Pick 4 Options

Number 2

143 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Based on the small amount of video publicly available I really like the look of Wines. In particular, his decision making looks top notch.

• Like 1

Really want Wines. I feel that if we pass up on him we will always be tracking him- forever contemplating just how a midfield combo like Viney and Wines would have been all conquering and we missed out.

We can get the inside mid business sorted in this draft. And by sorted I mean sorted with two quality hard-at-it 10 year players. Give that opportunity to any list and they would jump at it.

See what classy outside mids are available next year as we will have a good pick in 2013 as well.

I expect with the inclusion of Byrnes, and eventually Barry we can develop Blease into that running outside mid with flair.

• Like 1

I think it is out of Toumpas, Wines and Macrae/Or'Rourke possibly in that order

Although i like the fact that Macrae can use the ball well and seems to find space in a similar way to Scott Pendlebury from reports.....

Any of these four will compliment our midfield imo, it is just a waiting game now and it will go on for weeks!

When it comes to top 5 talent, even top 10: attitude, confidence (arrogance even), and intensity is the key.

Notice I didn't mention personality or character.

I don't care if you are an arrogant [censored], kids can learn respect and proper behaviour - they cannot learn maniacal desire to win and attack on the footy.

Edited by rpfc
  • Like 1

trade radio says pick 4 could still be up for grabs...

what would we want if we do decide to trade? it'd want to be a jet midfielder wouldn't it?

suggestion was that Grundy (ruck prospect) will still be available at pick 4 (because GWS are keen to stick to their plans of taking midfielders). Clubs looking for a tall prospect might want to deal with the MFC to get pick 4.

what is the right deal?

Toumpass is the dream.... I am simply not buying into Wines.

Wines is not a game breaker, he is a workman like midfielder...

Yeah. Your right? Wines is not a game breaker, he is over the hill he's 18 ffs

• Like 1

trade radio says pick 4 could still be up for grabs...

what would we want if we do decide to trade? it'd want to be a jet midfielder wouldn't it?

suggestion was that Grundy (ruck prospect) will still be available at pick 4 (because GWS are keen to stick to their plans of taking midfielders). Clubs looking for a tall prospect might want to deal with the MFC to get pick 4.

what is the right deal?

I would think it would be a gaff, Cotchin, Shuey, Beams type if anyone wants pick 4

IMO we would be better off trying to trade #4 for #12 and #14 from GWS.

Knightmare on Bigfooty has Menzel, Membrey, Vlaustin, Stringer, Garlett and Kennedy in the 14-20 range.

even throw in our pick 20 to get the deal done.

The recruitment of hogan indicates that this year will be largely laying the ground work for 2014 so why not commit fully to the process.

Get the two mid round picks, get stringer and kennedy and have 12months to decide whether to play them as forward, mid or both.

Trading in gumbleton or even dawes seems a bandaid solutiin, and a wasteful one at that, considering our 2starting talls will be hogan and clark in 2014.

A first round draft pick for a depth player seems excessive, especially when we have sellar, we have fitzy and dare i say we do potentially have watts to play forward this year.

Let's just not go throwing all our picks away please Rollo.

Anyway if all the big midfield names are taken, I'd be a little [censored] but I'd take Grundy and send Martin Express Post to the destination of his choosing..

Let's just not go throwing all our picks away please Rollo.

Anyway if all the big midfield names are taken, I'd be a little [censored] but I'd take Grundy and send Martin Express Post to the destination of his choosing..

i dont think using pick 20 to trade in a key forward for 12months is good value.

I also dont think 1gun mid + viney is a massive return for the talent in this draft.

If we traded pick 4+20 and got picks 12+13 i think we could get some exciting midfield speed and class.

i dont think using pick 20 to trade in a key forward for 12months is good value.

I also dont think 1gun mid + viney is a massive return for the talent in this draft.

If we traded pick 4+20 and got picks 12+13 i think we could get some exciting midfield speed and class.

It has been noted by many draft watchers (on forums, media and club talent scouts) that this draft is very good at the pointy end, but drops off after that significantly. Trading pick 4 for picks in the teens is madness. Give me one BMW over 2 x Corollas any day. Hogan will be worth it IMHO, but a gun midfielder is what we need to compliment taking Viney. This draft is rich in mids, next year is better for KPPs, apparently. Toumpas, O'Rourke or Wines, please.

• Like 2

The people have spoken. Less than 1% of people who have completed this poll believe we should trade pick 4. As for that proposed deal, GWS would take that and run to their lawyers to make sure they weren't going to be guilty of grand larceny.

• Like 1

Pick 4 is better than 12 and 14.

It's better than 12, 13, and 14.

Pick 4 should net you an A-grade mid ready to contrbute right now.

I disagree, it is not as if we are one gun away from being in the finals we need as much quality as we can, I would say picks 12 and 13 is equivalent to 4. However 12,13 and 14 is far superior to pick 4; Sydney's midfield was built around a collective all willing to work as one. It takes 4 or 5 quality midfields to win a GF, not 1 or 2. Note last year Toby Greene, Devon Smith and Taylor Adams the three midfielders I deem to be around the best of the bunch were taken 11 onwards, the more picks you have in the first round the greater room for error you have and the greater chance to pick up a star.

Neeld doesn't want a ruckman. Fact.

We should get Wines. Him and Viney together will make me warm inside. Though I won't be upset with Mayes, Jimmy Toumpas, Macrae or Or'Rourke..

I would like a Gumby up forward, he can crash a pack and create a contest. He was Pick 2. ( We could use Moloney Pick)

Or Hansen, still think this guy will come on too.. Pick 3 behind Gumby..

Dawes is soft.. We need to erace that tag from our club..

I disagree, it is not as if we are one gun away from being in the finals we need as much quality as we can, I would say picks 12 and 13 is equivalent to 4. However 12,13 and 14 is far superior to pick 4; Sydney's midfield was built around a collective all willing to work as one. It takes 4 or 5 quality midfields to win a GF, not 1 or 2. Note last year Toby Greene, Devon Smith and Taylor Adams the three midfielders I deem to be around the best of the bunch were taken 11 onwards, the more picks you have in the first round the greater room for error you have and the greater chance to pick up a star.

We need stars of the game and we are a better chance of landing that star with Pick 4.

I understand your point but a top 5 pick should net a star of the game.

Id pay pick 4 for an exchange of 12 13 and 24

I alsoGiven our inability to identify and select genuine stars with low darft picks i believe that a better result could be obtained with a spread od first rounders

Whilst we're all 100-feet away with the putter in our hands.... Wines at 4 (I've been told to lock it in by HG), Membrey at 20.

I'd love to see this, but my gut tells me that Membrey's last month or so has bumped his value up a little higher than 20. Would love to be proven wrong though.

Another thing that I have noticed is that hypothetically we end up with Wines, Viney and say a Vlastuin or Membrey type at 20 perhaps as our first 3 picks.... each of these players has strong leadership capabilities (Being club or state captains). Add these sorts to Jones, Trengove and Grimes types and you have a nucleus of players that are capable of creating a very strong football culture... give these players 3-4 years playing together and I think you might see something pretty special start to happen