The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

15 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

At the risk of a ban for racism 

I must say, what a bunch of whinging [censored] ants the pommy bastards are !

Every club or park cricketer knows you wait for the call of “over” before you wander down the pitch

FMD !!!

I’m now putting them on the same level as the the filth

That's not racism so you can relax, with a shiraz from the cask.

Bairstow was trying to do the same thing on day 3 and run out our batsmen.

McCullum the English Coach, said he wouldn't have a beer with the Aussies and was reminded when he ran out Murali, who walked up the pitch to shake the hand of his batting partner, who had just scored a ton. Play had stopped.

McCullum sheepishly said he regretted that.

MCC members abusing their privilege of having the cricketers walking through their long room, should feel ashamed. These privilged tools should be setting the example, not acting acting like drunken ferals.

GAGF is probably my most articulate reply at the moment.

• Like 3
  • Clap 2

43 minutes ago, Redleg said:

That's not racism so you can relax, with a shiraz from the cask.

Bairstow was trying to do the same thing on day 3 and run out our batsmen.

McCullum the English Coach, said he wouldn't have a beer with the Aussies and was reminded when he ran out Murali, who walked up the pitch to shake the hand of his batting partner, who had just scored a ton. Play had stopped.

McCullum sheepishly said he regretted that.

MCC members abusing their privilege of having the cricketers walking through their long room, should feel ashamed. These privilged tools should be setting the example, not acting acting like drunken ferals.

GAGF is probably my most articulate reply at the moment.

Despite Australia acting within the rules and in spite of all the hypocritical in-hindsight whinging spewing from the English players and their coach, I think there was a great opportunity lost by Australia in this whole episode. Australia don’t have the greatest reputation for fair play - think sandpaper gate and underarm bowling as two prime examples. Given this was an Ashes test, at the very home of cricket, Cummins, and this Australian team, would have covered themselves in glory if Bairstow had been recalled, and our reputation under this new Cummins reign would have been enhanced no matter the outcome of the game. 
I have to admit that watching it live, the dismissal did not sit well with me.  

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

36 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Despite Australia acting within the rules and in spite of all the hypocritical in-hindsight whinging spewing from the English players and their coach, I think there was a great opportunity lost by Australia in this whole episode. Australia don’t have the greatest reputation for fair play - think sandpaper gate and underarm bowling as two prime examples. Given this was an Ashes test, at the very home of cricket, Cummins, and this Australian team, would have covered themselves in glory if Bairstow had been recalled, and our reputation under this new Cummins reign would have been enhanced no matter the outcome of the game. 

Didn’t sit well with me but it’s great seeing the Pot calling the Kettle black.

Twitter out showing Bairstow stumping a guy in 2014 and being proud of it, saying he copied the English keeper who did it at Lords in a Test match. 

• Like 2

The Poms are no Angels.... theyre simply miffed because it was THEM and not US..or another.  Like a spolit brat theyre just embarrassed so start wailing.  Quite entertaining.

Let he without sin cast the first stone............

Crickets from the English..........

5 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

FMD Neil !!!! 
Romanticism 

[censored] the pommy bastards long and hard !

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

FMD Neil !!!! 
Romanticism 

[censored] the pommy bastards long and hard !

What annoyed me the most was Broad doing that silly exaggerated grounding of his bat until the over was called. Once was bad enough, but he did it repeatedly and was asking Carey if it was ok, as in, can I now leave my crease? He was picked up on the stump mic saying to Carey “you know this is all you’ll be remembered for, right?” Per-leeeez. 🙄 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

It didn’t sit well with me either, NC. But nor does a mankad. Not without a couple of warnings anyways. The thing is though, can you imagine the brouhaha had Bairstow been recalled and they ended up with the win? Besides, he’s their wicket keeper… he should know better than to leave his crease prematurely. Moreover, he’s attempted this dismissal before with either Usman or Marnus, I can’t remember who. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

It didn’t sit well with me either, NC. But nor does a mankad. Not without a couple of warnings anyways. The thing is though, can you imagine the brouhaha had Bairstow been recalled and they ended up with the win? Besides, he’s their wicket keeper… he should know better than to leave his crease prematurely. Moreover, he’s attempted this dismissal before with either Usman or Marnus, I can’t remember who. 

Thanks WCW, i know all the reasons why he didn't get recalled, and I also understand the backlash Cummins probably would have received from some quarters in Australia if he had been recalled and we'd lost. However, i think Cummins' decision enraged Ben Stokes in particular, and because of this, I very much doubt we would have seen his magnificent innings - which would have been a tragedy - had Bairstow been recalled.

I also think the boys are going to be in for a very hard time next test, both in the way the Poms will play it, and how the supporters will react to our team. I certainly hope we win this test convincingly for our own sake. However, it will not surprise me if we actually lose this test.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neil Crompton said:

Thanks WCW, i know all the reasons why he didn't get recalled, and I also understand the backlash Cummins probably would have received from some quarters in Australia if he had been recalled and we'd lost. However, i think Cummins' decision enraged Ben Stokes in particular, and because of this, I very much doubt we would have seen his magnificent innings - which would have been a tragedy - had Bairstow been recalled.

I also think the boys are going to be in for a very hard time next test, both in the way the Poms will play it, and how the supporters will react to our team. I certainly hope we win this test convincingly for our own sake. However, it will not surprise me if we actually lose this test.  

And it will make beat those whinging bastards even sweeter.

Interesting the person saying the least. Bairstow. He knew he [censored] up...  but too much of a snivelling wimp to say so... just letting his numnut team mates to slag off.

What a bunch of clowns

• Like 2

I love this photo. Bairstow still inside the crease, the ball already on its way to the stumps  and stupid Bairstow wanders off without looking where the ball is. I  don't think a junior cricketer in Australia would ever be so stupid. FB_IMG_1688619467493.thumb.jpg.a3e38052278a748209074b5c5a9de4c4.jpg

Edited by ManDee
Ball clearly still in play.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ManDee said:

I love this photo. Bairstow still inside the crease, the ball already on its way to the stumps  and stupid Bairstow wanders off without looking where the ball is. I  don't think a junior cricketer in Australia would ever be so stupid. FB_IMG_1688619467493.thumb.jpg.a3e38052278a748209074b5c5a9de4c4.jpg

Dead man walking.....

• Like 1

This from Stuart Broad........"That's all you'll ever be remembered for," he told Carey.

Doesn't get any more ironic.

UP there with Bill Gates writing a book about solving climate change .

Edited by leave it to deever

On 7/5/2023 at 10:14 PM, WalkingCivilWar said:

What annoyed me the most was Broad doing that silly exaggerated grounding of his bat until the over was called. Once was bad enough, but he did it repeatedly and was asking Carey if it was ok, as in, can I now leave my crease? He was picked up on the stump mic saying to Carey “you know this is all you’ll be remembered for, right?” Per-leeeez. 🙄 

What annoys me is Broad's headband from the Eighties.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

What annoys me is Broad's headband from the Eighties.

Right??? He looks like a tennis player from the 80s. Also, after each over he bowls he puts his cap on without removing the knotted headband and the cap doesn’t sit properly and it’s only a little thing but it drives me to distraction. 

My recent tour through the outback led me to reminisce on the good old days in our fine country.

In particular, seeing a few old church halls and " Mechanic's Institutes " where many a dance, engagement party or other community event took place  made me remember that famous ( and very important ) decree , "Ladies bring a plate "

There was a very clear social order in the good old days. Blokes drank beer and sheilas made lamingtons. Nowadays things are very confused. Even a simple a simple request like asking a sheila to hop it to the fridge and get get you another coldie is considered offensive in some circles.

Which, as an aside, makes me wonder what  the sheilas who post on this thread would provide if asked to "bring a plate".

For the purposes of personal safety, however, I'd put that request in writing rather than  face to face)

I gather from @WalkingCivilWar 's posts, that she can barely boil water - so no chance of a decent feed there. @Lucifers Hero often mentions wine, so she might bring a decent shiraz.

Arrrh ..... the good old days !!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 1
  • Thinking 1

On 7/5/2023 at 1:43 PM, Redleg said:

Didn’t sit well with me but it’s great seeing the Pot calling the Kettle black.

Twitter out showing Bairstow stumping a guy in 2014 and being proud of it, saying he copied the English keeper who did it at Lords in a Test match. 

The batsman is the stiffest batsman ever being gotten out  by that butter fingered drop kick ,how many chances has he missed in 3 tests?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

My recent tour through the outback led me to reminisce on the good old days in our fine country.

In particular, seeing a few old church halls and " Mechanic's Institutes " where many a dance, engagement party or other community event took place  made me remember that famous ( and very important ) decree , "Ladies bring a plate "

There was a very clear social order in the good old days. Blokes drank beer and sheilas made lamingtons. Nowadays things are very confused. Even a simple a simple request like asking a sheila to hop it to the fridge and get get you another coldie is considered offensive in some circles.

Which, as an aside, makes me wonder what  the sheilas who post on this thread would provide if asked to "bring a plate".

For the purposes of personal safety, however, I'd put that request in writing rather than  face to face)

I gather from @WalkingCivilWar 's posts, that she can barely boil water - so no chance of a decent feed there. @Lucifers Hero often mentions wine, so she might bring a decent shiraz.

I’d bring a plate… an empty one. 😁

And I’ll have you know, I CAN cook. It’s just that I don’t like cooking, nor am I any good at it. I’ve burnt the arze outta more pots than I care to remember. And there was that one time I set the kitchen on fire (true story).

Anyways, that’s what Maccas and KFC and HJs are for. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Shocked 1

27 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

Was brought up in that wonderful era everyone had a place and knew where it was,due respect to all equals happiness.Went out with a nice drop one night ,married her,her nick name became stubbies as she always carried my stubbies for me .ah great days

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 2

7 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

I’d bring a plate… an empty one. 😁

And I’ll have you know, I CAN cook. It’s just that I don’t like cooking, nor am I any good at it. I’ve burnt the arze outta more pots than I care to remember. And there was that one time I set the kitchen on fire (true story).

Anyways, that’s what Maccas and KFC and HJs are for. 

Whats a HJs

31 minutes ago, forever demons said:

Whats a HJs

HJ = Hungry Jack’s (on this occasion anyways)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, doc roet said:

My mother in law having not long arrived in Australia from Holland in the 70's did just that.

Took an empty plate to a gathering. 

My grandma had a similar misunderstanding, when she first arrived in Australia.  She told her husband not to eat the passionfruit pavlova because of all the "flies" on it 😂

• Haha 5