Tom Scully

Rogue

Oh come ON! Get your bloody hand off it...

She's "very well connected"... My god!

Look, who would they be hearing it from? Who would be the best person to hear it from? Who could it possibly be, who she is "connected to", that would know?

Besides Scully himself, who wouldn't run and tell anyone.

Eddie? Hutchy? Damien bloody Barret??

I doubt Scully's manager/agent would be blabbing it all over town, because it would be his job to keep it quiet from the media.

So someone from GWS? Gubby Allen maybe?

Jeez, he wouldn't have a vested interest in spreading these rumours, would he?

It's been said many times, but there would be very few people that would actually know either way.

On Scully's side, they'd be wanting to keep it secret.

On the GWS side, they have a conflict of interest, so can't be trusted.

Same with the media.

So you can run and tell THAT, homeboy!

It's amazing how each time someone hears a rumour it's somehow more credible than the last one isn't it?

There's only one party who would even know and has an interest in this getting out one way or the other, and that party is being driven by a serial liar.

I suppose it might register some time.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come ON! Get your bloody hand off it...

She's "very well connected"... My god!

Look, who would they be hearing it from? Who would be the best person to hear it from? Who could it possibly be, who she is "connected to", that would know?

Besides Scully himself, who wouldn't run and tell anyone.

Eddie? Hutchy? Damien bloody Barret??

I doubt Scully's manager/agent would be blabbing it all over town, because it would be his job to keep it quiet from the media.

So someone from GWS? Gubby Allen maybe?

Jeez, he wouldn't have a vested interest in spreading these rumours, would he?

It's been said many times, but there would be very few people that would actually know either way.

On Scully's side, they'd be wanting to keep it secret.

On the GWS side, they have a conflict of interest, so can't be trusted.

Same with the media.

So you can run and tell THAT, homeboy!

Just reporting what I saw Artie.

And Caro Wilson is very well connected. Who are you kidding?

I thought Gaz Lyon's reaction was the most telling of the lot.

Guest Artie Bucco

Hahaha Garry? Really? He's probably as sick of talking sense as I am, because fools and rumour-mongers refuse to listen.

And you're more than reporting was you saw - you're reading into it.

That's what it means when you say you think something was "telling".

It's not brain science.

Hahaha Garry? Really? He's probably as sick of talking sense as I am, because fools and rumour-mongers refuse to listen.

And you're more than reporting was you saw - you're reading into it.

That's what it means when you say you think something was "telling".

It's not brain science.

Okay E25.

Guest Artie Bucco

No worries R37.

Not the most convincing way to argue your point, but I can understand seeing as your point was so weak to begin with.

Amended Press Statement (if this is true)

"Grant Thomas will be the first to know, caro will be the second to know, and MFC will be third to know."

On a serious note, this is a big roll of the dice by the powers that be, cos if gw (cradle) snatchers and gc sunset don't get flags with their first window the tide which comes in will surely go out, and the careerist footballers will get mopped up by free agency down the track, right back to the states they came from.

imagine if he did stay

all the egg on the 'reliable' journalists' faces that claimed he was gone

But that's the thing - there will be no egg because there are no repercussions.

What happens if they are all wrong?

Nothing.

So what's to stop all these journos spreading these constant and, mostly contradictory, rumours?

Nothing.

The GWS want this - they want the perception out there that they are getting high profile players to attract sponsors, members, and high profile players.

Gubby Allan has no problem rolling over on friends of his and that is what he is doing once again.

Tom hasn't signed anything, and he won't until he re-signs with the Dees in October.

I'm over the this. Every footy article & every footy show rehashes the same rumours. It somehow become news worthy again becasue they've heard the rumour again from a new "reliable source".

Where there is smoke their is fire and if you cant see the smoke the you've got your head in the clouds (where everything looks like smoke/clouds). Im at the point where i think i'll conceed that he is gone so that if he doesnt go its a bonus

Where there is smoke their is fire and if you cant see the smoke the you've got your head in the clouds (where everything looks like smoke/clouds).

Yeah, where there is smoke there is fire, and where there is someone calling Tom a liar...

Im at the point where i think i'll conceed that he is gone so that if he doesnt go its a bonus

Pessimistic optimist.

Classic MFC supporter.

Expect the worst so whatever happens, you are not disappointed.

Understandable.

He hasn't signed anything because he told us that - and he will stay because 'why would anyone want to leave Serenity?'

Can't think of a reason.

Thomas and Caro have no reliable sources. Anyone that actually knows the future of Tom would never say anything to anyone in the media. In the end the journalists have spoken to someone at Gws who think because they are going to make an unbelievable offer that he will sign. the journalists think because Ablett signed so will tom. They have a 50/50 chance in being right and will gloat massively if he does saying that they knew before everyone else and if he doesnt that he changed his mind after saying yes!!!

For what its worth a good friend of many years is a player manager at a rival company and has said he has no idea about Scully (i ask him every couple of days) He reckons no one in the know would mention anything to journalists but they wouldn't mind a little media talk to bump up hs price. But from his end of players there has been no interest in GWS as there were a lot more players willing to talk to Gold Coast. He feels not many will sign with GWS and this is the reason they are starting to come up with such huge offers. He also states due to confidentiality he nor any other managers can talk about specific players which makes it even more strange that people are saying that Scully is gone.

I still do not believe that he has gone and struggle to believe that he will go, however, he may have comitted since his press conference.

Correct me if I am wrong but he can verbally commit but cannot sign anything yet. He may have told his management that he will take the GWS at the end of the year hence the reason some in the media say that he is gone.

It would be very unusual for so many of the media to all be wrong about an issue. Then again perhaps GWS are just doing a great spin job to them all? Lets hope so.

Yeah, where there is smoke there is fire, and where there is someone calling Tom a liar...

I think its very noble of you to be flying the "Saint Tom" flag, and i hope you are right, but just imagine for a second that maybe he has been deceptive? I know the kid has been given some great character references but this is probably the biggest decision he has had to make is his life. He's in a very difficult situation where if he has signed a in principal agreement or similar, to come forward and admit it to the club and his team mates would be huge; He would be letting so many people down. If he has signed and isn’t able to deal with it with 100% honestly and transparency i wouldn’t be surprised - even for such a great kid it would be such a hard situation to come clean about?

I have no experence in the following example but i would guess its a awkwardly similar situation; It would be like having a relationship with your best mates missus. You wouldnt be able to look your mate in the face and tell him until they had broken up and you were an item. Even then it would be tough to deal with. If scully has signed with GWS, i cant imagine him telling Jimmy or Schwaby or the players until he is wearing a Orange and Grey polo doing a press conference with Sheedy at the end of the season. On the flip side, if he has nothing to hide there is absolutley no reason not to put pen to paper. I'm sure MFC have offered him some pretty attractive contract packages allready so i cant imagine that waiting another couple of months until the end of the year will change much.

This is all hypothetical of course but there are alternatives that are possible other than him signing another contract with the Dees. I think you should atleast consider them?

was it Scully or Ward that they said had a birthday party and hardly any of his team mates were actually there? I kind of missed the start of that..but faily sure they said it was Scully

did anyone see in the herald sun that Davey and another 'young leader of the club' (maybe Grimes or Jones I am guessing?) plan to sit down with Scully and confront him about what he is thinking, etc? If so, that is a great idea.. worth a shot!

Guest Artie Bucco

I didn't hear it in entirety, but I did hear Garry Lyon fiercely defending Tom against accusations of being "aloof."

I think its very noble of you to be flying the "Saint Tom" flag, and i hope you are right, but just imagine for a second that maybe he has been deceptive? I know the kid has been given some great character references but this is probably the biggest decision he has had to make is his life. He's in a very difficult situation where if he has signed a in principal agreement or similar, to come forward and admit it to the club and his team mates would be huge; He would be letting so many people down. If he has signed and isn’t able to deal with it with 100% honestly and transparency i wouldn’t be surprised - even for such a great kid it would be such a hard situation to come clean about?

I have no experence in the following example but i would guess its a awkwardly similar situation; It would be like having a relationship with your best mates missus. You wouldnt be able to look your mate in the face and tell him until they had broken up and you were an item. Even then it would be tough to deal with. If scully has signed with GWS, i cant imagine him telling Jimmy or Schwaby or the players until he is wearing a Orange and Grey polo doing a press conference with Sheedy at the end of the season. On the flip side, if he has nothing to hide there is absolutley no reason not to put pen to paper. I'm sure MFC have offered him some pretty attractive contract packages allready so i cant imagine that waiting another couple of months until the end of the year will change much.

This is all hypothetical of course but there are alternatives that are possible other than him signing another contract with the Dees. I think you should atleast consider them?

Yes, all hypothetical.

1/ He hasn't signed anything with GWS or spoken with them. Source: TS.

2/ If GWS speaks with him, his club will be the first to know. Source: TS.

3/ MFC have not put a new contract to him. Because all contract negotiations and signing of contracts will take place at season's end. Source: TS & MFC & Velocity Sports (Ts's management). - As stated 10/11 months ago.

4/ There is still 1/3rd of the season remaining, enough time to produce good form and increase the chances of a larger slice of the pie for his new contract.

5/ Tom loves Melbourne.

6/ Believe in him.

7/ Enough said.

8/ No more contributions to this thread for me. I've broken my promise. Again.

9/ Keep flying the flag rpfc.

10/ Believe in rpfc.

PS.

11/ Up yours Gubby Allen.

I didn't hear it in entirety, but I did hear Garry Lyon fiercely defending Tom against accusations of being "aloof."

Yes. I reckon he'd know having met him. Thomas on the other hand....

was it Scully or Ward that they said had a birthday party and hardly any of his team mates were actually there? I kind of missed the start of that..but faily sure they said it was Scully

Yes. It was only a 20th ! I found this astounding by Thomas. Is he on Gubbys pay roster ? His birthday was nearly two months ago fcs.

For my 20th I reckon I had my parents my brother, sister and a girlfriend at the time go out for dinner.

And I thought Hutchy and Barrett were pathetic...Thomas takes the cake.

To be perfectly honest, this post says more about you than Tom.

I guess that's true for all our posts on this hypothetical-ridden thread.

He's a kid, a very honest kid from my eyes, and I don't see him as the cold a calculating bastard as many on here allude to him being.

I believe in the kid and my club's ability to keep a great talent who has not signed anything.

Yes, all hypothetical.

1/ He hasn't signed anything with GWS or spoken with them. Source: TS.

2/ If GWS speaks with him, his club will be the first to know. Source: TS.

3/ MFC have not put a new contract to him. Because all contract negotiations and signing of contracts will take place at season's end. Source: TS & MFC & Velocity Sports (Ts's management). - As stated 10/11 months ago.

4/ There is still 1/3rd of the season remaining, enough time to produce good form and increase the chances of a larger slice of the pie for his new contract.

5/ Tom loves Melbourne.

6/ Believe in him.

7/ Enough said.

8/ No more contributions to this thread for me. I've broken my promise. Again.

9/ Keep flying the flag rpfc.

10/ Believe in rpfc.

PS.

11/ Up yours Gubby Allen.

again, it all comes down to the presumption that Scully has been in no way deceptive. I hope this is the case, but i'm happy to atleast consider the alternatives and brace myself for life post Scully...

Call it the outlook of typical MFC supporter if you like, but IMO its just a balanced way of looking at things.

Reasons for believing Scully is staying

His family are in melbourne

He did a press conference which alluded to him wanting to stay

He has always said he would discuss contracts at the end of the year so no reason to be alarmed

Promising list of players at MFC

rpfc is sure about it and he is the gospel on all things MFC

reasons for being sceptical about Scully staying

ONCE IN A LIFE TIME CASH or ~ 7 million over 6 years

If he wanted to sign with the club he could have allready

The club wanted to negotiate with him earlier in the season but he has been putting them off

He has been linked with a GWS "done deal" by many varied sources since the start of the season

Draft concessions / player poaching could set up GWS for success, not dissimilar to MFC list?

Potential to forge a culture with a young list - break away from the percevied issues with MFC's leadership group / team culture (which he is rumoured to be unhappy with)

Money talks....