Paul Roos on Footy Classified

dees189227

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the articles.

Roos was too good for her on FC.

So JR you are not familiar with Caro's work during our famous "tanking" saga.

Her daily personal attacks on both CC & CS??

I suggest you find some of these examples.

Caro goes way harder than most. Pat Smith can be the same. Sometimes it is worthy. But many times it is just plain vicious and nasty.

She deserves the odd good hard wack

• Like 2

Like I said, I'm not familiar with the articles.

Roos was too good for her on FC.

Jumbo...I'm not sure how anyone can reconcile your position to the notion you aren't familiar with the articles in question ( or some thereof ).

Im not sure ( like others ) if ever a skerrick of thought as to her gender was given when reviewing this journalists nature in quasi character assasination. Often she is only refered to as "she" because she simply is a she. Its effectively irrelevant to what many think of the writers consistency

So JR you are not familiar with Caro's work during our famous "tanking" saga.

Her daily personal attacks on both CC & CS??

I suggest you find some of these examples.

Caro goes way harder than most. Pat Smith can be the same. Sometimes it is worthy. But many times it is just plain vicious and nasty.

She deserves the odd good hard wack

Jumbo...I'm not sure how anyone can reconcile your position to the notion you aren't familiar with the articles in question ( or some thereof ).

Im not sure ( like others ) if ever a skerrick of thought as to her gender was given when reviewing this journalists nature in quasi character assasination. Often she is only refered to as "she" because she simply is a she. Its effectively irrelevant to what many think of the writers consistency

I didn't like the commentary around what sort of offspring she'd produce and the way she spoke - so I said something, rather than sit back and guffaw at some puerile, locker room mysogyny.

I didn't like the commentary around what sort of offspring she'd produce and the way she spoke - so I said something, rather than sit back and guffaw at some puerile, locker room mysogyny.

The nature of ones offspring...or speech arent actually criteria for misogyny JR.. I get your gist but foundationally Id debate your context.

Some might be scathing and call her names but thats not much different form her modus operandi and has nothing to do with a loathing or hatred of a particular gender....Id think its about 99% aimed at he lack of consistency bordering on hypocrisy.

We here on Demonland go with the Nick Naylor school of PR when it comes to Caro. We (the MFC) were wrong but she was wrong too so this somehow vindicates us in the moral purity stakes.
She was spot on about tanking and the negative impact it had on our club. It did ruin young careers (Cale Morton or Jordie Gysberts anyone with Jack Watts to be put in the maybe pile?) and caused a rift as wide as Moses parting the Red Sea amongst our playing group and admin.
However, she took things way too personally when the club returned fire. Of course there was precedent with Carlton and there was a possibility with the investigation being compromised by Clothier and co. bullying witnesses but she seemed to discount anything that went against her agenda of whack the MFC with as big a stick as possible. She needed to be taken with a grain of salt there but it didn't discredit everything she had written up until that point.
Caro has done some good work. She exposed Carlton as the bucket shop organization it was in the early 2000's as well don't forget. It's just when she gets a belly full of fire that she sometimes can take her eyes of the prize and devolve into sniping.

The nature of ones offspring...or speech arent actually criteria for misogyny JR.. I get your gist but foundationally Id debate your context.

Some might be scathing and call her names but thats not much different form her modus operandi and has nothing to do with a loathing or hatred of a particular gender....Id think its about 99% aimed at he lack of consistency bordering on hypocrisy.

Thanks BB, but it's still not appropriate. Her articles, her insidious agenda, deserve scrutiny....but keep the debate solely on that level of cognisance rather than resorting to what was posted on here.

FCS, jumbo, of course people have been misogynistic against Wilson.

But not in this thread, and not for a while on this board - that offspring joke was puerile and also aimed against Barrett with equal weight - it was hardly misogynistic.

To not criticise her, or give her the benefit of any doubt over and above what we give to Barrett and Hutchinson, is sexist in-and-of-itself.

Thanks BB, but it's still not appropriate. Her articles, her insidious agenda, deserve scrutiny....but keep the debate solely on that level of cognisance rather than resorting to what was posted on here.

It's funny jumbo that you don't get on your soapbox when Robbo is labelled a fat slob or Barrett a pimply faced dweeb. From what I can see it is you who is turning this into a gender issue moreso than anyone else.

That's wrong too, P-man.

Well I haven't ever witnessed you taking offense to the degree that you have in this instance. Perhaps you have if you say you have.

Regardless, the accusations of misogyny are unfounded in terms of what's been written in this thread.

It's funny jumbo that you don't get on your soapbox when Robbo is labelled a fat slob or Barrett a pimply faced dweeb. From what I can see it is you who is turning this into a gender issue moreso than anyone else.

I think he just enjoys using the word 'misogynist' as much as possible.

I think he just enjoys using the word 'misogynist' as much as possible.

More so when he gets his goat up about something, he just won't let it lie (see: Paul Roos disparaging Mark Neeld during the pre-season)

what i love about all the footy journos in this town is that they all think they know everything, and then when something truly momentous happens - buddy to sydney, peptides scandal, lyon defecting to freo - they have NO IDEA whatsoever.

i'm convinced a vast majority get their rumour and innuendo straight from message boards such as demonland.

We should start a thread with a fake story and see which journos pick it up.

Many years ago, the old Herald newspaper here in Melbourne used to publish the results of a country league every week which included a story along with actual scores. Except the whole league was a fake created by the anonymous writer (who went on the be a Judge in the Victorian County Court). The Herald always believed the scores and the stories to be true.

Not sure about the gender agenda ( sorry I plagiarized that term) because I reckon Caro has one [censored]. In the same way, I reckon Robbo has no testicles. Can't account for the missing [censored] though.

I'm astounded that the auto-censor now censors the word "brain", which is what I assume is meant to be the second-last word in BBO's post.