The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

How long do I need to remain on "haven't posted in the Scully thread" wagon before I'm allowed to post in here? Or are obvious fence jumpers like rpfc and e25 welcomed with open arms?

We are an inclusive thread and welcome all, even the tempted. You will notice however that the creator of this thread has not yielded to temptation and nor will he. He may visit the evil thread from time to time but never will he contribute. Long live the Not a Scully Thread.

We are an inclusive thread and welcome all, even the tempted. You will notice however that the creator of this thread has not yielded to temptation and nor will he. He may visit the evil thread from time to time but never will he contribute. Long live the Not a Scully Thread.

and so say all of us

If you had the pick of the crop from the AFL after the season (hypothetical), to target a player who would address a need as well as leadership/purpose on field, who would it be ? And hypothetically what would you be prepared to give up in return ?

{thought I'd post this here rather than create a thread of it's own, given this thread covers banana's}

:)

If you had the pick of the crop from the AFL after the season (hypothetical), to target a player who would address a need as well as leadership/purpose on field, who would it be ? And hypothetically what would you be prepared to give up in return ?

{thought I'd post this here rather than create a thread of it's own, given this thread covers banana's}

Luke Hodge - tough midfielder, great leader and a weekly inspiration. I admire him more than any player in the competition. Hawks could have anyone not named Watts.

Interesting how Mitchell has flourished without the captaincy. Has Hodge been diminished by it?

Have to say the best captains come from within the group, any player who'd walk on their current club is automatically not captain material at new club (unless new club is on their knees , i.e. Carlton when Judd moved)... the MFCs next captain is at the club, question is who?

You have got to work with what you can get.

I would like to get a 27-30 year old (or a couple) pro who will command a spot for a couple of years and is a good leader to help fix our easily pleased culture. Example - Kane Cornes.

I would also like to target a 23-26 year old (or a couple) established player that can command a spot in the 22 - must have a good head. Example - Travis Boak.

I don't know if either is available, or who else might be but I would love to get a couple of both.

Agree rpfc, but not sure Cornes would demand a spot.

He's really a tagger, and the press has severely limited their impact on the game.

I'd give Sylvia & Morton for Boak & Cornes.

Probably even throw in our 1st round pick this year (weak draft).

He's really a tagger, and the press has severely limited their impact on the game.

Don't like our chances of landing Boak. I'd give Morton for Kane Cornes happily though. Reckon it would be a win win for both clubs and Cornes would have a role to play with us for a few years in the midfield. He'd be good with the clearances and it's always handy to have a tagger in the team despite the press making it harder for them.

You have got to work with what you can get.

I would like to get a 27-30 year old (or a couple) pro who will command a spot for a couple of years and is a good leader to help fix our easily pleased culture. Example - Kane Cornes.

I would also like to target a 23-26 year old (or a couple) established player that can command a spot in the 22 - must have a good head. Example - Travis Boak.

I don't know if either is available, or who else might be but I would love to get a couple of both.

I've given a bit of thought to it...ok, a lot then.

I 'liked' Nathan Fyfe, but then he extended his contract with Freo.

I like Sharrod Wellingham, Tom Rockliff, Sam Reid, Tyson Goldsack to name a few. I've considered ready made small forwards, but they're hard to come by - maybe a Todd Banfield. The Wellingham and Goldsack's of the footy world have been overshadowed by their bigger name teammates but they are very handy in their own right. Goldsack seems to have been on the cusp and is very handy, struggles to get a look in when Maxwell is up and about. Wellingham was excellent Queens Birthday with Swan and Thomas out. Quick reflexes and footy smart. I'm not sure on any of their contract status, but these are the type I think we need. Sam Reid is obviously is one to watch and would have to give up a bit in return - as with all four mentioned. Rockliff is hard at it and passionate about his game; demanding. Both of these latter two would be very hard to obtain - can't imagine their clubs letting them go.

Judd.

Interesting the bottom club in the league has apparently told Cornes he is not wanted.

Interesting the bottom club in the league has apparently told Cornes he is not wanted.

Assuming his body is ok, I think it might just be because he is 28 and they would like to rebuild.

But I know it doesn't look great when you are picking up players not wanted by teams that are not very good...

Which is why I don't think Warnock is going to get us a second round pick that a poster suggested he might...

I cannot believe we are talking about Cornes.

We have flung guys in the last few years that had more to give than him eg. our captain and Bruce last year.

The guy is past it.

If you cannot get a game at Port why the hell do we need him.

I cannot believe we are talking about Cornes.

We have flung guys in the last few years that had more to give than him eg. our captain and Bruce last year.

The guy is past it.

If you cannot get a game at Port why the hell do we need him.

That is why it is funny when we say we should trade one of our players who is not wanted and not getting a game and expect a great deal in return. Incidentally Cornes was still getting a game and is 6 years younger than Junior when we let him go. Lets not also forget Cornes is a premiership player and we don't have too many of them.

PS. Cornes is also 4 years younger than Bruce and goes a lot harder than him as well. Not saying we should go after him but he would get in our side as the hard bodied run with tagger.

Edited by Redleg

Any suggestions of players you might like on our list old55 ? (To either suit need, leadership need or two birds with one stone)

Fantasyland: Judd, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Goddard

Realityland: S.Thompson, Kelly, Sewell, K.Cornes

Top of my fantasyland list would be Hodge, Andrew Swallow or Matthew Boyd.

Sewell is a good one.

Luke Ball or Lenny Hayes would be good too.

Someone to just set the tone, basically show the endeavour of Bartram, mixed with a bit of leadership, and less diabolical skills.

I know I've said that we shouldn't have picked up Ball in the draft, but I think the timing was wrong when he was available.

To bring someone like that into the side now, would really help.

Someone to just set the tone, basically show the endeavour of Bartram, mixed with a bit of leadership, and less diabolical skills.

I really like Clint Bartram but unfortunately his disposal skills don't fit into a good AFL team.