The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

DC you simply have no appreciation of beautiful women.

BBO beautiful women wear blue and red

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire and coach Nathan Buckley have blamed a culture of "selfishness" for the club's failed 2013 campaign.

The Magpies were bundled out in the first week of the finals after a shock elimination final loss to Port Adelaide at the MCG.

The anger arising from such a disappointing season was evident in the key pair's addresses at the club's Copeland Trophy count at Crown on Friday night.

Maybe they lost because their coach and team are DH's.

• Like 2

COLLINGWOOD president Eddie McGuire and coach Nathan Buckley have blamed a culture of "selfishness" for the club's failed 2013 campaign.

The Magpies were bundled out in the first week of the finals after a shock elimination final loss to Port Adelaide at the MCG.

The anger arising from such a disappointing season was evident in the key pair's addresses at the club's Copeland Trophy count at Crown on Friday night.

Maybe they lost because their coach and team are DH's.

I think the problem is that Bucks is very much of the same mould of a person and coach as is Mark Neeld in that he's not connecting with all of his players and his match day strategies don't cut muster. The Pies under Buckley are at the crossroads.

• Like 1

I think the problem is that Bucks is very much of the same mould of a person and coach as is Mark Neeld in that he's not connecting with all of his players and his match day strategies don't cut muster. The Pies under Buckley are at the crossroads.

WJ, I think your analysis is sound and your turn of phrase is usually spot on, but "cut the muster" has me puzzled.

As luck would have it, the Deniliquin Ute muster is on this weekend, so you may just be being topical... :-)

I must say that as someone who has visited Deniliquin many times, but absolutely never for the muster, "cut the muster" sounds good to me.

How is this for a post with little content? :-)

I got this after googling:-

A seldom-used solecism closely related to the equally obscure 'cut the mustard'. Both are meant to convey the sense of something failing to reach an expected standard, but how did we end up with these expressions?

Interestingly enough, there is such a thing as 'cutting mustard': Mustard is a condiment made using finely-ground seeds, (from certain plants of the cabbage family). A knife which wasn't sufficiently sharp to grind the seeds finely enough couldn't "cut the mustard".

Following on from this, one school of thought discounts the "muster" phrase as the origin of "cut the mustard" for two reasons:

To "cut the muster" in military terms would mean to fail to attend the muster - definitely poor behaviour. The sense of the phrase is contrary to the accepted definition of "excellence" or "of a satisfactory standard".

There is no record of the phrase "cut the muster" ever being used in any context other than as a possible explanation for the phrase "cut the mustard"!

On the other hand: In defence of the "muster" argument, the related phrase "doesn't quite cut it" is sometimes used to refer to something below-standard or unacceptable: "Tommy's suggestion that spontaneous combustion caused the cat's tail to catch fire didn't quite cut it with his father".

Perhaps we'll never get to the bottom of this phrase's etymology!

I'm sure that's as clear as mud but please don't ask me what that solecism means :lol:

I've received word from Redleg whose ship made landfall at Valencia, Spain yesterday and he tells me that the first thing he did once he had Internet reception was to head straight over to Demonland where he noted with some disappointment that, apart from losing Colin Sylvia, the Dees have done bugger all so far in the recruiting stakes. I thought it would be cruel to tell him about Shannon Byrnes' contract extension but then I'm sure he'll read about it when his cruise ends at Barcelona later today our time.

I did have to break the news to him that a horse in which one of his mates has a modest share saluted at Flemington yesterday and paid $17.00. He was very impressed, particularly that nobody tipped him off or that there was no TAB at Marseilles where he could have gotten on if only he knew.

Anyway, he and Mrs. Redleg will soon be in Liverpool for their son Scoop Junior's wedding and the wife and I will be joining them. I'm hoping to get a seat at Sir Paul McCartney's table although his attendance has yet to be confirmed. The fact that he was never invited might have contributed to this fact.

• Like 1

I've received word from Redleg whose ship made landfall at Valencia, Spain yesterday and he tells me that the first thing he did once he had Internet reception was to head straight over to Demonland where he noted with some disappointment that, apart from losing Colin Sylvia, the Dees have done bugger all so far in the recruiting stakes. I thought it would be cruel to tell him about Shannon Byrnes' contract extension but then I'm sure he'll read about it when his cruise ends at Barcelona later today our time.

I did have to break the news to him that a horse in which one of his mates has a modest share saluted at Flemington yesterday and paid $17.00. He was very impressed, particularly that nobody tipped him off or that there was no TAB at Marseilles where he could have gotten on if only he knew.

Anyway, he and Mrs. Redleg will soon be in Liverpool for their son Scoop Junior's wedding and the wife and I will be joining them. I'm hoping to get a seat at Sir Paul McCartney's table although his attendance has yet to be confirmed. The fact that he was never invited might have contributed to this fact.

Thanks for rhe update, WJ, and I hope the trip and nuptials all go well. Just don't try to cut any mustard or musters while you are there :-)
  • Like 1

I got this after googling:-

I'm sure that's as clear as mud but please don't ask me what that solecism means :lol:

Now I am afraid to use either phrase, let alone ask what they mean ... :-)

That great news to me as Collingwood is number 1 on my hate list due to their supporters beating up one of our young players fathers a number of years ago.

Edited by TheBigFrog

Enjoy your trip but remeber the place is full of POMS so be careful.

or as barry humphries would say "the place is full of new australians"

You do know the reason why they are still English is they can not swim?

You do know the reason why they are still English is they can not swim?

they say the same thing about taswegians

Haha, that mate who has a modest share wouldn't be you by any chance would it, WJ?

they say the same thing about taswegians

LOL I know I was told tthis by a couple of them years ago

Hi guys, hello from Manchester. Robyn Van Persie says hello.

I am away for a few days and Sylvia leaves, Greg Healy leaves and a mates horse wins the Manifold Stakes. What is going on?

No good rumours for us ATM. Getting the feeling that FA may be a disaster against for the AFL. Don't think it will achieve what was hoped. The strong get stronger and the weak are further weakened. Well done AD.

We should go hell for leather to get the highest compo possible for Sylvia considering we got no PP.

Buddy and Tippett to a club that won a flag and get another million every year paid by the AFL is a disgrace when we get a million asa once off and it is the biggest deal ever according to the media and the other clubs. At the same time we get the sh.t timeslots and are condemned to mediocrity with no ability to earn real money. It is a disgrace. Even the Mancurians agree with me.

I am looking around for possible players but they are only good with a round ball.

Looking forward to seeing WJ soon and discussing the MFC.

Keep up the news guys, it is much appreciated by all Demonland readers.

• Like 2

Hi guys, hello from Manchester. Robyn Van Persie says hello.

I am away for a few days and Sylvia leaves, Greg Healy leaves and a mates horse wins the Manifold Stakes. What is going on?

No good rumours for us ATM. Getting the feeling that FA may be a disaster against for the AFL. Don't think it will achieve what was hoped. The strong get stronger and the weak are further weakened. Well done AD.

We should go hell for leather to get the highest compo possible for Sylvia considering we got no PP.

Buddy and Tippett to a club that won a flag and get another million every year paid by the AFL is a disgrace when we get a million asa once off and it is the biggest deal ever according to the media and the other clubs. At the same time we get the sh.t timeslots and are condemned to mediocrity with no ability to earn real money. It is a disgrace. Even the Mancurians agree with me.

I am looking around for possible players but they are only good with a round ball.

Looking forward to seeing WJ soon and discussing the MFC.

Keep up the news guys, it is much appreciated by all Demonland readers.

Did not OD and BB tell you the news?

During Trade week we managed to turn this thread into an Apple loving thread and you been traded to the Messendon Forums with BBO and Moon.

Hope you are enjoying your trip and the Wedding.

I really have to pay more attention over the weekends..lol :o

I really have to pay more attention over the weekends..lol :o

No vote was held bb and I think this is another case similar to CS trying to hi jack the MFC.

I vetoed the Trade.

It is still a confirmed Banana thread and yourself and Redleg are still foundation members.

What will TBF try next?

The way he swaps Avatars I suspect he will try changing the Dees back to Fuchsias.

• Like 2

No vote was held bb and I think this is another case similar to CS trying to hi jack the MFC.

I vetoed the Trade.

It is still a confirmed Banana thread and yourself and Redleg are still foundation members.

What will TBF try next?

The way he swaps Avatars I suspect he will try changing the Dees back to Fuchsias.

if this keeps up we will have to rename him TheBigFlog

Edited by daisycutter
  • Like 1

I vetoed the Trade.

What will TBF try next?

How about West Fuchsias?

I was only just speaking to the ex MFC recruitment manager Barry Prendergast about the trades and he thought they would be an excellent idea. So he made all the necessary arrangements as he has vast experience with this type of negotiations.

However there is still a chance we can get them back under the free Agency rules once they spent sufficient time in the Messendon Forums, which to me would only be 30 seconds.

Barry did say without this trade the Buddy (Sydney) deal would also be off if this trade did not happen. But there is some doubt if the AFL/ Uncle Vlad will approve this deal as he not sure that the Demonland Forum can lose three of its posting stars.

OD are you sure don't want the 9 minute for 10 banana deal as Sydney will be paying for it, as they are the only Club with money these days.

if this keeps up we will have to rename him TheBigFlog

Sorry DC but you spell it with an r not an l.

LOL

I would love to see the player payments list at the MFC.

I have spent the last few days watching successful clubs getting players or making bids for them.

I look at Freo, Richmond, Sydney, GWS, North etc and wonder how much we are paying to a large number who are not AFL standard.

If we are paying close to the cap then we are grossly over paying a large number.

• Like 1