The No T$ No B$ Thread

Redleg

thinking of taking gs (5yo) too, od

but with gp on close by i'm wondering about parking

anyone have any idea on parking?

park a few tram stops away and catch tram?

Park out the back of the Gat.

I will keep an eye on it.

Otherwise.Safeway in Acland St has a magnificent car park right near the Said park of LUNACY,

off Shakespeare Gve.

Which you may know.

Park out the back of the Gat.

I will keep an eye on it.

Otherwise.Safeway in Acland St has a magnificent car park right near the Said park of LUNACY,

off Shakespeare Gve.

Which you may know.

DC better pack the steering lock and wheel clamps if you park near the Gat. Hope you are not driving anything fancy?

No matter how much I squinted dc I would know that I was amongst the frightful supporter group

any interest in basketball?

I used to follow the Tigers, back in the days of Gaze and Copeland, and the classic battles with the Magic. Some fond memories of the '93 and '97 finals. Once Gazer retired I gradually lost interest, which was probably around the time the NBL jumped the shark ...

I used to follow the Tigers, back in the days of Gaze and Copeland, and the classic battles with the Magic. Some fond memories of the '93 and '97 finals. Once Gazer retired I gradually lost interest, which was probably around the time the NBL jumped the shark ...

Great days R and b at the time I was enjoying it as much as the great MFC days.

Instead of going with my father I had my daughter along.

I know I am a one team person the Dees and the Tigers .

I will be off to a few games this winter to see the Tigers in the Big V.

Great days R and b at the time I was enjoying it as much as the great MFC days.

Instead of going with my father I had my daughter along.

I know I am a one team person the Dees and the Tigers .

I will be off to a few games this winter to see the Tigers in the Big V.

Good on you, OD. I really think the NBL threw away a lot of support by not continuing with the Tigers. Unlike many NBL clubs, they have a real connection to the basketball community and a lot of junior teams, and hence a large supporter base, many of whom will feel like you and not want a bar of an artificial team like Melbourne United.

Good on you, OD. I really think the NBL threw away a lot of support by not continuing with the Tigers. Unlike many NBL clubs, they have a real connection to the basketball community and a lot of junior teams, and hence a large supporter base, many of whom will feel like you and not want a bar of an artificial team like Melbourne United.

Simple fact there is no connection, different name, different colours.

Little connection to the past.

As you suggest for every new supporter they picked up there was another like me who dropped off.

I feel no connection to United.

Interesting that over the last decade as the Dees spiralled to irrelevancy I have got a lot more enjoyment watching second and third tier sport.

There is no TV so you have to go.

Perhaps I just hunger for a simpler time but I really enjoy being close to the action something that is totally missing in AFL

No matter how much I squinted dc I would know that I was amongst the frightful supporter group

any interest in basketball?

What is Basketball?

Clark, 5 goals and Cats best.

Its only the Pre season comp Red and he did had a long time to prepare for the game.

:):):):)

• Like 1

Brief update.

Still off durries{mmm i cant believe it either}

Brain doctors are about as good as witch doctors or the drunken mole down the pub reading tea cups.

I really need footy season to start,or a drunken spree with a loose woman.

Brief update.

Brain doctors are about as good as witch doctors or the drunken mole down the pub reading tea cups.

Glad to hear you are still off the smokes. Keep on not believing! :) I would ask about your experience with tea cup readers, but on reflection I am not sure I want to know ..

As for the footy, MFCSS is in full swing after the NAB game on some other threads.

No Issues OD

Over in the West we still have Carnarvon

No Issues OD

Over in the West we still have Carnarvon

DFrog not anymore. Cyclone Olwyn has taken out all the banana trees in Carnarvon! What price for a banana now?

DFrog not anymore. Cyclone Olwyn has taken out all the banana trees in Carnarvon! What price for a banana now?

NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6320122-3x2-700x467.jpg

Edited by DemonFrog

Price of smoothies will go through the roof.

Today I had a banana thick shake, because I can no longer afford smoothies.

YUM!!!!!!!!!!

:wub::wub::wub::wub:

[censored] !!!! Just when I thought you were getting away from speaking Westralian!!

Fl og

Keep up the good work big fella.

Someone needs to keep the standard of posts to a higher level.

If only I could live in a land called Westralia, and my AFL team could win more then four games in one season, I would die a happy man.

DC better pack the steering lock and wheel clamps if you park near the Gat. Hope you are not driving anything fancy?

Better still, just take the steering wheel and 4 tyres with you. Leave the car up on blocks. And run your keys around all sides of the car. Then it will look no different to any other local car.

Brief update.

Jazza.

I assume you mean in town.

but if you wish to stay at home on your spree then I can organise travel for my staff.

I'm told I have fantastic tour guide potential and my extensive knowledge of rural victoria means we might have to take the Gat to the country.

Biffen got me again (great mistakes repeated)

I reluctantly accepted an offer from "I know Ballarat like the back of my hand" Biffen to attend the footy with him.

We arrived by train and, acting on Biffen's advice, bypassed the taxis and strode to the nearest public house. Followed by the next nearest....

"The ground's only 5 minutes from here",quoth Biffen. Well after a 10 minute taxi trip we arrived 10 minutes after the start. I had forgotten my member's ticket so Biffen took cash off me, grabbed a nearby child and purchased a family ticket. True story.

I seemed to be buying most of the necessary liquid supplements while Biffen stood and displayed his tweed jacket. Yes Tweed Jacket! It was obviously stolen from an opp shop but Biffen claimed it made him look sophisticated when worn over his stained Tshirt. True story. I have to say the sunshine did nothing for his other hygiene issues either.

In a weak (insane) moment I had agreed to "shout" dinner. Again Biffen's rat cunning shone through. Normally Biffen finds the cheapest and sleaziest establishments in which to dine. However, on this occasion, he directed us (via taxi for which I paid) to a half decent place with bloated menu and wine prices.

Then he had the audacity to order the most expensive bottle of wine on the list. Quickly followed by another of which large amounts were dribbled onto the aforementioned Tshirt.

I had shown the foresight to arrange a driver for my return journey. However, as I was a little tired by the evening's closure, Biffen inveigled himself into my vehicle and directed my driver to his establishment.

I could forgive the fact that it was clearly premises for illicit purposes but taking us a lazy 100 k out of the way was a bit much. True Story

• Like 1

It is a bitter wind that does nothing for no one.Or words to that effect.

Now whilst I must take some blame for absent mindfulness in forgetting my wallet as well as the map of Ballarat and the tickets ,

it is lucky i was able to keep BBo on an even keel by directing him to many of the Historical Public houses ye Olde Ballaarat has to offer.

Our meandering journey traced steps taken by many a digger in search of fortune and beer , and we were no exception.

BBo himself became whimsical as our historical journey ended and we made it to beautiful Wendouree ,the home or true Ballarat culture and Style.

BBO insisted on paying for everything and was in fine form I am pleased to report and i was pleased to be able to negotiate on his behalf with the fine people of Ballarat,and the bogans of Wendouree.

As the day progressed and a Demon victory looked a certainty ,Bitter drifted back down memory lane and into his perverted old self as he discussed the beauty of some of our younger members,one in particular who did not mind the leering and accidental bumps from behind that occured from nowhere and often caused the spilling of beer.

I must say she did have lovely denim shorts on ,as did a few of our junior female supporters, which I applaud.

Years ago ,I am told ,it was nearly culturally acceptable to sample the material of these shorts by hand .Sadly ,for Bitters ,those days have passed.

As the match deteriorated ,we too began to wilt and BBo managed some beautiful shepherding of two old ladies in footscray colours whilst I borrowed a child to help us steal a cab (one of the only 2 in town). Fourty Eight bucks later and we had made our reservation on time ,the wine ,beautifully decanted, awaiting us.

I had taken the liberty of ordering the 8 course degustation menu as a treat for BBO and although he probably wont thank me now ,in time I am sure he will appreciate the cultural growth I have engendered in him.

• Like 1