Time to talk at the "Trade Table"

gOLLy

Moloney : Should be able to get somthing for him

Dunn : Maybe a franchise side

Sylvia : Should get somthing

Davey : Straight out delist. Not even GWS would offer anything I wouldn't think

Bennel: Maybe somthing, Highly doubt it but never know.

Watts: Will get somthing for him. Cut our losses and gain somthing while we still can.

Jurrah: Will get somthing if he's not in jail. Not conviced. Must be the right deal tho.

Any other suggestions or or adding value to the debate would be good.

Dont bother posting if your gonna straight out slag players off

I don't hate anyone mate. These are players that are not performing for quite some time and not doing justice for the MFC. Like I said don't bother posting non constructive tripe

Moloney : Should be able to get somthing for him

Dunn : Maybe a franchise side

Sylvia : Should get somthing

Davey : Straight out delist. Not even GWS would offer anything I wouldn't think

Bennel: Maybe somthing, Highly doubt it but never know.

Watts: Will get somthing for him. Cut our losses and gain somthing while we still can.

Jurrah: Will get somthing if he's not in jail. Not conviced. Must be the right deal tho.

Any other suggestions or or adding value to the debate would be good.

Dont bother posting if your gonna straight out slag players off

Moloney free agent so very little trade value

Dunn is not an afl standard player in any team he should be delisted can't see anyone interested.

Davey keep on list IMO he's badly down on form but still has some footy left in him IMO

Watts is worth more to us then anyone else we have plenty of draft picks this year so it's pointless getting a draft pick. However for the sake of jack watts and the club if a potential trade that could be a win / win came up you would look at it have to be special though!

Sylvia is the great unknown you can bet your house that sydney would be seriously looking at him and could turn him into a star.

Jurrah all depends on court but he is a keeper!

And Bennel I would trade in a heart beat.

Surely bate will be on the table also not getting a fare go at dees IMO

Petterd and bail may have some currency also

Don't understand why you'd want to get rid of Jurrah if he's not in jail. He's one of the only players on our list capable of turning a game.

Trouble is his not doing it. We cant live on potential like we have. Iv'e just thrown it out there. I think his worth a good pick, and has great market value.

Trouble is his not doing it. We cant live on potential like we have. Iv'e just thrown it out there. I think his worth a good pick, and has great market value.

He's been injured all year (minus one game). He was our leading goal kicker last year despite not being in his best form and was sensational the year before. If we were to trade Jurrah I would seriously question the club's direction.

The upside for Jurrah and Watts is too big to trade. Neither is yet to play 50 games, it's crazy to talk trade.

The others don't give much value except for Silvia and maybe there is some trade value. It could be a win/ win, perhaps Col will play good football elsewhere and maybe another club will see enough in him.

Moloney is a free agent and as such can't be traded, the way he is playing at the moment and on future potential he will be lucky to get an offer from another club and we should seriously look at de listing him.

Moloney free agent so very little trade value

Moloney is a free agent and as such can't be traded, the way he is playing at the moment and on future potential he will be lucky to get an offer from another club and we should seriously look at de listing him.

Said it before and I'll say it again. Moloney is only a restricted free agent, so he still has value.

Even if he wants to walk to another team, as long as Melbourne can equal the money he's being offered, he'd have to go into the national or pre-season draft. It's only unrestricted free agents that hold no trade value.

For mine, if the ladder were to stay the same it is now, we'd have picks 1, 2, 13, 24, 43, 62 & 80.

Trade wise I'd be looking at:

Moloney & Pick 62 to Carlton for Ellard & Casboult. (Ellard to play as our crumbing forward, still young and can't get a reg game at Carlton due to Betts, Garlett, Yaran etc. Shown he can go through the midfield also, and he's a tough nut! Casboult reminds me of a young Dawes, big brute of a kid and I reckon he'll be a player and could be a future FF with Clark at CHF, well worth a punt for mine!)

Sylvia & Pick 2 to Port Adelaide for Boak and Pick 27. (We all know what Boak's capable of and he'd become our midfield gerneral in Moloney's absence. Throw some money at this kid Melbourne and get the job done, don't see how Geelong or Essendon can...)

Petterd & Pick 13 to Gold Coast for Prestia. (Don't know the likelyhood of it happening but I love Prestia and he's a Melbourne supporter, I know he's contracted but might want to come home. Give GC17 a talented local who hasn't reached his potential and a first round pick as compensation.

Delist: Bate, Bennell, Dunn, Green, MacDonald, Spencer.

We end up with Pick 1 (Lachie Whitfield), Pick 24 (Jack Viney), Pick 27 (Rory Atkins?) and Pick 43 (Lonergan maybe?) and Pick 1 in the PSD where I'd like to see us take a punt on Lachie Hansen (potential CHF and has played some good games in that role in the VFL this year).

I'd be looking to discard Davey also, but he's contracted and can't see another team being interested. Otherwsie looking at trading or delisting out some lazy players and other who just wont make it and bringing in some good young and physically competative players. Will take some aggresive trading and player chasing, but with our Scully compo picks within reach.

I can only dream.....

Not adding much value here but Neeld's style requires a certain style of player. Anyone not fitting that bill will be shopped or let go. I am not going to ientify individuals but expect a reaosnable change to the list between the end of this season and the start of 2012.

Guest José Mourinho

Moloney is a FREE AGENT.

If he doesn't stay (which he won't), then he goes for free to the team that acquires him, but we get a compo pick.

Now, to my knowledge, compensation is meant to be based on the contract and

Unfortunately Moloney ain't too bright and will be easily wooed, showing his hand early. He practically already has.

Meaning he'll be bought relatively cheaply. He can't play hard to get and bump up his price.

And this will affect the compo pick we get.

I doubt the B&F will mean much, although it should.

This year's B&F will hopefully be well after the trade period, so the fact he doesn't even get a top 10 ranking can't affect our compensation.

If we're smart, we'd produce David Hale as an example.

In the end though, I'm thinking end of first-round or after our 2nd round pick.

Since I want to use at least 5 picks in this draft, that will bump up our minimum last pick.

And it doesn't even take into account compensation for Jamar...

Said it before and I'll say it again. Moloney is only a restricted free agent, so he still has value.

Even if he wants to walk to another team, as long as Melbourne can equal the money he's being offered, he'd have to go into the national or pre-season draft. It's only unrestricted free agents that hold no trade value.

For mine, if the ladder were to stay the same it is now, we'd have picks 1, 2, 13, 24, 43, 62 & 80.

Trade wise I'd be looking at:

Moloney & Pick 62 to Carlton for Ellard & Casboult. (Ellard to play as our crumbing forward, still young and can't get a reg game at Carlton due to Betts, Garlett, Yaran etc. Shown he can go through the midfield also, and he's a tough nut! Casboult reminds me of a young Dawes, big brute of a kid and I reckon he'll be a player and could be a future FF with Clark at CHF, well worth a punt for mine!)

Sylvia & Pick 2 to Port Adelaide for Boak and Pick 27. (We all know what Boak's capable of and he'd become our midfield gerneral in Moloney's absence. Throw some money at this kid Melbourne and get the job done, don't see how Geelong or Essendon can...)

Petterd & Pick 13 to Gold Coast for Prestia. (Don't know the likelyhood of it happening but I love Prestia and he's a Melbourne supporter, I know he's contracted but might want to come home. Give GC17 a talented local who hasn't reached his potential and a first round pick as compensation.

Delist: Bate, Bennell, Dunn, Green, MacDonald, Spencer.

We end up with Pick 1 (Lachie Whitfield), Pick 24 (Jack Viney), Pick 27 (Rory Atkins?) and Pick 43 (Lonergan maybe?) and Pick 1 in the PSD where I'd like to see us take a punt on Lachie Hansen (potential CHF and has played some good games in that role in the VFL this year).

I'd be looking to discard Davey also, but he's contracted and can't see another team being interested. Otherwsie looking at trading or delisting out some lazy players and other who just wont make it and bringing in some good young and physically competative players. Will take some aggresive trading and player chasing, but with our Scully compo picks within reach.

I can only dream.....

I could be wrong, but if we match an offer made to Moloney aren't we obliged to keep him? i also think there is some compo with FA, but we get nothing if he walks to the draft. The only reason I can see to not let Moloney walk would be spite.

Davey and Sylvia are both contracted but I want them gone. I'd offer to pay some of their salaries if someone would take them off our hands.

Bate, Bennell, Dunn, Petterd, Jetta, Macdonald and Spencer could all be shopped around, you never know who might bite.

I'd like to see us go hard after free agents, we have cap space and they don't cost draft picks. We'll need to bring in at least 3 senior players and I'd even consider a GWS style move if a Black or someone of that caliber is delisted at years end.

Stkilda might look at spencer, but I think we need him even if it is just for depth, although neeld likes sellar in the ruck

Guest KingDingAling

Sylvia and Pick 2 to Port for Boak and 27 - ARE YOU OFF YOUR ROCKER!!!

- You want to give away pick 2 in whats touted as the strongest draft since the Judd draft,

to gain Boak, who isnt even in the elite bracket and most likely wont ever get there.

Crazy!

• Like 1

Guest KingDingAling

For whats its worth, Id let go Jamar, Moloney, Dunn, Bate.

Build a side around Clark and Jonest - they both have a crack and are our future.

Im not fussed if we keep Davey and Sylvia - as they both have X factor and if they were

to come good, it would add a lot.

As a ruck division next year, Id let Stef, Max and Fitz carry the load, they should be ready and its

what they were drafted for - if its not working, alternate Stef with Clark and see where the other 2 are at.

Letting Jamar and Moloney walk would free up cash for us to either trade a pick for a GUN player -

or chase a free agent.

Sylvia and Pick 2 to Port for Boak and 27 - ARE YOU OFF YOUR ROCKER!!!

- You want to give away pick 2 in whats touted as the strongest draft since the Judd draft,

to gain Boak, who isnt even in the elite bracket and most likely wont ever get there.

Crazy!

Seriously underated player outside of SA.

That's about what it would take to get him from Port. And if we finish last meaning we get Viney with a second round pick, it's not like we'd be loosing out.