Just when you thought we may have been implementing cultural change

Gorgoroth

I lived through the 70's, so no need to be concerned for me. And no-one gives me "stick". The only "thing" i get is sympathy.

I am concerned however that many Melbourne supporters have already decided not to attend. You actively advocate supporters who are not happy to take such a stance, which is pathetic, and hardly helpful to the club in its current plight.

Btw, I answered your inane question in the Rocket Eade thread, in case you're interested. You know, the one where you equate Malthouse and Carlton's predicament to Neeld's at Melbourne. It sums up the quality of your contributions and the sharpness of your thinking.

Gee for a minute there I thought Rangey was back.....sympathy is even worse than stick, tell em to shove it.......the membership is still ticking over by the way, I know I was there last night, there was always a difference between member numbers and who turns up for the game........an example - guy last night from the country, his sons play footy weekends so he can only get to a game or two if he is lucky, still renewed to add to membership numbers though......the report of the demise of the Club is exaggerated by a few......... similar sentiment to Don McLardy, he is as sick of the negativity as I am, supporters support the Club no matter what............if you were sharp in your thinking similarly you would have realized that Malthouse remark was facetious....but never mind, next time......Rangey never got the hang of it either....thank you for the frank assessment of my character I will take it on board NOT

I lived through the 70's, so no need to be concerned for me. And no-one gives me "stick". The only "thing" i get is sympathy.

Recent times I only get sympathy, in fact many are dodging the topic with me that is so obvious.

That's embarrassing.

I look forward to being given stick one day now.

• Like 1

Gee for a minute there I thought Rangey was back.....sympathy is even worse than stick, tell em to shove it.......the membership is still ticking over by the way, I know I was there last night, there was always a difference between member numbers and who turns up for the game........an example - guy last night from the country, his sons play footy weekends so he can only get to a game or two if he is lucky, still renewed to add to membership numbers though......the report of the demise of the Club is exaggerated by a few......... similar sentiment to Don McLardy, he is as sick of the negativity as I am, supporters support the Club no matter what............if you were sharp in your thinking similarly you would have realized that Malthouse remark was facetious....but never mind, next time......Rangey never got the hang of it either....thank you for the frank assessment of my character I will take it on board NOT

English thanks.

I am concerned however that many Melbourne supporters have already decided not to attend. You actively advocate supporters who are not happy to take such a stance, which is pathetic, and hardly helpful to the club in its current plight.

Btw, I answered your inane question in the Rocket Eade thread, in case you're interested. You know, the one where you equate Malthouse and Carlton's predicament to Neeld's at Melbourne. It sums up the quality of your contributions and the sharpness of your thinking.

Considering that was your 69th post it is probably appropriate that it "sucked"... I know for a fact that Satyriconhome is actively involved in the club and would be the last person to try to turn support away from the club. What is your involvement?

Not that it will appease anyone, but there is an article on the MFC site disputing the recovery session claims made by Dermott on SEN the other night

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-04-17/recovery-claims-untrue-trengove

MFC official claimed that no Storm players were present @ the time, Trengove said he was @ the session and it was a serious session.

Make of it what you will, but I get the feeling that Dermotts information provided by the Storm boys would have been more a reference to out of session recovery, and doing whatever it takes... rather than just doing the required stuff... and possibly a reference to the fact that our boys were not hurting enough after the loss.

But I can't see this making any difference to peoples views... they either think it's a joke to even think on it... or the clubs a joke.

• Like 1

Recent times I only get sympathy, in fact many are dodging the topic with me that is so obvious.

That's embarrassing.

I look forward to being given stick one day now.

Yep I'm the same as MH. In that I Iived through the 70s. My earliest memories as a supporter was of us being pretty bad. To make it worse most of my family are Carlton supporters. Although I have had the opportunity for a few payback moments lol Just to add Wells moving didn't help damn them. Edited by Strafford

For anyone who might be interested in something to do with the original topic, Trengove has come out saying the claims re the spa bath are rubbish:

"THE CLAIM that Melbourne players were not taking their recovery session seriously following the 94-point loss to West Coast last weekend has been dismissed by Demons co-captain Jack Trengove."

"...a Melbourne official said the Storm players were not present at the recovery session.

Trengove said the claims were completely untrue.

"I was personally there at the recovery session and I saw none of that," Trengove said when fronting the media at AAMI Park on Wednesday morning.
"

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-04-17/recovery-claims-untrue-trengove.workstation

• Like 2

Not that it will appease anyone, but there is an article on the MFC site disputing the recovery session claims made by Dermott on SEN the other night

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/2013-04-17/recovery-claims-untrue-trengove

MFC official claimed that no Storm players were present @ the time, Trengove said he was @ the session and it was a serious session.

Make of it what you will, but I get the feeling that Dermotts information provided by the Storm boys would have been more a reference to out of session recovery, and doing whatever it takes... rather than just doing the required stuff... and possibly a reference to the fact that our boys were not hurting enough after the loss.

But I can't see this making any difference to peoples views... they either think it's a joke to even think on it... or the clubs a joke.

http://youtu.be/J6_1Pw1xm9U

Whether the claims are true or not, I would hope that the Melbourne players would be taking it upon themselves to cross every "T", dot every "i" in doing their bit to see to it that their preparation and recovery are meeting "elite compliance" at the club.

And that the staff/FD are enforcing this "elite compliance" whether or not in the company of other codes sharing the facilities at AAMI Park.

Whether the claims are true or not, I would hope that the Melbourne players would be taking it upon themselves to cross every "T", dot every "i" in doing their bit to see to it that their preparation and recovery are meeting "elite compliance" at the club.

And that the staff/FD are enforcing this "elite compliance" whether or not in the company of other codes sharing the facilities at AAMI Park.

Just to answer your concerns above, had a couple of conversations with the KIwi international rookie, don't want to have an attempt at his name, always get it wrong, he is not a member of the current list but he has been sat down and told 'exactly' what he has to do, (and as noted once before he got an earful from Chris Dawes for not finishing off a trg drill properly).....he is actually really enjoying it, he is in the middle of a full time six week block at the Club, and everybody coaches and players are offering every bit of help/guidance/rules/education they can......and one other point about training methods.........saw him when he first arrived at the Club, kicked like a Kwi, watched him the other day doing kick to kick with one of the Coaches, over about 20-30 metres, the Coach hardly moved to catch the ball

I hate bloody rumours, they take a life of their own

Jack Hanath may prove to be a costly miss. Rather Magner running around in the ones than Rodan running around at Casey. Rather perservere with Petterd for another year than pay the superannuation for Byrnes. Rather have one short on the list than have Gillies on it. Martin had his best year for us when he played first ruck, the only position he really seemed to be able to pay, prefer him to Pederson and Jamar at the moment.

Even the guys on MMM said the after the game the 4 of them were at best, depth back up, and couldn't believe they were all in the first game.

It's an appaling lack of judgement.

And you are saying that based on three weeks of form (or lack thereof). If we were more competitive you wouldn't be worried about it.

Hannath? Magner? Petterd? Next fringe player of neglible benefit?

They may be mistakes, but insignificant, and in no way the cause or effect of our problems.

It is such an easy scapegoat and, with all due respect, I have no idea why you are wasting your time and posts on what we did with Gysberts, 52, 63, 68, 88, and the last 5 places on our primary list.

The real problem are places 5 to 25.

1. Jones

2. Clark

3. Grimes

4. Viney

5. ???

Whoever they are, they are nowhere to be found.

• Like 1

And you are saying that based on three weeks of form (or lack thereof). If we were more competitive you wouldn't be worried about it.

Hannath? Magner? Petterd? Next fringe player of neglible benefit?

They may be mistakes, but insignificant, and in no way the cause or effect of our problems.

It is such an easy scapegoat and, with all due respect, I have no idea why you are wasting your time and posts on what we did with Gysberts, 52, 63, 68, 88, and the last 5 places on our primary list.

The real problem are places 5 to 25.

1. Jones

2. Clark

3. Grimes

4. Viney

5. ???

Whoever they are, they are nowhere to be found.

No, what I'm saying is that those 4 players are of absolutely no value to the Melbourne Football Club; now that's just my opinion so you can take it or leave it, your choice.

No, what I'm saying is that those 4 players are of absolutely no value to the Melbourne Football Club; now that's just my opinion so you can take it or leave it, your choice.

I am wondering why you can't leave it?

All our problems, and this is your bugbear?

Considering that was your 69th post it is probably appropriate that it "sucked"... I know for a fact that Satyriconhome is actively involved in the club and would be the last person to try to turn support away from the club. What is your involvement?

None.

I'm glad he has the time and inclination to be a volunteer. The fact that he's the most deluded football observer I've come across is by the by. He clearly loves the club.

I'd recommend he refrain from continually telling disenchanted supporters on these forums to not go and to not watch. Wouldn't you ?

None.

I'd recommend he refrain from continually telling disenchanted supporters on these forums to not go and to not watch. Wouldn't you ?

But that's precisely the problem I'm having with all of this... I cannot recall seeing him openly suggest that people not go and not watch. I do recall a comment to the effect of "if it's so hard, don't put yourself through it", but that was obviously made out of frustration at the way the discussion was going and was obviously NOT a call for people to stay away.

None.

I'm glad he has the time and inclination to be a volunteer. The fact that he's the most deluded football observer I've come across is by the by. He clearly loves the club.

I'll tell you what, support the Club is what I do, not deluded just not jaded

Why do you think I am deluded (Caroline Wilson's favourite word, iit is you Rangey isn't it), coz I don't agree with you, quite a few of us delusiional then.

I understand the issues at the Club, the real issues, because I get to see/listen/hear etc on a regular basis, nobody sugar coats it for me, but hey I could throw my toys out of the cot like some do, I just don't choose to

I'll refrain from that when the so called supporters stop bagging everything about the Club

I don't say don't go, I just don't understand how people who obviously hate something with such a passion still put themselves through it, it smacks of latent masochism

Just to answer your concerns above, had a couple of conversations with the KIwi international rookie, don't want to have an attempt at his name, always get it wrong, he is not a member of the current list but he has been sat down and told 'exactly' what he has to do, (and as noted once before he got an earful from Chris Dawes for not finishing off a trg drill properly).....he is actually really enjoying it, he is in the middle of a full time six week block at the Club, and everybody coaches and players are offering every bit of help/guidance/rules/education they can......and one other point about training methods.........saw him when he first arrived at the Club, kicked like a Kwi, watched him the other day doing kick to kick with one of the Coaches, over about 20-30 metres, the Coach hardly moved to catch the ball

I hate bloody rumours, they take a life of their own

I watched him run laps last week, and apart from those impressive laps I cannot comment on him regarding the handling or the kicking efficiency of the footy. So I'll take your word for it that the coach didn't move...

With respect to my comments on "elite compliance" and your response, you would need to shed far more light rather than what had been told to our Kiwi experiment. I understand there would be many cases where they have all been "told what to do", but it's how they go about it (collectively as a group) and how particular they are under the current environment and position we currently find ourselves in, that matters to me and I dare say a fair % of members/supporters.

I wouldn't have thought Dermott would have mentioned it, if he didn't think it was worth mentioning having been heavily involved in the industry for many a year and having seen and heard what professionalism is. It may very well have been out of recovery session observations and they may have already done their recovery in the ice baths. Getting it second hand can misrepresent things - but then again he got it from speaking to a few Storm players - doesn't that sound an alarm bell? He may very well have also put some mayo on it, who knows?

However, we've seen some spin recently to suggest otherwise that does make the mind wonder.

I'll tell you what, support the Club is what I do, not deluded just not jaded

Why do you think I am deluded (Caroline Wilson's favourite word, iit is you Rangey isn't it), coz I don't agree with you, quite a few of us delusiional then.

I understand the issues at the Club, the real issues, because I get to see/listen/hear etc on a regular basis, nobody sugar coats it for me, but hey I could throw my toys out of the cot like some do, I just don't choose to

I'll refrain from that when the so called supporters stop bagging everything about the Club

I don't say don't go, I just don't understand how people who obviously hate something with such a passion still put themselves through it, it smacks of latent masochism

Lost the function you were looking for ?

You're wrong. I talk about change and having strong leadership from the top. I have previously offered opinions on how the club could go about it. I'm not going to repeat myself. Read what I've previously posted.

That change at the top has already started. We just parted ways with our CEO. (although I don't agree with how it was handled)

the change at the top started in 2007 & we've made many changes & some made by Jimma.

many are good strong changes, & some were made with strong reasons, but sometimes people can change, & hurt whats happening.

we've made changes to the list good & bad, made changes to the coaches, needed, & sometimes scapegoated for other failures.

The Old Club is groaning under all the changes, but they were necessary to repair the PWeak culture that has besetted the club for decades of Casualness & frivolity. Its been like a Carnival Club for so long its not funny anymore.

BUT, these changes are taking place, & they do hurt, & they scare many who have learnt & grown, under the Casual ways.

I'm not sure how much is still there, but I feel sure we're near to cleaning it out.

This Has to be done... or we will continue as we have over the past 20 years going along looking flash at times & delivering nothing but frustration, & a continual cycle of Carnivals. "Just for Fun", as they say.

it takes a Steel nerve for someone to risk their dream of a coaching career, to take on such a monstrous task.

... and it requires the iron nerve of the supporters to see it through & out the other end where the Light shines brightest.