EPL

Macca

Moyes sacked.

A shame as I liked him, hopefully he's not lost to the game, but you can hardly call it a surprise.

http://m.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/manchester-united-sack-manager-david-moyes-20140422-zqxvs.html

Was always going to be a difficult task replacing Ferguson.

Would have loved to be in the crowd for the match Sunday night, the everton supporters were up and about.

Having said that I feel like they should have shown a bit more respect to the ex gaffer but still he did say that everton should allow Baines to go to a bigger club for him to improve.

Stoked my toffees will be playing European footy, and hoping arsenal slip up twice so we can slip up once!!

Edit: moyes learnt from the school of Neeld, get a massive pay out 16 mil coming his way!!

Edited by Mad_Melbourne
  • Like 1

Huge game tonight at 11pm ... Liverpool vs Chelsea. Everything is on the line for both teams. The reds can afford to draw the match just as long as they can win their last 2 games. However, just like the Liverpool/Man City game played 2 weeks ago, I reckon both teams will be going for the win - should be another beauty.

Radio coverage for those without cable

Totally shhiiittttttt the bed. Steve G slip and sliding, no ability to penetrate the bus parked in front of our goal. Suarez has struggled over the last quarter of the season and with Sturridge not fully fit did no favours. All Man Cit's to lose now on goal difference. Need a huge result from Everton.

Edited by Cards13

Yep, a lot riding on the result of that Everton/Man City game, Cards ...

Chelsea got the win but they will almost certainly need both Man City and Liverpool to each lose one of their remaining games to claim the title. I reckon Liverpool will win their last 2 games anyway but the title is now in Man City's hands (if City can win out)

However, even though Arsenal will probably claim 4th spot, Everton will still have an outside chance for a Champions League spot so ... they'll no doubt be going all out for the win against City (next Saturday) An Everton win in that game or even a drawn game would help the Reds immeasurably. Also, if Newcastle can take some points off Arsenal tomorrow morning, that would give the Toffees a bit more motivation. Regardless of all that, Everton's home record has been excellent this season ... table

There's still a fair bit to play out.

• Like 1

Villa would need to do the business tomorrow morning for Liverpool to capture the title as I can't see my Hammers troubling City too much in the last round - although, you never know ^_^

As it is, the title is going to be decided on the last day and if we get a repeat of what happened at the end of the 2011/12, we'll be in for a treat.

Man City's title to lose though and to give credit where it's due, their scoring average away from home is over 2 goals and they've averaged over 3 goals at home. City play an excellent brand and they will be deserved winners if they triumph.

Well what a pppffftttt way to finish the year off from Liverpool, I held off hope for as long as possible. I made it to the Chelsea game but gave over to hope beforehand... Rookie on my part. Here is hoping we make a huge splash in the transfer market, on defence and mids and get geared up for another big tilt at the title next season.

Edited by Cards13

• 2 months later...

The EPL kicks off next weekend and up until daylight savings kicks in, most weeks we'll get a Saturday 9.45pm game and a Sunday 10.30pm game on cable. Ideal late night TV ... Next weekend's games

For what it's worth, here are my top 6 tips ... reckon the top 3 will fight out the title race with Liverpool & Arsenal fighting it out for 4th spot. (Liverpool will miss Suarez) Everton & Newcastle should finish in the top 10 and maybe even my Hammers could get a top 12 position if big Sam can get 'em going ...

1) Man City

2) Man Utd

3) Chelsea

4) Liverpool

5) Arsenal

6) Tottenham

• 2 weeks later...

I like this signing by Liverpool ... they had to give themselves a real chance to win the title and there's no doubting Mario's talent.

This article from Gabriele Marcotti sums up the signing quite well ...

Balotelli good business for Liverpool

Balotelli turned 24 just last month. He's not a prolific goal scorer like Luis Suarez was but, since turning 20, he's averaged a goal every 140 minutes in league play for Milan and Manchester City. Which isn't that far off Suarez's numbers of one every 139 minutes of league play (albeit mostly all from open play, unlike Balotelli's) during his Liverpool career.

But it's a risk-reward thing. If Rodgers can get through to him and get him on the pitch regularly, even if he doesn't go to the next level in terms of potential, he'll still pick up a chunk of Suarez's slack at a portion of the price.

Baloteli.... From the biter to Super Mario. Mario is a different player to Suarez but if he can/has grown up a little bit he will be a super buy @$16m. Rodgers, like most managers at that level have big brash ones and think they can manage almost everyone.

Bloody everton look to be a little bit underdone, should really have 6 points from two games.

Annoyed to drop the points against the gunners

Didn't even realise they drew! I went to bed with Everton 2-0 up, playing with ease and seemingly on course for a third. That's a shame.

Spurs have started well...

Wow early on it looks like a 2 horse race between City and Chelski. The Liverpuds smashed 3-1 in a cake walk over night. Defence was our number 1 need and still is, but lets welcome Super Mario to the fold.

What's going on with Man U?

Lose 4 nil to MK Dons in the league cup ... goodness gracious me

And I tipped 'em for 2nd :mellow:

What's going on with Man U?

Lose 4 nil to MK Dons in the league cup ... goodness gracious me

And I tipped 'em for 2nd :mellow:

Macca you know your sports but wtf? They are putrid and a 60m pound Di Maria ain't helping them. I would genuinely love 5o see MU finish off outside the top 10.

• Like 1

Macca you know your sports but wtf? They are putrid and a 60m pound Di Maria ain't helping them. I would genuinely love 5o see MU finish off outside the top 10.

Know my sports? Not after that prediction, Cards!

I have a unique view on the EPL ... I like watching all the good teams play and especially so when they're matched up against each other. Don't dislike any of 'em.

Following a team like West Ham where realistically, it's more a matter of escaping relegation or finishing a commendable 10th, I view the top 6-8 of the EPL as a separate league. That's effectively what it is.

Can't wait for the Balotelli debut ... the Reds are at Spurs Sunday night our time (10.30pm) and there's a fair chance Mario will play. Should be a cracker of a match regardless.

• 3 weeks later...

HAHAHAH! United will make the 4 and Di Maria was worth the money, if you've got it, spend it.

it'll be

1. Chelsea

2. City (Hurts me to say it)

3. United

4. Liverpool

Arsenal won't make it due to being terrible.

Welbeck biggest joke.

HAHAHAH! United will make the 4 and Di Maria was worth the money, if you've got it, spend it.

it'll be

1. Chelsea

2. City (Hurts me to say it)

3. United

4. Liverpool

Arsenal won't make it due to being terrible.

Welbeck biggest joke.

Nice to see you finally got a win. My Hammers got a point (we're trying to get to 40)

You'll need to pick up a number of points against your rivals but in the meantime your next 4 aren't too tough ... @ Leicester, vs West Ham, vs Everton & @ West Brom.

Could win all 4 and then you'll be right back on track. The Toffees are always tough opposition though. I originally picked you to finish 2nd with Chelsea 3rd and City winning it but Chelsea are looking good ... Diego Costa is rampant.

Nice to see you finally got a win. My Hammers got a point (we're trying to get to 40)

You'll need to pick up a number of points against your rivals but in the meantime your next 4 aren't too tough ... @ Leicester, vs West Ham, vs Everton & @ West Brom.

Could win all 4 and then you'll be right back on track. The Toffees are always tough opposition though. I originally picked you to finish 2nd with Chelsea 3rd and City winning it but Chelsea are looking good ... Diego Costa is rampant.

I honestly can't believe we lost to Leicester, that cross from Vardy was out and those penalties were rubbish, but still united, how do you let a 2 goal lead go like that?

I honestly can't believe we lost to Leicester, that cross from Vardy was out and those penalties were rubbish, but still united, how do you let a 2 goal lead go like that?

I jinxed your team ... as soon as I start projecting wins you know what comes next!

I watched your game as well as my Hammers against the reds (a 3-1 triumph) and, the highlights of the other games. Chelsea will be happy with their point at City.

Leicester coming back was just freakish - they just took the game on and United had no answer. van Gaal has some sorting out to do. Next week you're at home to my team and usually, I'd be thinking a Man U win ... not so sure now ^_^

A couple of good match-ups coming up on the weekend ... Sat 9.45pm (Liverpool vs Everton) and 2.30am Sunday (Gunners vs Spurs)

• 2 months later...