Sign in to follow this  
Macca

Monkey Business

19 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ok, my appolgies....i got snowed under at work...give me a tic.

So very Melbourne Wadda!

Next thing we'll be the butt of jokes if you keep talking like that.  Oh hang on ...

• Haha 2

Weekend Monkey:

English Championship Bristol City v Leeds United- Monday 01:30 Leeds Win $2.30

Hungarian Formula 1 11.12pm Most team points Mercedes 2.00

MLB Monday 6.10am  LA Dodgers vs San Diego Padres LA Dodgers Win -1.5  $2.30

For the true believers 10.50 to 1 ! Good luck T.E.A.M.

......and go Aussies in the cricket!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Macca said:

So very Melbourne Wadda!

Next thing we'll be the butt of jokes if you keep talking like that.  Oh hang on ...

Yes your right Macca, i need to watch what i say! :)

Ive had the flu, so im not on top of my game atm.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes your right Macca, i need to watch what i say! :)

Ive had the flu, so im not on top of my game atm.

Went close but missed by 'that' much!

Needed a 3 run homer but got a 2 run double instead.  Still,  I picked up a baseball multi last week on the back of the opposite occuring.  You win some,  you lose some.

What happened in the F1's?  I checked online with 20 laps to go with Bottas down in 11th.  Thought we might have been out early.

Get well soon too Wadda ... the flu going around is bad news.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Macca said:

Went close but missed by 'that' much!

Needed a 3 run homer but got a 2 run double instead.  Still,  I picked up a baseball multi last week on the back of the opposite occuring.  You win some,  you lose some.

What happened in the F1's?  I checked online with 20 laps to go with Bottas down in 11th.  Thought we might have been out early.

Get well soon too Wadda ... the flu going around is bad news.

Thanks Macca, its quite nasty. I even had the flu shot....so will be putting in for a refund !

Well the F1 was quite interesting. Verstappen got his long overdue first pole. He led the entire race with Hamilton stalking him. Bottas in the other Mercedes, crashed into LeClerc on lap 1 and damaged his front wing and went to last but worked his way back into 8th by the end. The Mercedes took a risk and pit stopped with 10 laps to go and went from being 0.5 sec behind, to 13 sec behind, but with fresh tires was rapidly closing the gap. Then with 4 laps to go Verstappens tyres gave out and he couldnt control the car on the corners. He tried to defend, but Hamilton got him with 2 laps to go. In the end it was very close Ferrari 27pts, Red Bull 28 & Mercedes 29.

Last week we had Vettal for the fastest lap which he set twice in the last 10 laps.....then on the last lap Verstappen nailed it. This is the first year they get the extra point for fastest lap. Which might get interesting as the Championship is getting closer with the rise of Verstappen, something the sport has been crying out for since the dominance of Mercedes over the last 4 years. Its looking like he is the heir apparent. Hamilton is 35 in January and Verstappen 22. His father Jos was the only ever Dutch F1 driver. The orange crew go quite mad when he races. They have their own little company in Limburg South Holland called Verstappen Racing. I wrote them a letter once when i was over there in 2014 asking for a job painting cars (which i have done in my lifetime). To my surprise, they wrote back !! They were very polite and suggested i go to formula 3 and work my way up! I still have the letter.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Thanks Macca, its quite nasty. I even had the flu shot....so will be putting in for a refund !

Well the F1 was quite interesting. Verstappen got his long overdue first pole. He led the entire race with Hamilton stalking him. Bottas in the other Mercedes, crashed into LeClerc on lap 1 and damaged his front wing and went to last but worked his way back into 8th by the end. The Mercedes took a risk and pit stopped with 10 laps to go and went from being 0.5 sec behind, to 13 sec behind, but with fresh tires was rapidly closing the gap. Then with 4 laps to go Verstappens tyres gave out and he couldnt control the car on the corners. He tried to defend, but Hamilton got him with 2 laps to go. In the end it was very close Ferrari 27pts, Red Bull 28 & Mercedes 29.

Last week we had Vettal for the fastest lap which he set twice in the last 10 laps.....then on the last lap Verstappen nailed it. This is the first year they get the extra point for fastest lap. Which might get interesting as the Championship is getting closer with the rise of Verstappen, something the sport has been crying out for since the dominance of Mercedes over the last 4 years. Its looking like he is the heir apparent. Hamilton is 35 in January and Verstappen 22. His father Jos was the only ever Dutch F1 driver. The orange crew go quite mad when he races. They have their own little company in Limburg South Holland called Verstappen Racing. I wrote them a letter once when i was over there in 2014 asking for a job painting cars (which i have done in my lifetime). To my surprise, they wrote back !! They were very polite and suggested i go to formula 3 and work my way up! I still have the letter.

2 out of 3 ain't bad if you or anyone else had taken the first 2 legs. 

And once again my first choice (Houston Rockets)  wasn't listed by Laddies (or anywhere else for that matter)  Houston duly saluted by 2 runs.

The bookies know that multi punters use 'bankers' so what better way to foil the punters by simply not listing a banker.  Happens too many times for it to be a coincidence Wadda.

The bookies know what they're doing!

For instance:  just lately the England bookmakers have stopped multi punters in having multi runners with Dettori on board.  And apparently that was all the bookies.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Weekend Special

Monday 06.10am  LA Dodgers vs Arizona

LA Dodgers Win (-1.5) $1.95

• Like 2

Weekend Goodie

Netherlands Eredivisie Monday at 00:45

FC Utrecht v FC Zwolle

Utrecht Win & Over 2.5 match goals. $2.00

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Macca said:

Weekend Special

Monday 06.10am  LA Dodgers vs Arizona

LA Dodgers Win (-1.5) $1.95

3 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Weekend Goodie

Netherlands Eredivisie Monday at 00:45

FC Utrecht v FC Zwolle

Utrecht Win & Over 2.5 match goals. $2.00

Over to you @Wadda We Sing for the clincher!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Macca said:

Over to you @Wadda We Sing for the clincher!

Yep, here i am...better late than never!

Weekend Monkey:

EPL 11.00pm Leicester City v Wolverhampton Leicester win $2.30

• Like 2

Monkey Business:

EPL 11.00pm Leicester City v Wolverhampton Leicester win $2.30

Netherlands Eredivisie Monday at 00:45  FC Utrecht v FC Zwolle Utrecht Win & Over 2.5 match goals. $2.00

Monday 06.10am  LA Dodgers vs Arizona  LA Dodgers Win (-1.5) $1.95

Monkey See Monkey Do:   9/1    Good luck Team MB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll be having a few 3 picks with the English league's later on.

Haven't had a good look yet but I like to pluck out 3 winners using the +2.5 goals match score across the 4 leagues (Premier league,  Championship,  League 1 & League 2)

Any tips here would be appreciated!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Macca said:

I'll be having a few 3 picks with the English league's later on.

Haven't had a good look yet but I like to pluck out 3 winners using the +2.5 goals match score across the 4 leagues (Premier league,  Championship,  League 1 & League 2)

Any tips here would be appreciated!

Same here Macca. I have my weekly over 2.5 goals 3 game multi across all English leagues. Midnight is a really good time for me to kick back and watch a game or two. Haven’t decided on all games yet, will be including the Luton v West Brom game for overs. Not sure about the winner though.

Hopefully I can last until the Spurs game starts.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Same here Macca. I have my weekly over 2.5 goals 3 game multi across all English leagues. Midnight is a really good time for me to kick back and watch a game or two. Haven’t decided on all games yet, will be including the Luton v West Brom game for overs. Not sure about the winner though.

Yeah I've settled on a couple of bankers in Man City & Liverpool and have worked my trebles around 1 or both of those teams.  Lincoln City in league 1 are a standout chance as well. 

Tottenham are highly likely to score and we know Man City's scoring ability.  And I can see Liverpool scoring at least 2 goals in their match at Southampton.

In the MLB the Yankees with Sabathia on the mound could prevail DZ.  Quite fancy the Atlanta Braves at good odds too. Both are up against good teams but both are at home. 

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dee Zephyr said:

And your Spurs took it right up to City too DZ!

It's just a pity that Man City not winning put me out of my multi's.  Reckon a match score (only) of +3.5 goals was a better option but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing hey?

Annoying when everything else salutes and the sure thing doesn't.  Still,  that's more of an observation than a whinge - I fully expect the sure thing in sports betting to lose (unless it doesn't) 🙄

Might have some better luck with our joint multi tonight

How did you go last night?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Macca said:

And your Spurs took it right up to City too DZ!

It's just a pity that Man City not winning put me out of my multi's.  Reckon a match score (only) of +3.5 goals was a better option but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing hey?

Annoying when everything else salutes and the sure thing doesn't.  Still,  that's more of an observation than a whinge - I fully expect the sure thing in sports betting to lose (unless it doesn't) 🙄

Might have some better luck with our joint multi tonight

How did you go last night?

Happy with the draw Macca, you can count yourself unlucky though. VAR to Spurs’ rescue again late in time added on. Technically the handball was there imo, it’s just incidents like that were missed or let go pre VAR. Observe away mate, I get annoyed too sometimes with the all the factors that bring on some unfortunate luck.

I thought Miss Iano was home with about 100 to go, would have been a nice collect, didn’t do the place multi which made me double curse for a bit. That’s the game though.

No good last night, the Luton leg was the only one I got right out of 3 and while I’m here....

Monday Best

EPL Monday at 01:30

Chelsea v Leicester 

Chelsea Win and Over 2.5 Match Goals  $2.60

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Monday Best

EPL Monday at 01:30

Chelsea v Leicester 

Chelsea Win and Over 2.5 Match Goals  $2.60

Weekend Special

Primeira Liga (Portugal) Monday 06.00am

Sporting Lisbon vs Braga

Sporting Lisbon Win and Over 2.5 Match Goals $3.40

Over to you @Wadda We Sing for the final installment!

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Dee Zephyr said:

Happy with the draw Macca, you can count yourself unlucky though. VAR to Spurs’ rescue again late in time added on. Technically the handball was there imo, it’s just incidents like that were missed or let go pre VAR. Observe away mate, I get annoyed too sometimes with the all the factors that bring on some unfortunate luck.

I thought Miss Iano was home with about 100 to go, would have been a nice collect, didn’t do the place multi which made me double curse for a bit. That’s the game though.

No good last night, the Luton leg was the only one I got right out of 3

Yep ... and it should always be remembered that when one wins that luck factor works in our favour.  In horse racing a nose often separates a significant win as opposed to a loss and in sports betting the same sorts of factors apply.

We can apply all the science to it but you still need luck.  It's why I reckon identifying a value pick to be included is a good way of going about it.  That way if you do win,  you win a bit.  As previously stated,  just finding the 1 choice each should pay off in the long run.  We often get 2 of the 3 up so there's a pointer!

And as individuals we can add-on (or subtract) as we see fit. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Macca said:

Weekend Special

Primeira Liga (Portugal) Monday 06.00am

Sporting Lisbon vs Braga

Sporting Lisbon Win and Over 2.5 Match Goals $3.40

Over to you @Wadda We Sing for the final installment!

Ok Macca....did you watch the cricket last night? Was one of the most amazing days play ever. Im tempted to go with the Aussies as a BB, but the forecast says 20% chance of rain....even losing 10 overs would be bad. I think Smith may exact some revenge on the Poms, i fear they have woken the sleeping giant.

Best Bet

Sunday 11.00pm Italia Serie A Fiorentina v SSC Napoli Napoli (w) 1.75

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

Weekend Monkey:

Sunday 11.00pm Italia Serie A Fiorentina v SSC Napoli  Napoli (w) 1.75

EPL Monday at 01:30 Chelsea v Leicester  Chelsea Win and Over 2.5 Match Goals  $2.60

Primeira Liga (Portugal) Monday 06.00am Sporting Lisbon vs Braga  Sporting Lisbon Win and Over 2.5 Match Goals $3.40

There you have it folks the games in order of play  15/1  approx Good luck team!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Ok Macca....did you watch the cricket last night? Was one of the most amazing days play ever. Im tempted to go with the Aussies as a BB, but the forecast says 20% chance of rain....even losing 10 overs would be bad. I think Smith may exact some revenge on the Poms, i fear they have woken the sleeping giant.

Best Bet

Sunday 11.00pm Italia Serie A Fiorentina v SSC Napoli Napoli (w) 1.75

I favour a draw in the cricket (1.70) but you never know Wadda.  That would be my multi choice if I went down that path but I could never bet against Australia losing.  There are other events to bet on.

And I watched Smith closely against Archer and he looked quite uncomfortable.  But that doesn't mean he won't be able to overcome Archer.  Getting struck around the neck area will shake him up a bit.  The other batsmen need to stand up around him.

It is just a big step up in terms of facing someone bowling at 96mph.  He needs to get used to it so they'll do the simulation training (or they should do)

And the Poms will zero in with Archer ... like any other sport,  you're always looking for an edge (no pun intended)  It's all about the X's & O's.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Macca said:

I favour a draw in the cricket (1.70) but you never know Wadda.  That would be my multi choice if I went down that path but I could never bet against Australia losing.  There are other events to bet on.

And I watched Smith closely against Archer and he looked quite uncomfortable.  But that doesn't mean he won't be able to overcome Archer.  Getting struck around the neck area will shake him up a bit.  The other batsmen need to stand up around him.

It is just a big step up in terms of facing someone bowling at 96mph.  He needs to get used to it so they'll do the simulation training (or they should do)

And the Poms will zero in with Archer ... like any other sport,  you're always looking for an edge (no pun intended)  It's all about the X's & O's.

Yes the draw is looking likely, then again England could collapse with some good bowling this morning....they gave that many chances last night, it was unbelievable. As for Warner dropping 3 catches....They lost the last 3 overs due to rain. England win is not out of the question if they could get 200 in front and unleash a barrage. We could collapse in 2 sessions. Smith is the difference. Hes playing a different game to everybody else. That blow to the neck was terrifying. You immediately thought of Hughes, as it was the exact same spot and he was dry reaching as he fell. They didnt even replay it, until they knew Smith was ok. As for the Poms booing him when he came back out. That was just unbelievable and Lords would be very upset with that and so they should be. An utter disgrace. 

Come on Aussie, come on come on.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Yes the draw is looking likely, then again England could collapse with some good bowling this morning....they gave that many chances last night, it was unbelievable. As for Warner dropping 3 catches....They lost the last 3 overs due to rain. England win is not out of the question if they could get 200 in front and unleash a barrage. We could collapse in 2 sessions. Smith is the difference. Hes playing a different game to everybody else. That blow to the neck was terrifying. You immediately thought of Hughes, as it was the exact same spot and he was dry reaching as he fell. They didnt even replay it, until they knew Smith was ok. As for the Poms booing him when he came back out. That was just unbelievable and Lords would be very upset with that and so they should be. An utter disgrace. 

Come on Aussie, come on come on.

The Aussie crowds would be booing Joe Root if he oversaw a situation where sandpaper was taken on to the field.  I don't believe that Smith ever knew the exact details but if you're in charge,  you're culpable (in many situations)

Warner on the other hand does fully deserve to cop it (forever?)  I am not surprised that he's struggling with the bat and in the field.  The us against them thing only really works under normal circumstances. 

I doubt Warner would have many on his side.  Do his teammates trust him?  Cricket is a sport played by individuals as a collective.  In the end,  a player is on his own.

Edited by Macca
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Macca said:

The Aussie crowds would be booing Joe Root if he oversaw a situation where sandpaper was taken on to the field.  I don't believe that Smith ever knew the exact details but if you're in charge,  you're culpable (in many situations)

Warner on the other hand does fully deserve to cop it (forever?)  I am not surprised that he's struggling with the bat and in the field.  The us against them thing only really works under normal circumstances. 

I doubt Warner would have many on his side.  Do his teammates trust him?  Cricket is a sport played by individuals as a collective.  In the end,  a player is on his own.

Smith didnt deserve to be booed after a life threatening injury?.....its a completely different situation. He shouldnt have taken any further part in the game, let along be back batting an hour later. That is just shear courage and under no circumstances deserves to be booed. He is a true Australian champion. I dont think Australian crowds would continue to boo somebody after they have been seriously injured? Its just not Australian. But [censored] will be [censored] i agree on that. Its simply pack mentality. As for Archer smiling, he needs to grow up.

Lets see how Smith answers them tonight.

Probably should continue discussion in the cricket thread! :)

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Smith didnt deserve to be booed after a life threatening injury?.....its a completely different situation. He shouldnt have taken any further part in the game, let along be back batting an hour later. That is just shear courage and under no circumstances deserves to be booed. He is a true Australian champion. I dont think Australian crowds would continue to boo somebody after they have been seriously injured? Its just not Australian. But [censored] will be [censored] i agree on that. Its simply pack mentality. As for Archer smiling, he needs to grow up.

Lets see how Smith answers them tonight.

Probably should continue discussion in the cricket thread! :)

Good point Wadda ... my previous reply related to the 'general' booing.  So you are correct,  all things considered the booing was crass and unnecessary. 

But how do you stop it? ... the pack.mentaliity rules at sporting events.  Even in 'polite' England.  Mind you,  the soccer crowds leave a lot to be desired and the balmy army are a crass lot as well. 

• Like 2