Colin Garland is the best player at Melboune Football Club

Was double figures for intercept possessions yesterday (12, I think). Reading the play perfectly right now.

Given both teams penchant for kicking to opposition players standing by themselves, this was not too hard.

Having said that, I agree with basically all the above positive comments and add that he obviously has a highly developed sense of humour. All footy clubs need characters and those who are doing badly need them more than others. I was very pleased when he was put in the leadership group.

Demonland is hilarious! Search back to the threads after the West Coast game and read the same people praising him now, bag the proverbial out of him!

Good player though, always boxed above his weight IMO

• Like 1

Demonland is hilarious! Search back to the threads after the West Coast game and read the same people praising him now, bag the proverbial out of him!

Good player though, always boxed above his weight IMO

Yes lets rate our players on their form in just recent games.

Myopic thread of the year this one.

Yes lets rate our players on their form in just recent games.

Myopic thread of the year this one.

He's been awesome since about round 3. He sucked before then. I made mention of it ad nauseum last year and early this year, but his attitude as done a 180 and so has his form.

Col has taken a quantum leap forward in the last couple of months, and is setting the benchmark that we all hope others aspire to and achieve.

Garland has always been a very good player.

He had an OK to average season last year, and has struggled with that foot fracture, an injury that cannot be underestimated (see Trengove, see Grimes, see Clark, see pretty much most of our best players for some horrific reason).

The hate directed at him at the start of the year was and always will be mind boggling.

As usual, those with short term memories, were wrong.

He's taken it up a notch, as any player of his quality should.

Massive kudos to him for just having had enough of the sh!t special served by the club on a weekly basis. At least he, along with Jones, are trying to turn things around, instead of having a sook.

• Like 1

I have always liked CG and thought he had great potential. This year when we have needed him to, he has stepped up. He has shown true leadership, and his game skills have improved a lot. Hopefully he will stick with us and will only get better. A couple more Garlands, a couple more Nate Jones' and things would be looking much better for us.