More home games in Darwin coming...

stuie

what are you talking about?

Started to fight by retreating to Darwin whilst Carlton will sign a new deal on our turf...

I can't see how that is growing larger nads myself...Please do tell...

It is a good move financially for the club we are not retreating it will gain us sponsorship and it is a long term vision like the Hawks into Tassie,

Carlton will not sign a new deal if they do not get over 50k members if anything they will play interstate sides at Visy park if it is upgraded or get a better deal from Etihad.

Almost everything you post is with "the sky is falling attitude" which leads me to two possible conclusions

Either

You're the worlds biggest pessiment

or

The drug experimentation you confessed to earlier in your like has fried your brain to the point of paranoia

• Like 1

It is a good move financially for the club we are not retreating it will gain us sponsorship and it is a long term vision like the Hawks into Tassie,

Carlton will not sign a new deal if they do not get over 50k members if anything they will play interstate sides at Visy park if it is upgraded or get a better deal from Etihad.

Almost everything you post is with "the sky is falling attitude" which leads me to two possible conclusions

Either

You're the worlds biggest pessiment

or

The drug experimentation you confessed to earlier in your like has fried your brain to the point of paranoia

Hahaha you are delusional mate if you don't think Carlton will gain 50,000+ members within the next 18 months. That is reality.

How many of the Top Clubs go to the Top End Yearly?

None...Only the stragglers. Of course CS is going to spruuk it up. He has to.

Let's see if Free to Air broadcast it? Otherwise the Sponshorship is diluted.

Reality.

I blame the AFL nobody else.

Ok let me put it another way. The financial side of this deal i applaud. The AFL makes it harder with every broadcasting deal it signs.

$1.5 Billion is an obscene amount when clubs are still screaming and being screwed.

Where are those wads of cash going?

Just buy Etihad you tight bastards...now.

The broadcasters are going to only want to televise the big games to recoup their huge outlay, understandable.

But how does this deal enhance the MFC's chances of winning the 13th??

The Filth play 18 games a season at the 'G

Carlton will get to that level in time...Richmond possibly...

I don't blame anyone inside the club for doing this deal. This is a direct cause and effect from the TV rights deal, which we are very low priority.

It will help pay the bills, but growing membership i remain sceptical (160 in 4 years at last count)

Playing in Darwin whilst our enemies use the MCG in our absence.

Yes it is only one game, but it could mean the difference between 4th or 5th spot.

The AFL fixture is only going to get more weighted, and we are an afterthought in that, considering the AFL plays finals at the MCG that i have been a member of since 1982...i am not very pleased right now.

The club may well survive longer but winning a flag just got bloody harder, again.

Fcuk it.

Ok let me put it another way. The financial side of this deal i applaud. The AFL makes it harder with every broadcasting deal it signs.

So you do see a positive, well there's hope

$1.5 Billion is an obscene amount when clubs are still screaming and being screwed.

Where are those wads of cash going?

Just buy Etihad you tight bastards...now.

Why how about talk up the new boutique stadium, increase pressure with Carlton moving to the G and get a better Etihad deal

The broadcasters are going to only want to televise the big games to recoup their huge outlay, understandable.

Foxtel still puts in a big slice of the coin, so not a lot will change. Start winning and the broadcasters will show you

But how does this deal enhance the MFC's chances of winning the 13th??

The Filth play 18 games a season at the 'G

We are never going to match the filth, so lets not start setting unrealistic expectations, they have a huge supporter base lets just set our sights on becoming a viable club with a good culture, new supporter bases in Casey etc and enough regular income sponsorship to give us a good tilt on the field. My sights is getting to the level of Geelong just below the off field power clubs but no longer discussed as teh AFL strugglers like Dogs, Saints, Port, North, GWS, Lions, Suns

Carlton will get to that level in time...Richmond possibly...

See above, Carlton need to start winning regularly when I started following footy they were the power club, now Essendon, Tigers, Hawthorn, Meth Coast, Crows have all gone past them

I don't blame anyone inside the club for doing this deal. This is a direct cause and effect from the TV rights deal, which we are very low priority.

It will help pay the bills, but growing membership i remain sceptical (160 in 4 years at last count)

Look at the big picture it gains us revenue to help us compete with the bigger clubs and start winning regulalrly which will bring extra members

Playing in Darwin whilst our enemies use the MCG in our absence.

It's 1 extra game & pretty sure the club will work it out that we lose an Etihad game, MCC may have some in put into this, thank god Jimmy went back down the road of reconciling with them

Yes it is only one game, but it could mean the difference between 4th or 5th spot.

Good sides win anywhere and that would just be an excuse

The AFL fixture is only going to get more weighted, and we are an afterthought in that, considering the AFL plays finals at the MCG that i have been a member of since 1982...i am not very pleased right now.

The club may well survive longer but winning a flag just got bloody harder, again.

Look at the Hawks since 08, the Dogs under Eade, Saints under Ross Lyon, the dynasties of the Bombers under Sheedy from 1998-2001, The Pies of 2010-12 who were the new Power side, Port Adelaide Minor Premiers 01-03, Adelaide under Neil Craig, NEWSFLASH - Premierships are damned hard to win a lot has to go right

Fcuk it.

The only thing we need to owrry about is attaining and maintaining stability and becoming regular winners and not just making up numbers in the 8 but being contenders. Everything else falls into place after that.

why is it crap??

Sticks would have smiled quietly to himself reading page 67 of the HUN today.

Gee let me think Melbourne has a deal with the MCG.

Where are the Afl going to fixture Melbourne home games ,we don't have a deal with Etihad Stadium for Home Games, so the AFL cannot force it.

So what if Carlton want to play at the G it's the AFL problem with the fixture not ours.

What people seem to forget when the club starts to play consistent and finals football long term then these sort of panicking posts go away.

But I am curious where do propose the Afl would make us play our games.......

PSD you keep talking about Carlton and Boutique Stadiums.

Forget that. First game of footy i went to was the 1970 GF 121,000+

Carlton are not going to settle for a small Stadium Deal...their cheating fines in 2002 almost wiped them out. 14 days from Fitzroy they were.

Then Pratt and Visy were contacted.

VISY have more $$$ than the AFL, they will move to Brunton Ave. The Broadcasters will love it.

Collingwood Carlton Richmond and Essendrug if they are not done over.

The MFC are not factored apart from QB.

Vlad has created a Corporate monster and 9 teams in Melbourne is too much.

Foxtel btw only goes to about 20% of houses in Australia so they are the small partner.

Ch 7 want to make money. It gets harder each year, so the fixture will become more weighted, UNLESS the AFL spend more on their clubs.

The NFL has a max 3 Friday night games for ALL Clubs.

Is Vlad prepared to share his wealth or is he Uncle Scrooge.

I have already seen The MFC leave the MCG once. It was a disaster (The 80's)

I am not pessimistic, i can see the maths long term.

Gee let me think Melbourne has a deal with the MCG.

Where are the Afl going to fixture Melbourne home games ,we don't have a deal with Etihad Stadium for Home Games, so the AFL cannot force it.

So what if Carlton want to play at the G it's the AFL problem with the fixture not ours.

What people seem to forget when the club starts to play consistent and finals football long term then these sort of panicking posts go away.

But I am curious where do propose the Afl would make us play our games.......

If Carlton leave Etihad, you can be sure that the MFC will play more game there to make up the shortfall..Etihad will still demand the same number of games. The share holders will see to that.

Call it a panicking post if you wish, but you under estimate those ruthless Carlton bastards at your own peril...There is good reason why i despise them. They walk over anybody to get what they want.

And you can rest assured the AFL will turn a Blind Eye. They already have shown that with the Judd and Luke Ball deals.

The AFL love Carlton & Collingwood firing...that covers the melbourne region.

Geelong are self sufficient as long as the car industry is in business

I'm happy with this sponsorship and potential two games. AD spoke today about teams not being able to pay 100% of the salary cap. We could be one of them. If we want to secure big free agents (Thomas),have a competent footy department and be able to develop players WE NEED CASH. If we want wins and a flag WE NEED CASH.

Edited by cowboy_from_hell

Not qualified eh and you are? best you contact Jeff Kennett, he might be able to get in touch with someone so they can help you.......

i am fine mate. I know how hard the AFL pushed Ch7 in their dealings. They paid way over what they could afford.

The AFL really don't want TV anymore..They would have used the Net 100% if 7 had buckled.

When the AFL has its own sports channels they can negotiate their own advertising.

Vlad in his eyes was doing Ch 7 a favour...but it cost them way more than expected.

The trade off is that 7 had a big say in the fixture and will do for the life of the deal.

The MFC is low priority at this stage...

Feel free to disagree but that's what happened...i didn't crack champgne bottles when the deal was announced.

It just made our footy clubs job 10 x harder to win a flag.

We had to get it right between 2008-10. That was our window, we all know what happened.

This year is important...2-3 wins in a row might get 10,000 members

Supporters want the MFC to fire, but a lot do not believe it will happen.

That is a reality the club has to deal with.

If Carlton leave Etihad, you can be sure that the MFC will play more game there to make up the shortfall..Etihad will still demand the same number of games. The share holders will see to that.

Call it a panicking post if you wish, but you under estimate those ruthless Carlton bastards at your own peril...There is good reason why i despise them. They walk over anybody to get what they want.

And you can rest assured the AFL will turn a Blind Eye. They already have shown that with the Judd and Luke Ball deals.

I agree. The future issue I see with Carlton pushing for more G games and the eventual AFL purchase of Etihad, is the afl will decide in their wisdom to shuffle more of our matches to Etihad stadium. It will mean more revenue for the AFL because of Carlton's bigger supporter/member numbers to games. And of course (in the AFL's eyes) it's only Melbourne they're a push over, they can play at Etihad.

I agree. The future issue I see with Carlton pushing for more G games and the eventual AFL purchase of Etihad, is the afl will decide in their wisdom to shuffle more of our matches to Etihad stadium. It will mean more revenue for the AFL because of Carlton's bigger supporter/member numbers to games. And of course (in the AFL's eyes) it's only Melbourne they're a push over, they can play at Etihad.

that is certainly the projection right now.

IF the Demons can start winning regularly, we can turn it around. Let's be honest the AFL have given us chances (QB)..They do know we still have a dormant audience out there.

But now Carlton are making noises it is becoming more critical.

The Board and CS know it...

You believe your right and thats your right, on the other hand I believe your completely wrong and I know i'm right so lets leave it at that eh!! over and out.

if your right, do tell your future template. I would be fascinated to hear it.

The name Melbourne will not save us forever if we do not start winning important games.

lol

What nonsense.

When the AFL finally get Etihad, the Dogs, the Roos the Saints, the Bombers, the Blues, and even the cats will play some home games there as they are making money from it.

It's not going to mean more Melbourne home games at Docklands - it will mean less - as in zero.

Edited by rpfc

I think if we were able to play two games back to back in Darwin this would provide us with a big football advantage (at least for the second game) .

I think i'd also be really tempted to head up to Darwin for a week's holiday then - bookended by Melbourne games. Good for the NT Tourism as well as for the MFC.

lol

What nonsense.

When the AFL finally get Etihad, the Dogs, the Roos the Saints, the Bombers, the Blues, and even the cats will play some home games there as they are making money from it.

It's not going to mean more Melbourne home games at Docklands - it will mean less - as in zero.

lol if you wish.

Etihad is half the size of the MCG.

can yoh ever be assured that would happen every year?

Is the queens birthday a date?

Is the Anzac day a date?

Dreamtime at the 'G' ?

These things can be worked out or the deal just falls over. If the AFL like it, then it can happen.

In the end the evening up of the fixture will event-ually question all.

lol if you wish.

Etihad is half the size of the MCG.

And a fun size twix is a third the size of a normal twix.

Your point?

The key is making money.

We make money at the G - the AFL knows this and tries not to schedule home games there (or even away games).

We are selling these games because it is unsustainable not to, and it will not lead to your paranoid conclusions.

WYL keep sticking it too them! You are right!

The only positive for this deal is short term cash flow. I'd say 3 years then get out with the money and the loss of matches and loss of relevance might just be worth it if we are really lucky.

• Like 1

The Blues recruited Malthouse but Buttifant did not come with him. Can the Carlton Fitness Boss deliver Mick the athletes in the shape that Buttifant did. Does he have the quality of Assistant Coaches that he had in the 2011 Premiership year? 3 of the 2011 Maggies Assistants are now Senior Coaches. The Blues fans are up and about but with a tough draw to start the year that could change pretty damn quickly and rest assured they will jump off the bandwagon again if the year goes pearshaped and the reality dawns that the Judd era will deliver the Blues exactly the same number of Premierships that the Buckley era delivered Collingwood.

Do you understand what the club has achieved in recent years? We've moved our training base from the dilapidated slums of the Junction Oval to the modern elite facility at AAMI Park. We've payed off our $5 million dollar debt and we've taken full ownership of the Bentleigh Club which is valued at around $8 million. We used our improved commercial position to put together a football department led by impressive people like Neeld, Craig, Viney and Misson and now Jason Taylor. We went out and got Mitch Clark. How Freo must wish they had poneyed up for him.

You talk about winning important games. If you read what Colin Garland said today about the home truths delivered to the players in the 2011 pre season about their fitness levels and professionalism you will understand the cultural changes ushered in by the new footy department. Just looking at Misson and Craig, is their a better sports science due in the AFL. Both have years of experience in conditioning AFL players to play tough hard footy from first bounce to final siren. The kind of tough hard footy that wins those important games you talk about.

Neeld and Craig have also introduced a much tougher brand of footy, with a great emphasis on being able to play a hard nosed defensive game style. I like Neeld. He talks directly and simply. And he backs up what he says with his selections. For the first time since the Northey era if you want to pull on a Dees jumper you've gotta be able to play tough hard footy no matter how talented you are. And Misson and Craig will ensure you have the elite fitness required to do it.

Edited by demoniac
  • Like 5

WYL keep sticking it too them! You are right!

The only positive for this deal is short term cash flow. I'd say 3 years then get out with the money and the loss of matches and loss of relevance might just be worth it if we are really lucky.

I sure hope it is a stop gap deal. Because it will cost us premiership points.

The Top Clubs wouldn't touch it

Kernahans ad is being played on the radio as i type this.

"We want to make the MCG our home"....50.000 members is what they need.

Visy could buy at least 5,000....Tax write off...

We have more of a chance of winning at Darwin than we do at Etihad.

I say bring it on, we wont get the injuries we get at that s**t hole called Etihad.

Also we only get a crowd of 10000+ to etihad then get penalised for it.

Let's play the interstate teams we hate to go and see, up in Darwin and have a better chance of pocketing some cash.

I'd rather watch on TV, us play in Darwin, than go to etihad atmo, to see us play..

OR to a MFC Social club in Richmond to watch our away games,,, or to see us train, & then a cold beer talking footy shchitt.

If we don't develop a home social base in Richmond, we will never have a unified & passionate supporter group. and we'll be forever nomadic.