Dees vs Dogs - Cragieburn Parking Fine

Hi guys,

Just received a parking fine from Hulme Council for parking on a nature strip. Considering how chokkas the ground and surrounding streets were, I'm pretty annoyed. Clearly the council were rubbing their hands together at the prospect of all the parking fines they'd collect. 

Anyone else get stung?

Ha! Good luck!

I recently got a parking fine for parking on a nature strip because construction workers building a nearby supermarket had taken the very few remaining actual spaces.

I escalated it with the council (Casey) and they said basically since I did park there, I have to pay the fine. Unavailability of legitimate parking, even in extraordinary circumstances, isn't good enough.

To make matters worse, now that the supermarket is open, the council sent us a map of the new parking zones and my boss got a fine for parking in the unrestricted zone. The parking officer made a mistake and thought it was a 2 hour zone. My boss will try to escalate it but she's not hopeful.

That is exactly why St. Kilda loves it's Festival each year. 

Parking fine revenue!!

asswipes walk through Elwood streets like an Ant Colony scanning and photographing

would make the council a fortune!!

some council CEO's get over $600,000 per annum

What a junket...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Choke said:

Ha! Good luck!

I recently got a parking fine for parking on a nature strip because construction workers building a nearby supermarket had taken the very few remaining actual spaces.

I escalated it with the council (Casey) and they said basically since I did park there, I have to pay the fine. Unavailability of legitimate parking, even in extraordinary circumstances, isn't good enough.

To make matters worse, now that the supermarket is open, the council sent us a map of the new parking zones and my boss got a fine for parking in the unrestricted zone. The parking officer made a mistake and thought it was a 2 hour zone. My boss will try to escalate it but she's not hopeful.

I guess that rules out any chance of me getting this wavered.

I got to the game at 2:25pm (remember because we were running late) and the fine says "approx infringement time 2:20pm" The bastard must have been hiding behind a tree as I parked. 

8 minutes ago, NotOnMeth said:

I guess that rules out any chance of me getting this wavered.

I got to the game at 2:25pm (remember because we were running late) and the fine says "approx infringement time 2:20pm" The bastard must have been hiding behind a tree as I parked. 

Yeah they don't give a [censored].

1 hour ago, Choke said:

Yeah they don't give a [censored].

fight it!!! it has to be accurate If you can prove you were somewhere else at 2.25pm, even if still om the way then you were not at the place when it states & so should be null & void.

I fought a parking fine on my own in the city courts a few years back.  said a car reversed into mine pushing mine back 7 feet. & so half out of the parking box. 

The parking officer helped (I had to move my car) telling me privately, "the the MelbourneCityCouncil were worse them them", ('glen eira'). 

I won. 

15 hours ago, dee-luded said:

fight it!!! it has to be accurate If you can prove you were somewhere else at 2.25pm, even if still om the way then you were not at the place when it states & so should be null & void.

I fought a parking fine on my own in the city courts a few years back.  said a car reversed into mine pushing mine back 7 feet. & so half out of the parking box. 

The parking officer helped (I had to move my car) telling me privately, "the the MelbourneCityCouncil were worse them them", ('glen eira'). 

I won. 

Not sure there's any way I can prove it to be honest. Just gonna have to grin and bear it. Is it possible to pay the basards in 5c pieces?

5 hours ago, NotOnMeth said:

Not sure there's any way I can prove it to be honest. Just gonna have to grin and bear it. Is it possible to pay the basards in 5c pieces?

all you need is someone who was waiting for you, saw you turn up at 2:25pm... that'll do it. & remember that its the federal pollies cuts that cause these grey ghosts to be made nasty.  since around the Kennett/Stockdale  timeframe,  the econo-nomics took over the world & people fell out of favour.

its time for the wheel to come around,  to where people matter,  not taxes & wealth.   Tax should not be a dirty word for the greedy,  they should learn to love that 'word',  & feel proud they are financially contributing to a better society's services,  for all.

team community.

I copped a fine for parking in a "truck zone" on chapel st at 6:30 am a couple of weeks ago.

1) it didn't look any different to the other parking that begins being timed at 9am

2) why are there parking inspectors working before 9am on chapel st when that is when the parking begins being timed, unless, they are deliberately trying to raise revenue off people making an honest mistake. I could have parked 20m away there was plenty of parking available at that time.