet.

But I did suggest a fan forum this year as they did after the 2019 season.  It was very illuminating and useful for the fans to have a Q and A  that year.

I wouldn't hold your breath. Too many problematic questions would be made.

• Like 1

On 08/10/2024 at 23:33, Demons1858 said:

17.25 min mark. John Kanga talks about being a tenant and not having oversight yet but expecting to meet Pert soon. l am absolutely reading between the lines and assume mrc have strong concerns about it but don't think they have a seat at the table as its crown land

https://omny.fm/shows/racin-pulse-with-michael-felgate/new-mrc-chairman-john-kanga-tackles-key-topics

fyi;  MRC Chairman stated that the cost for building the MFC facilities is estimated at $100 million.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, old dee said:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Too many problematic questions would be made.

Can't have an Agm without audited accounts. 8 weeks to Christmas.  Was always going to be 2025.

But the forum is something if the club is smart it will see that. Not holding MY breath on that one!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demon17 said:

Can't have an Agm without audited accounts. 8 weeks to Christmas.  Was always going to be 2025.

But the forum is something if the club is smart it will see that. Not holding MY breath on that one!

I was talking about a fan forum. Not the AGM

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Fritta and Turner said:

fyi;  MRC Chairman stated that the cost for building the MFC facilities is estimated at $100 million.

Amazing construction effort if true. Out that way $100m will only buy you about 15 houses.

• Haha 2

On 24/09/2024 at 11:57, Its Time for Another said:

It's an interesting question. I have read that they provide $1mill a year to MFC as an MCC sports section. As we know the MFC Admin is housed in the MCC I'm guessing at heavily subsidised rent. The MFC also have access to some corporate boxes. No idea what that deal is. I have no idea why the MCC do all of this. Surely not just because the MFC is called a sporting section of the MCC but maybe. Does anyone have any idea. 

Not sure on the size of the grant, but the grants come from the MCC Foundation and are rolled over each year.

I've posted this before but we could be valuing the MCC relationship more than we do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adam The God said:

Not sure on the size of the grant, but the grants come from the MCC Foundation and are rolled over each year.

I've posted this before but we could be valuing the MCC relationship more than we do.

What do you have in mind when you say "..we could be valuing the MCC relationship more than we do."  

As an MCC/MFC member I get virtually nothing of value for my Premium membership. I assume that's not what you're talking about but it is a bit of an issue. Basically MCC members taking out the duel MFC membership are doing it as a donation. It's a bit of a long term as to expect this to keep happening without providing anything of meaningful value back.

I assume you mean something about utilising or recognising the MCC connection more directly. Interested on your thoughts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Its Time for Another said:

What do you have in mind when you say "..we could be valuing the MCC relationship more than we do."  

As an MCC/MFC member I get virtually nothing of value for my Premium membership. I assume that's not what you're talking about but it is a bit of an issue. Basically MCC members taking out the duel MFC membership are doing it as a donation. It's a bit of a long term as to expect this to keep happening without providing anything of meaningful value back.

I assume you mean something about utilising or recognising the MCC connection more directly. Interested on your thoughts.

I'm the same. I'm a MFC/MCC member and treat my dual membership as a donation to the club.

Some of our commercial team don't value it, is what I was getting at.

• Like 2