Don McLardy on SEN

Wormburner

I have no problem at all with Don Mclardy still being part of the Demon family.

I am sure he is still assisting Glen Bartlett when asked.

He is very excited about the future, he said so in the interview.

Glad he has your approval WYL.

Do I, or anyone else for that matter, have your approval to be part of the Demon family?

It's a joke how personal people take things.

Glad he has your approval WYL.

Do I, or anyone else for that matter, have your approval to be part of the Demon family?

It's a joke how personal people take things.

Any financial contributor has a personal connection to this club.

I don't consider the last 7 years a joke at all.

excuse me?

I could have paid off a large chunk of my housing loan over the last 7 years but i chose to donate $$$ to the club.

So you can keep that sarcasm to yourself.

You're not the only one who gives money they can't afford to give to the failure that has been this club.

And I am not just talking about myself here.

See what I am getting at?

I dont have a problem with supporters or critics of Don. I do have a problem with ugly vitriol ( and the same goes with the bile directed at CS and MN). Whether these guy have a handful of supporters of a plethora of critics I think it should be understood that no one comes into a job with us ( paid or unpaid) with the intention of inflicting damage on our club. Therefore critique away - state that CS or DM werent up to the job - no problem - but put away the abuse ( it probably says more about you than them anyway)

• Like 4

You're not the only one who gives money they can't afford to give to the failure that has been this club.

And I am not just talking about myself here.

See what I am getting at?

no i don't see what you are getting at.

I have never said i am a sole contributor.

But i resent your sarcastic remark above.

You may want to forgive everyone & have tea and cakes with the past, but i see it differently.

Don i am more than happy to welcome back.

This club nearly died whilst members were fed tripe both on field and in print.

I don't like being treated like that.

You may be different.

no i don't see what you are getting at.

I have never said i am a sole contributor.

But i resent your sarcastic remark above.

You may want to forgive everyone & have tea and cakes with the past, but i see it differently.

Don i am more than happy to welcome back.

This club nearly died whilst members were fed tripe both on field and in print.

I don't like being treated like that.

You may be different.

It wasn't sarcasm and I object to you putting your outrage above anyone else's - your Seven Year Winter is mine too, and every supporters and, indeed, the employees and Board members (current and former) of the club.

It wasn't sarcasm and I object to you putting your outrage above anyone else's - your Seven Year Winter is mine too, and every supporters and, indeed, the employees and Board members (current and former) of the club.

Then don't read it ya big softie.

Coming from someone who argued that $cully was an honourable young man daily for 6 months when it was sadly obvious what was going on.

I have never put my outrage above anyone elses.

It just is & thankfully the Clown School has moved on.

• Like 1

I don't know ex president McLardy's sincerest motives but people who put themselves in such a position leave themselves wide open for personal attack and anger when things go horribly wrong.

An irresistible motive for many who take on such positions is the power and prestige. Looks great on a business mans or politicians CV. Not to mention the opportunities for aggrandisement and riches that can follow. Being a supporter of a particular club just makes it easier for them. And they have lots of money so whatever they choose to contribute looks like a fantastic gesture to ordinary plebs. And their egos do not consider the prospect of failure.

Some are also attracted by the warlord syndrome. One upon a time the rich and powerful sponsored their own private armies to curry influence and wield power. Of course these days this cannot be done, hence being the boss of a football club is the modern substitute.

These types are tough nuts and did not become who they are by being fragile and sensitive.

To be successful in business and politics one has to be ruthless, have a high level of immunity to criticism and no pity for those they vanquished on their way to success.Thus just like your least favourite politician they are fair game when they fail.

Edited by america de cali

Don McLardy put a whole heap of his OWN money in to the club, which is more than I can say for some of the crass morons that criticise him.

Mclardy was responsible for Jimmy coming back to the club and without him there probably wouldn't be a club.

It's assholes that never put their hand up, or do anything and never put their own money in, that usually scream the loudest.

Sometimes it's assholes that put a lot of money in that scream the loudest, you backed those fools to the very end.

I don't know ex president McLardy's sincerest motives but people who put themselves in such a position leave themselves wide open for personal attack and anger when things go horribly wrong.

An irresistible motive for many who take on such positions is the power and prestige. Looks great on a business mans or politicians CV. Not to mention the opportunities for aggrandisement and riches that can follow. Being a supporter of a particular club just makes it easier for them. And they have lots of money so whatever they choose to contribute looks like a fantastic gesture to ordinary plebs.

Some are also attracted by the warlord syndrome. One upon a time the rich and powerful sponsored their own private armies to curry influence and wield power. Of course these days this cannot be done, hence being the boss of a football club is the modern substitute.

These types are tough nuts and did not become who they are by being fragile and sensitive.

To be successful in business and politics one has to be ruthless and have a high level of immunity to criticism. Thus just like your least favourite politician they are fair game when they fail.

Except it isn't business and it isn't politics. This whole idea that those who put themselves forward are fair game is sold to us by Tabloid journalists and media barons who shite themselves when the spotlight is put on to them. Try not to buy into insincere hyperbole.

Except it isn't business and it isn't politics. This whole idea that those who put themselves forward are fair game is sold to us by Tabloid journalists and media barons who shite themselves when the spotlight is put on to them. Try not to buy into insincere hyperbole.

Because media barons are just an itsy bit more powerful. A little higher on the pecking order. They are the same but worse. And football is very big business and political just like when the Romans kept the plebs happy with gladiators and feeding Christians to lions. A good way to keep the mobs off the streets.

Edited by america de cali

Because media barons are just an itsy bit more powerful. A little higher on the pecking order. They are the same but worse.

With all due respect, I have no idea what your last post means in relation to your previous post or my response. It may well be just me but this idea that it's ok to have a crack at one of the servants of our club I.e. any old vitriol is at odds with what we, in turn, want to be as a club.

Edited by Return to Glory

Because media barons are just an itsy bit more powerful. A little higher on the pecking order. They are the same but worse. And football is very big business and political like when the Romans keeping the plebs happy with gladiators and feeding Christians to lions. A good way to keep the mobs off the streets.

Yep it's all a power game whichever side of the room you sit.

my god, not only is the glass half full but it is contaminated too

i was hoping lordweaver could find a little uplifting quote to quench the fires of damnation

Sorry DC but I'm feeling a bit flat at the moment, will have a tipple later and fire up.

Because media barons are just an itsy bit more powerful. A little higher on the pecking order. They are the same but worse. And football is very big business and political just like when the Romans kept the plebs happy with gladiators and feeding Christians to lions. A good way to keep the mobs off the streets.

We've seen enough of the Circus but no bread.

Don McLardy put a whole heap of his OWN money in to the club, which is more than I can say for some of the crass morons that criticise him.

Mclardy was responsible for Jimmy coming back to the club and without him there probably wouldn't be a club.

It's assholes that never put their hand up, or do anything and never put their own money in, that usually scream the loudest.

This ^^^ exactly.

Spot on RobbieF.

• Like 1

An irresistible motive for many who take on such positions is the power and prestige. Looks great on a business mans or politicians CV. Not to mention the opportunities for aggrandisement and riches that can follow. Being a supporter of a particular club just makes it easier for them. And they have lots of money so whatever they choose to contribute looks like a fantastic gesture to ordinary plebs. And their egos do not consider the prospect of failure.

To be successful in business and politics one has to be ruthless, have a high level of immunity to criticism and no pity for those they vanquished on their way to success.Thus just like your least favourite politician they are fair game when they fail.

You probably should have stopped there and you would have looked like less like of an idiot.

• Like 1