Brock McLean article - "Tackling footy's silence on gays"

pitchfork

Intellectual discussion often scares simpleminded folk. Ignore him.

Just kills my buzz.

I know this is a footy forum but if footy is all we could or should ever talk about then I'd have to hand the keys back right now. I like my footy but damn I have a personality that needs variety too. And this is the only forum I frequent, and most of the people I hang around don't give a stuff about having meaningful conversations so I come here. Sue me stuie!

• Like 2

How is it irrelevant Stuie? It's all about acceptance. Cultural acceptance has just been a topic of conversation that has flowed from acceptance of one's sexuality preference.

You hijack every damn thread with your boring repetitive moral high ground crap.

Sooooo muslims are gay now? And Brock McLean is involved somehow in wearing Burqa?

I'll say it again a bit slower for you... this. is. a. footy. board.

The op was footy related, get it?

I believe I said I encourage people's choice to wear what they want as long as they adhere to our laws.

The fact that you refer to them as "this lot" confirms to me you are nothing but an old school racist.

I believe I said I encourage people's choice to wear what they want as long as they adhere to our laws.

The fact that you refer to them as "this lot" confirms to me you are nothing but an old school racist.

ok , next time you get outta your car and walk into the servo to pay for your juice , thats petrol etc , you know , have a look at the big sticker on the door that magically open for you , , you might happen to see a sticker the size of your face with a bike helmet , and and its got a red line thru it ok lets have a lil guessing game , you go fiirst , what do you think that means ?

Just kills my buzz.

I know this is a footy forum but if footy is all we could or should ever talk about then I'd have to hand the keys back right now. I like my footy but damn I have a personality that needs variety too. And this is the only forum I frequent, and most of the people I hang around don't give a stuff about having meaningful conversations so I come here. Sue me stuie!

Haha you go girl!

I was just thinking about whether I'd want to live in Taliban controlled Afghanistan or a hypothetical Republic of Stuie .... it's by no means an easy choice! lol

Edited by Range Rover

ok , next time you get outta your car and walk into the servo to pay for your juice , thats petrol etc , you know , have a look at the big sticker on the door that magically open for you , , you might happen to see a sticker the size of your face with a bike helmet , and and its got a red line thru it ok lets have a lil guessing game , you go fiirst , what do you think that means ?

What is your point? That you can only read pictures? I kind of figured that.

Just kills my buzz.

Sloonie, you're on the "Demonland" website, in the "Melbourne Demons" forum, in a thread about a former MFC player sticking up for gay rights and you're debating the merits of Burqa with the most infamously stubborn and dimwitted poster this place has seen.... Can you understand what I'm saying?

Haha you go girl!

I was just thinking about whether I'd want to live in Taliban controlled Afghanistan or a hypothetical Republic of Stuie .... it's by no means an easy choice! lol

At least in Afghanistan you can talk about things other than football lol.

• Like 1

Sloonie, you're on the "Demonland" website, in the "Melbourne Demons" forum, in a thread about a former MFC player sticking up for gay rights and you're debating the merits of Burqa with the most infamously stubborn and dimwitted poster this place has seen.... Can you understand what I'm saying?

Arguing with barndee is my bad, I will admit that.

But you have to ease up on these restraints you have on threads where they must stay on topic. Understand how conversation can flow onto other topics of contention and stop being such a football fascist. Can you see how trying to stop the "de-railment" of a thread leads to further derailments and digressions?

I must've missed the part where ADC contributed to the discussion.

I must've missed the part where ADC contributed to the discussion.

Good point, may have to do a recount soon...

Arguing with barndee is my bad, I will admit that.

But you have to ease up on these restraints you have on threads where they must stay on topic. Understand how conversation can flow onto other topics of contention and stop being such a football fascist. Can you see how trying to stop the "de-railment" of a thread leads to further derailments and digressions?

Not talking about barndee, best just to ignore that fella...

Look, I get your final point there, but I'm different to you, I come here to read footy related things not look for friends to have late night D and M's with, and after all is said and done, which one of us is in the wrong place for what they want?...

Look, I get your final point there, but I'm different to you, I come here to read footy related things not look for friends to have late night D and M's with, and after all is said and done, which one of us is in the wrong place for what they want?...

So read what you want to read and skip the stuff you don't.

The real question is ... which weeties packet did you get your moderator credentials from?

This place can be both Stuie, and without both it won't work. Understand that.

Anyway thanks for de-railing the thread.

edit- use the ignore function Stuie. put bbo biffen range rover and myself on it. do us all a favor.

Edited by SloonieMcFloonieloone

This place can be both Stuie, and without both it won't work. Understand that.

Anyway thanks for de-railing the thread.

edit- use the ignore function Stuie. put bbo biffen range rover and myself on it. do us all a favor.

Sorry for derailing your discussion on Islam that was clearly not out of place in a Melbourne Demons footy forum thread about gay equality...

So read what you want to read and skip the stuff you don't.

The real question is ... which weeties packet did you get your moderator credentials from?

But how do you know what you're going to read until you've read it.... Oooooh it's like a proverb or something there for you RR, like the one about a tree falling when no one can hear it, or a Range Rover talking to himself....

It isn't illegal to wear a motorcycle helmet into a petrol station. The only people requiring you to do so are the owners of petrol stations.

Stuie, if you have such a problem with a thread then please pass on your concerns to a mod. Otherwise, please stop ruining a thread (even more) just because you don't like Range Rover.

Sorry for derailing your discussion on Islam that was clearly not out of place in a Melbourne Demons footy forum thread about gay equality...

Again, you don't understand the concept that an idea or point of contention can flow from another point. The topic is acceptance and it doesn't have to be restricted to the one branch (sexuality preference) for the thread to be relevant.

I can not believe you don't grasp this. And why are you even posting on a thread about gay equality- which clearly it isn't football related. Little hypocrisy there stuie? Or did you become involved when it got "hijacked". Lol please ignore me you absolutely ruin my demonland experience!

• Like 1

But how do you know what you're going to read until you've read it.... Oooooh it's like a proverb or something there for you RR, like the one about a tree falling when no one can hear it, or a Range Rover talking to himself....

Stuie, do yourself a favour ... quit stalking me and put me on ignore, too. Liberate yourself.

It isn't illegal to wear a motorcycle helmet into a petrol station. The only people requiring you to do so are the owners of petrol stations.

Stuie, if you have such a problem with a thread then please pass on your concerns to a mod. Otherwise, please stop ruining a thread (even more) just because you don't like Range Rover.

i agree with what you say , but hey its signs every where is signs , but the average dude abides ok , it just how it works , respect , simple and easy to do , well for most of us

Just been reading a few articles. I think this guy presents a cogent anti-burqa argument ... http://www.thecommentator.com/article/70/why_the_french_were_right_to_ban_the_burqa_and_why_britain_should_do_likewise

"Finally, let us expel once and for all the great red herring that is frequently brought into the discussion at this stage: the equivalence of ski-masks or the kind of masks worn at the bal de fous to the burqa. If we’re going to ban the burqa, we should ban them too. Introducing such false parallels represents something of a desperate last stand. They are clearly not equivalent to the wearing of the burqa since they are tied to a specific activity and they are transient: they do not represent a permanent exclusion from liberal society and do not, therefore, represent a threat to the values on which a liberal society is constructed."

• Like 1

Again, you don't understand the concept that an idea or point of contention can flow from another point. The topic is acceptance and it doesn't have to be restricted to the one branch (sexuality preference) for the thread to be relevant.

I can not believe you don't grasp this. And why are you even posting on a thread about gay equality- which clearly it isn't football related. Little hypocrisy there stuie? Or did you become involved when it got "hijacked". Lol please ignore me you absolutely ruin my demonland experience!

Oh Sloonie you clever girl .

WOman of my dreams ,slaying scum at the footy with fists

and mediocrity at home on the screen.

Sooooo muslims are gay now? And Brock McLean is involved somehow in wearing Burqa?

I'll say it again a bit slower for you... this. is. a. footy. board.

The op was footy related, get it?

Let me get this Straight.

Brock Mcleans sister is a terrorist.

On that we all agree.

But should terrorists have the same rights as homosexualists?

thats where it starts getting tricky.

Now