Pay Equality

junk

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

The AFL gave away the TV rights for zip for 2 years!  Yes, zip!  Channel 7 is getting record viewing audiences - at times well above AFL games and is making squillions from advertisers.  The AFL and AFLW get not one brass razoo!  Not even from the Grand Final!!

If the AFL are dumb enough to do that, it is no reason why the players should wear the cost.  I'm not suggesting equal pay or anything like it, just noting that the AFL have played this badly. 

Giving away the TV rights for free was a brilliant idea. The VRC wish they did that with racing decades ago.

I do think the AFL should have negotiated to get more games on tv though for the free access.

The AFLW has been a massive success. The players will rightfully be paid more in the future as the game proves it can sustain an audience.

I'm very critical of the AFL on most things but they seem to have got the AFLW right. Every other womens sport in the country is in awe.

On Saturday, March 18, 2017 at 2:53 PM, Lucifer's Hero said:

2. And from a demons viewpoint.  I just love seeing the NAB ads during games which feature Daisy and kids (a little boy in a supermarket and a little girl who kicks a goal) that are decked out in Melbourne gear.  I reckon a lot more kids will be going to their school 'wear your footy jumper day' in the red and blue.  Many will have #6 on the back and I doubt it will be for Lewis.  

My daughter will be wearing number 6 on her jumper this year.

She has just turned 3 and loves Daisy. When we walk around the city she points her out on posters or walls and shouts with excitement if she comes on a tv advertisement.

Make no mistake Daisy is a marketing weapon for Melbourne and a role model for a generation of young girls who love footy.

• Like 4