Morton being looked at by other clubs

dees189227

He's playing like a frustrated player....the injuries he's had during the past two pre-seasons have interupted him. I read an interview once saying he's never had any major injuries before.

We are up to round 9...someone needs to tap him on the shoulder and remind him his footy is passing him by....get on with it cale

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe he said him and cotchin were equal 1st

great call scotty :mellow:

Morton's got the potential to be a better player than Cotchin, whether he uses his "tools", puts on some size and has the determination to do so is yet to be seen however..

Morton's got the potential to be a better player than Cotchin, whether he uses his "tools", puts on some size and has the determination to do so is yet to be seen however..

I'm under no illusions that Morton might be a fantastic player at another club... because we have proven time and again that we can't produce topline players due to the fact we have no money and a rubbish culture. Very hard to pin it on individuals and their attitudes etc when they are part of organisation with a track record for failure

Huge call that. I rate Cotchin very highly. The Tiggers are jumping up & down about Dusty Martin (& rightfully so) but I think Cotchin will be the better player.

To suggest Morton has the potential to surpass Cotchin, while I hope you're right, seems overly optimistic.

Huge call that. I rate Cotchin very highly. The Tiggers are jumping up & down about Dusty Martin (& rightfully so) but I think Cotchin will be the better player.

To suggest Morton has the potential to surpass Cotchin, while I hope you're right, seems overly optimistic.

I say it in the context that Morton has physical attributes, mainly in the height department that on a level playing field makes Morton a much more valuable player to a side than Cotchin - more versatile, can play all over the ground. He also has a big engine, pity it only seems to puff slowly along the railway tracks most of the time...

There's no doubting at this stage that Cotchin is head and shoulders above Morton playing ability wise, hence the reason I said "if" Morton can get his mind and body to where it needs to be, he could be as valuable as an Adam Goodes to Sydney or Brenden Goddard to St Kilda.....VERY wishful thinking I know...

More important is the name Jon Ralph who just wrote a useless nothing pathetic article for the umpteenth time. how many times do you read the headline of his articles and there is nothing just no substance whatsoever in the article ?

anyway I think we are doing the right thing by Morton and letting him develop on his weaknesses finally. Does beg the question why he is so behind in tackling etc after 50 AFL games. his tank and height, reach etc should be a nightmare for the opposition if he was tackling, but alas not.

right know we have a young Cam Bruce with better kicking skills, maybe we can get it right this time around and teach him how to influence games.

Edited by Bay Riffin

Is he really that good...or is this what was puported very early on adn weve gone with it on the back of some good performances , though more cameo than consistently ongoing ? Itrs a question.

He can play footy, he is very talented, in the sense that he has all the qualities , yet Ive never seen him impact or moderately influence a game yet.

Hes not a munchkin but doesnt play anywhere near his size. He reminds me a little at times of our great RF but its only in glimpses.

Hes had 3 times the games that Bail has yet Bail imposes himself ( very stealthily ) on games..Cale doesnt

I just dont think we get the full return from this bloke..

So I suppose as some ask...why ??

Gotch never said he had "no motivation."

Another poster carelessly alluded to it, although I'm sure he'll begin ducking & weaving shortly.

It was a poor choice of words on his behalf.

I believe WYL was probably quoting from the article...

Hun link

I believe WYL was probably quoting from the article...

Hun link

was a tad obvious to anyone had read the OP and linked article :rolleyes:

obviously...not obvious enough ..lol

ok..it was ovious the ref was "Morton was dropped after the West Coast game and told to work on elements of his game.

But last week he was taken to task by Casey coach Brad Gotch over his motivation."

I wasn't quoting from any article....Just responding to what was written in the opening post.

Fair enuff.

ok..it was ovious the ref was "Morton was dropped after the West Coast game and told to work on elements of his game.

But last week he was taken to task by Casey coach Brad Gotch over his motivation."

Still it is an interesting choice of word - wonder if it was a direct quote from Gotch.

The Rnd 7 player review from Gotch certainly mentions Cale needing to be more physical - which I think many would agree with.

This is a beat up. Hilarious.

Our lack of a positive culture isn't. Nor is our lack of resources. Nor is our inability to get the most out of players. Good clubs don't lose players of Morton's ability.

Guest Artie Bucco

Our lack of a positive culture isn't. Nor is our lack of resources. Nor is our inability to get the most out of players. Good clubs don't lose players of Morton's ability.

Roost It, you obviously didn't rate Geelong very highly in the last couple of years.

And for crying out loud, just because you're impatient, doesn't mean he'll never develop into a great player.

It's such a shame so many of our supporters are ignorant and/or incredibly impatient.

(I'm just waiting for someone to bring up the patently irrelevant fact that we've not won a GF in ~50 years)

Is it a beat up ?? really.. There has to be an element within the whole murky business of AFL and in particular our position ( MFC ) today that suggests to many an observer that where once we seemed lovingly united , all gathering around to sing Kum By Yah's and toast marshmallows such was the new Melbourne emmeshed , that cracks are appearing.

The jackels that are this estate ( at times ) smell this from afar.

is it to long a bow to think that other teams , always on the look out for ready mades, might look curiously at the stocks of Melbourne and wonder what pickings exist ?

I dont think so

Roost It, you obviously didn't rate Geelong very highly in the last couple of years.

And for crying out loud, just because you're impatient, doesn't mean he'll never develop into a great player.

It's such a shame so many of our supporters are ignorant and/or incredibly impatient.

(I'm just waiting for someone to bring up the patently irrelevant fact that we've not won a GF in ~50 years)

No I rate Geelong very highly. Ablett left after achieving plenty and falling out with the coach. Very different to leaving because a club's culture is sick.

It's not about impatience it's about belief and we don't have it.... plain and simple... We're losers and we know it.

No I rate Geelong very highly. Ablett left after achieving plenty and falling out with the coach. Very different to leaving because a club's culture is sick.

It's not about impatience it's about belief and we don't have it.... plain and simple... We're losers and we know it.

I can feel the frustration ..believe me... but I think thats a bit harsh

Might a suggest something similar.. We dont know were Winners...we dont believe that yet