Hamish Hartlett

Whispering_Jack

21 minutes ago, ManDee said:

How do we know fact from fiction? Certainly the media are guilty of making things up. How do you know that some posters aren't posting facts?

Rule of thumb: if you're posting on an undocumented personal issue and you're not sure if it's fact or fiction, treat that as a big fat red flag.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, stuie said:

Well firstly, the post started with "the rumour was"....

Based on..

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-leaders-travis-boak-and-hamish-hartlett-hammer-ridiculous-rumours-of-rift/news-story/c9ca6d3198e88ae7900aca73079970a7

A TONGUE-IN-CHEEK joke at a sponsors’ function by Port Adelaide vice-captain Hamish Hartlett that his former girlfriend “might have got around (Travis) Boak” has led to a series of damaging and false rumours about their relationship as teammates — and mates, they say.

“It’s become ridiculous,” Boak, who is Port’s captain, told The Advertiser on Monday.

The Power leadership pair dismissed claims they are at odds — and have split the team base — since Hartlett said he had amicably ended his relationship with Lauren Jones, while Boak has also recently ended his relationship with his own girlfriend, Renee Barendregt.

Boak said: “There are now about five or six different stories about us — and none is right.”

Hartlett added: “Each week, almost every day, it is, ‘Have you heard the latest’. It has become laughable how this has developed into something that is not right. It began as a throwaway line — but it is now beyond a joke.”

Boak, 27, is believed to have split with Ms Barendregt just before the AFL season started.
The former couple, who started dating in 2012 before taking a break, had reconciled in 2014.

Port captain Travis Boak with ex-partner Renee Barendregt on the red carpet for the 2015 AFL Brownlow Medal presentation.

Neither Boak nor Hartlett wanted to comment on their private lives or ex-partners in the media.

Hartlett, 25, traces the unsavoury commentary on his relationship with Boak to a “tongue-in-cheek” remark he made at a players’ sponsors function this month when he played the audience for a laugh.

“At that stage, my partner and I had a very civil breakup of our relationship,” Hartlett said.

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Yeah, so a rumour.... Get it yet?

You are so combative.

Stuie, many a true word is said in jest. Hartlett said Boak may have been around his girlfriend. He then retracted it. Both Boak and Hartlett broke up with their partners soon after. Hartlett is now on the market, read between the lines or not, but something is fishy don't you agree. And for the record I place no blame on any of the parties if something did happen, that is life.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ManDee said:

You are so combative.

Stuie, many a true word is said in jest. Hartlett said Boak may have been around his girlfriend. He then retracted it. Both Boak and Hartlett broke up with their partners soon after. Hartlett is now on the market, read between the lines or not, but something is fishy don't you agree. And for the record I place no blame on any of the parties if something did happen, that is life.  

You really don't understand the whole "no rumours" thing do you?

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

You really don't understand the whole "no rumours" thing do you?

I quoted a newspaper article. You I believe misquoted Nasher. 

3 minutes ago, ManDee said:

Surely not serious...

You've now posted about rumours at least twice after a mod said no more rumours.

Joisus.

Edited by stuie

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Rule of thumb: if you're posting on an undocumented personal issue and you're not sure if it's fact or fiction, treat that as a big fat red flag.

Based on..

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/teams/port-adelaide/port-leaders-travis-boak-and-hamish-hartlett-hammer-ridiculous-rumours-of-rift/news-story/c9ca6d3198e88ae7900aca73079970a7

A document.   Get it? 

Edit:- Not directed at Nasher

Edited by ManDee

10 minutes ago, ManDee said:

7 minutes ago, stuie said:

Surely not serious...

You've now posted about rumours at least twice after a mod said no more rumours.

Joisus.

I thought the newspaper article was worth quoting 'stuie', seemed to clear the whole thing up as being something said in jest (by Hartlett) that got out of control.

3 minutes ago, rjay said:

I thought the newspaper article was worth quoting 'stuie', seemed to clear the whole thing up as being something said in jest (by Hartlett) that got out of control.

The whole point was we were going to get back to talking about footy wasn't it? Not the personal lives of players?

Did you miss this post?

25 minutes ago, ManDee said:

You are so combative.

On 6 September 2016 at 9:07 AM, DubDee said:

what ridiculous wages!!

sounds like he held them to ransom last year, signed on for 5 years and played a terrible year.  

Stay well clear Dees

Any club that gets him will only take part of that wage I would guess. 

So he would be a good pick up

I go away, then I come back, and nothing changes. I wonder about the wit writ here, I think it a bit far k. 

Please resume the medication, I shall get back under my rock, alas poor yorick...

10 hours ago, Mach5 said:

Fantastic kick.

Not sure he wins a lot of his own ball though.

His clearances, tackles and contested numbers are pretty good.  He's an outside finisher but he's not soft.  He's exactly what we need IMO. In this thread across the course of one injury restricted year he's gone from gun worth pick 6 to "who cares"

For all Ross and Clarko say "one soldier goes down another comes in" role playing, I still think there is a big element of synergy between players that develops over the years.  I think everyone is excited about Max, Clayton and Jesse, but IMO something is missing in that equation at the moment.  I think Hartlett provides the missing link and would really complement the inside work that Oliver is going to produce.  Max tap, Oliver handball to Hartlett, 70m gained to Jesse 1:1.

I want to win a flag.  We've had 10 shocking years and people pine for the good old Daniher  days when we made finals - we did that 12 years out of 20 prior to our recent trough but we were never really flag challengers at any time.  I think we have the makings now but need to take the right list management steps.  2019-20 is the time to bring in 30+ FA as icing.  Now is the time to build the list components to really challenge then.  We've taken piscks 2, 3, 4 and 9 in the past 2 years, now is the time to invest in mature talent that fits our needs.  Bernie will probably be finished and Hartlett will be 28-29 in those years and have played in our system for 3 years.  I couldn't care less now about Wells, Dal Santo, Thompson or Mitch White, they won't figure in an MFC flag, but Hartlett could.

Edited by Fifty-5
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, Mach5 said:

I think he'd be exactly what we need if he had some more pace.

Yeah, Isaac Smith might become available next year if the Hawks start to tumble down the ladder and look to rebuild.  Sidebottom too, but maybe he's too slow also?

• Like 1

HH is seriously a very good player. Would love to get him (pending medical with Richmond's doctor). My problem is what we would have to give up to get him. Next year's first rounder plus a good player would be close. Been a few years since we traded our first rounder for a mature player, mostly it's been for very young players or we've used the pick. Tyson/Salem, Clarry, Weid. Our list is so young that we can afford to trade a first rounder for experience and class.

And Stuie stop taking the lord's name in vain.

1 hour ago, Fifty-5 said:

Yeah, Isaac Smith might become available next year if the Hawks start to tumble down the ladder and look to rebuild.  Sidebottom too, but maybe he's too slow also?

It's not that they're bad players and wouldn't contribute, but to have a pacy player like Isaac Smith or Polec there would be more damaging for us.

I think Salem already provides what Hartlett would.

I look at Shaun Burgoyne at Hawthorn.  When he was traded he was a similar player, similar age, coming off an injury restricted year at the same club as Hartlett.  Now that he's a champion people struggle to remember that he was inconsistent, injured, unfulfilled potential at Port.  I'm not saying Hartlett could reach the same heights, Burgoyne is a legend now, but that's the style of input he can offer.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fifty-5 said:

I look at Shaun Burgoyne at Hawthorn.  When he was traded he was a similar player, similar age, coming off an injury restricted year at the same club as Hartlett.  Now that he's a champion people struggle to remember that he was inconsistent, injured, unfulfilled potential at Port.  I'm not saying Hartlett could reach the same heights, Burgoyne is a legend now, but that's the style of input he can offer.

Burgoyne had also won a flag at Port. Hartlett has had his leadership questioned and been a part of an inconsistent Port Adelaide for 2 years.