List Summary Part 1

Guest Gotzy15

How anyone can keep Bennell is beyond me

Bennell has shown he has the skills to play, but has been let get away with playing soft under soft mentoring.

He is young enough to try to turn around his ways. Under a harder regime & leadership group.

Would you swap Jamar for Boak +/- ???

In a heartbeat.

I also don't like the idea of getting rid of Jurrah at all. If the charges against him are dropped/he escapes without jail time, he is more than capable of being the X-Factor that our team needs. He is unpredictable, skillful, good in the air and at ground level and gives the opposition headaches. If we have a forward line that features a fit Howe, Clark and Jurrah the opposition will really struggle to create match-ups.

In a heartbeat.

I also don't like the idea of getting rid of Jurrah at all. If the charges against him are dropped/he escapes without jail time, he is more than capable of being the X-Factor that our team needs. He is unpredictable, skillful, good in the air and at ground level and gives the opposition headaches. If we have a forward line that features a fit Howe, Clark and Jurrah the opposition will really struggle to create match-ups.

I understand his positives, it's his negatives which are too big to get around, workrate, hardness for the physical contest, won't chase properly & tackle to bring down the opponent, wants to jump all the time instead of playing small when a pack has formed, etc, etc.

IMo won't make it into our best team in 2 + years time...

I'd look to trade him now to Sheedy (for an U-17), (or Port for Boak), if he gets off his troubles....

Would you swap Jamar for Boak +/- ???

That's the point exactly. To get someone of quality, you gotta give. It would be painful, but a huge win-win, on both sides.

I understand his positives, it's his negatives which are too big to get around, workrate, hardness for the physical contest, won't chase properly & tackle to bring down the opponent, wants to jump all the time instead of playing small when a pack has formed, etc, etc.

IMo won't make it into our best team in 2 + years time...

I'd look to trade him now to Sheedy (for an U-17), (or Port for Boak), if he gets off his troubles....

Those are things which I believe he can learn. Last season he wasn't flying for marks as much and he ended the season as our leading goal kicker (even though he wasn't in his best form). Having a player with the ability to play the role of a tall or small forward effectively is a very rare asset for a team to have.

That's the point exactly. To get someone of quality, you gotta give. It would be painful, but a huge win-win, on both sides.
With Jamars age we may even have to offer something xtra. Just get it dunn.

You guys are overlooking the fact that Jamar is OOC and an Unrestricted Free Agent.

There is no trade to make.

If he goes, he goes, and we might get a third round pick or something I guess...

I'd give Bennell a little more time to prove himself. As for Bate I'm on the fence, he hasn't been able to cement his spot in the side since 2009 and is really an average player. He plays shown good signs, but just isn't quite a good enough mark, kick, or goal-kicking force. He hasn't quite been good enough as key forward, half forward or midfielder He's 25 now so I'd probably be getting games into a younger player

Did you actually watch his game last week ?If you did you wouldnt give give him another milisecond

Jurrah - Why would the club offer such excellent support to Jurrah only to delist him at years end. It makes no sense. If he walks out of court a free man and really wants to play football the club must keep him. He's a rare talent and we need all the talent we can get.

Bennell - Has talent, lost at the moment. Certainly not without hope. Keep

Jamar - trade for someone good

Moloney, Dunn, Bate, Sylvia, Davey,Green - whatever, no longer care

Gawn - must get this kid strong and on the park

Spencer - I just don't think so but Jamar surprised us.

These are the players who IMO have what it takes to win a premiership

FP: Jurrah Clark _____

HF: Howe_____ Trengove

C: Blease Gysberts Watts

HB: Grimes McDonald______

FB: ______ Frawley Garland

R:_______ Jones________

I:_____ ______ ______ _____

Those who could get there pending massive improvement

Tapscott

Cook

Taggert

Tynan

Gawn

Strauss

Magner

Davis

Martin

These players could there pending a miracle

Bail

Bennell

Spencer

Jetta

Edited by Neita3000

Let us cut to the chase.

Players are either Premiership potential or hubbard's. (The other category is too young evaluate so they get a pass)

Bail: Gone

Blease: Keep

Bartram: Keep

Bate: Gone

Bennell: Gone

Clark: Keep

Cook: Keep

*Couch: Keep

Davey: Gone

Davis: Keep

Dunn: Gone

*Evans: Keep

Fitzpatrick: Keep

Frawley: Keep

Garland: Keep

Gawn: Keep

Green: Gone

Grimes: Keep

Gysberts: Keep

Howe: Keep

Jamar: Gone

Jetta: Gone

Jones: Keep

Jurrah: Keep

*Lawrence: Keep

MacDonald: Gone

*Magner: Keep

Martin: Keep

McDonald: Keep

McKenzie: Keep

Moloney: Gone

Morton: Keep

*Nicholson: Keep

Petterd: Gone

Rivers: Keep

Sellar: Gone

Spencer: Keep

*Sheahan: Keep

Strauss: Gone

Sylvia: Gone

Taggert: Keep

Tapscott: Keep

Trengove: Keep

Tynan: Keep

Watts: Keep

*Williams: Keep

So that's 15 players that need to be traded/delisted whatever.......

That will take either 3 years of normal evolution or 2 years of savaging the list. I prefer the latter.

Wow our list is bad.

So are our computer bedroom judges

PM24. You wish to keep the same list. It will not happen.

It will be "Shop till ya Drop" at this years trade fair.

The approach you have outlined is get rid of all the underperformers and expose those players that are not yet in a position to contribute. Jamar is the main one....if we move him do you really want to rely on Martin full-time in ruck with Gawn still getting over a knee reco, spencer just not up to scratch and Fitzpatrick to light to play the role. Who would you replace him with???

Strauss is young as is Jetta yet you've said to get rid of both of them. Why? You've stated you would keep other young unproven players.

Green sounds like he's considering retiring so we may not need to worry about him.

My concerns with your approach is that it appears to give little consideration to team needs. You're suggesting we get rid of guys that have skills we need (Jetta's tackling pressure, Strauss's kicking, Petterd's versatility) with no consideration of who might be available. There's going to be a lot of players moving, but after accounting for the drafts (maybe 5-6 players) do you really think we'll be bringing possibly another 10 new players into the club. The free agency just won't create that much movement. In other systems where it is in place, rarely do you see such major changes in player personnel from one year to the next. I can't see it happening here.

I understand you were just stating the players you thought weren't going to be part of the premiership, but you don't just do a clean-out of all of them in one free agency period.

• Like 1