Game Day Thread: Rd2 v Hawks

stuie

Guest 36DD

Oh ok, so it's about the players now? You can't just change the argument to suit you. Bailey MAY have taken us as far as he can, simple fact is he will have the rest of the year to prove he has not reached the peak of his game.

Aside from Tapscott (who was one of the better players today, despite turnovers) all the players have been around the club long enough to learn Bailey's game plan and structure.

Stop making excuses for today 36DD, the last 3 years were for excuses.

Mate i've tried to keep it simple but obviously not simple enough, how have I changed my argument? seriously mate pop some valium. I have been consistent in stating that we have a young team who are in the developmental and formative stages of their careers. You cite Tapscott as being one of our better players despite the turnovers. Now it was Tapscotts 2nd match at AFL level, would you say his turnovers were due to bailey or his limited experience???

Why dont you look at each player and tell me who have improved under Bailey's guidance and who have gone backwards???

Get with the programme, realise where we are at as a club, did jimmy and schwab mention something about "base camp". Whay aren't you calling for the sacking of Schwab and Stynes, they extended Bailey's contract???

I encourage you to read Todd Viney's article about his role where he mentions that the game plan is taking a back seat whilst currently focusing on erradicating the inherent flaws in each players individual games.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing behind the goals, I just felt sorry for all the long suffering Melbourne supporters who have seen this rubbish year after year.

The fact that we were outnumbered 3 to 1 at every contest just proved how gutless our running, tackling and accountability was today. The other thing, was the leading. It was non-existent. Watts, among others is very often about 10 metres out of range on the wing instead of being a target and we are continually dropping it on top of sitting ducks.

'Kick outs?' I prefer to call them '7 point plays' for the opposition. May as well torp it down the middle every time at this rate.

I thought the turning point was Sylvia's showboating kick in the 3rd quarter from one side of the forward 50 to the other, which would have gained nothing even if it came off. Hawks intercepted and bang, goal. Then goal. goal. goal. goal. goal. etc.

Lastly, I really don't like Grimes as a player. He's is an embarassment at times, his excruciatingly long wind-up before he kicks causes epic fails every week.. today he did one in the goal square with absolutely no awareness.

I feel like we're lacking that really dependable inspirational player at the moment.... remember how confident you felt when the ball came towards Stephen Tingay? Well, when it comes near Grimes I cover my eyes. He either runs over it, he goes too hard at it and it bounces off his chest, or he wins it and scuttles backwards like a crab before spearing it laces out to an opposition player like he meant it. Definitely not 'good times' for me today I can assure you.

Anyway, everyone was putrid today.

But hey, at least the Bombers lost.... EEE HEEE.

Edited by TheBuzz

Mate i've tried to keep it simple but obviously not simple enough, how have I changed my argument? seriously mate pop some valium. I have been consistent in stating that we have a young team who are in the developmental and formative stages of their careers. You cite Tapscott as being one of our better players despite the turnovers. Now it was Tapscotts 2nd match at AFL level, would you say his turnovers were due to bailey or his limited experience???

Why dont you look at each player and tell me who have improved under Bailey's guidance and who have gone backwards???

Get with the programme, realise where we are at as a club, did jimmy and schwab mention something about "base camp". Whay aren't you calling for the sacking of Schwab and Stynes, they extended Bailey's contract???

I encourage you to read Todd Viney's article about his role where he mentions that the game plan is taking a back seat whilst currently focusing on erradicating the inherent flaws in each players individual games.

Ohhh I see, no, you're totally spot on... We should just accept we're not improving because the people responsible for the lack of improvement are STILL AFTER 3 AND 1/2 YEARS saying it will come eventually...

You think anyone is arguing we are young and developing? This is about the fact the GAME PLAN and STRUCTURES have not really improved so far, the fact that as a CLUB we took a backward step today, a big one, which people are upset about because we are meant to be moving forward now.

If you want to just accept that crap today that's your prerogative, but some people are actually expecting us to show improvement and a hunger for winning.

Guest 36DD

Ohhh I see, no, you're totally spot on... We should just accept we're not improving because the people responsible for the lack of improvement are STILL AFTER 3 AND 1/2 YEARS saying it will come eventually...

You think anyone is arguing we are young and developing? This is about the fact the GAME PLAN and STRUCTURES have not really improved so far, the fact that as a CLUB we took a backward step today, a big one, which people are upset about because we are meant to be moving forward now.

If you want to just accept that crap today that's your prerogative, but some people are actually expecting us to show improvement and a hunger for winning.

READ TODD VINEY'S article about his role at the club where he mentions that GAMEPLAN AND STRUCTURES are not the sole focus at our stage of development. Please if you have an issue with this then take it up with Todd, do you need reminding he was a champion player, inspirational captain and assistant coach at Hawthorn when they won the flag in 08.

It is not my perogative to accept mediocrity, i am bitterly disappointed with today, however, i am simply a realist, understand the game and can see the bigger picture.

Go join those idiot Geelong supporters who were calling for Mark Thompson's head just one year prior to him delivering a premiership.

READ TODD VINEY'S article about his role at the club where he mentions that GAMEPLAN AND STRUCTURES are not the sole focus at our stage of development.

Don't worry, after today that is plainly obvious...

Guest 36DD

They drew with St Kilda on Friday night, so their recent coach change obviously didn't hurt... and ummmm Bombers?

But no, you're right, let's just keep Bailey, no pressure, just coast along, heck sign him for 20 years right now!

Sheesh...

absolute chump, you would have been the first calling for his head having started his coaching career no wins from nine starts, now you are applauding his abilities. You are looking foolish mate.

absolute chump, you would have been the first calling for his head having started his coaching career no wins from nine starts, now you are applauding his abilities. You are looking foolish mate.

you dont get what he is trying to say do you?

Guest 36DD

you dont get what he is trying to say do you?

loud and clear bro, he is lauding hardwicks abilities as a coach for drawing with st kilda who are on a slippery slope. i am pointing out that Hardwick did not coach a win in his first nine matches at the helm. Given stuies propensity for fickleness I have assumed that had he been born a richmond supporter, he would have been calling for Hardwick to be sacked after such a poor start to his coaching career. Shall i break out the abacus and dr seuss books???

loud and clear bro, he is lauding hardwicks abilities as a coach for drawing with st kilda who are on a slippery slope. i am pointing out that Hardwick did not coach a win in his first nine matches at the helm. Given stuies propensity for fickleness I have assumed that had he been born a richmond supporter, he would have been calling for Hardwick to be sacked after such a poor start to his coaching career. Shall i break out the abacus and dr seuss books???

I'm lauding Hardwick's abilities? I'm fickle? I'm a Richmond supporter? I would have called for Hardwick's sacking?

Thanks for informing me of everything I'm apparently trying to say....

I don't think you're hearing anything loud and clear "bro".

Time to put down the red cordial and head to the cot young fella, maybe take some extra nappies tonight by the sound of it.

I think PART of what you're missing is that there NEEDS to be pressure on Bailey now, I'll leave it at that to start with seeing you seem to only hear what you want to hear.

you ruined an awesome post by saying "bro"... minus 2 points.

Guest 36DD

I'm lauding Hardwick's abilities? I'm fickle? I'm a Richmond supporter? I would have called for Hardwick's sacking?

Thanks for informing me of everything I'm apparently trying to say....

I don't think you're hearing anything loud and clear "bro".

Time to put down the red cordial and head to the cot young fella, maybe take some extra nappies tonight by the sound of it.

I think PART of what you're missing is that there NEEDS to be pressure on Bailey now, I'll leave it at that to start with seeing you seem to only hear what you want to hear.

woteva mate, tried to help you see the bigger picture but you cant reason with the unreasonable. Would have thought every coach is under scrutiny given the nature of footy. All the kicking and screaming is not changing the fact that Bailey is under pressure, the AFL is a cut-throat business, not for the faint hearted, week minded individuals like um.......

Always funny to hear people rubbish a backline coach after the midfield coach is 'responsible' for allowing 75 Inside 50s...(for the idiots out there - the norm is around 50 for a game)

I guess it's easier to rubbish Royal than it is to rubbish Scotty West?

The backline will function much better when a THIRD of those Inside 50s disappear...

You know, when we are a good side...

Always funny to hear people rubbish a backline coach after the midfield coach is 'responsible' for allowing 75 Inside 50s...(for the idiots out there - the norm is around 50 for a game)

I guess it's easier to rubbish Royal than it is to rubbish Scotty West?

The backline will function much better when a THIRD of those Inside 50s disappear...

You know, when we are a good side...

The backline DID seem better last year, at least the midfield are consistent... at being inconsistent!

woteva mate, tried to help you see the bigger picture but you cant reason with the unreasonable. Would have thought every coach is under scrutiny given the nature of footy. All the kicking and screaming is not changing the fact that Bailey is under pressure, the AFL is a cut-throat business, not for the faint hearted, week minded individuals like um.......

"woteva bro"!

The big picture of what I'm saying is Bailey should be under a fair bit of pressure after today, can't understand why you're trying to argue with that?

Guest 36DD

"woteva bro"!

The big picture of what I'm saying is Bailey should be under a fair bit of pressure after today, can't understand why you're trying to argue with that?

The big picture was that you were calling for Bailey's head after a round 2 defeat to a team that will most likely finish top 4 and now you back track and say that you were merely stating that Bailey is under pressure. I'm arguing with the stupidity of you initial declarations, your posting would not have required a response if you were merely stating that Bailey was under pressure because thats a given. Its OK, i'm glad you realised that your ramblings were way over the top and you have tempered your anger towards Bailey and over our exchange you have come to see things in a much more balanced light, happy to help.

The big picture was that you were calling for Bailey's head after a round 2 defeat to a team that will most likely finish top 4 and now you back track and say that you were merely stating that Bailey is under pressure. I'm arguing with the stupidity of you initial declarations, your posting would not have required a response if you were merely stating that Bailey was under pressure because thats a given. Its OK, i'm glad you realised that your ramblings were way over the top and you have tempered your anger towards Bailey and over our exchange you have come to see things in a much more balanced light, happy to help.

Oh dear, you didn't stop on the red cordial did you little fella?

I have not said Bailey should be sacked. I have also said I didn't expect us to win today.

What I have said (ugggh explaining again, this is worse than training a puppy), is that today's loss, while expected, was a very disappointing one in how it came about and the lack of endeavor, strategy, and cohesion in the second half should fall squarely at the feet of the man in charge of organising and inspiring such things... The coach.

Now hop into bed and I'll read you a story about how the mods are going to delete all this pointless back and forth you have managed to keep going... yawwwwwwwwwwwn...

I would hope that Bailey put pressure on himself after Tonight's effort, that is not saying i want him sacked, that is saying some things within need to be ramped up or improved.

Strength in the midfield is one, Gut running to position.Both games this year have often been played in one 50 metre Arc. Is this completely wise??

A quick possession on a fast break and not a forward in sight.

If the forwards want to push all the way up, they must be prepared to Bolt like hell back to attack if the ball comes in!!!

Edited by why you little

Guest 36DD

Oh dear, you didn't stop on the red cordial did you little fella?

I have not said Bailey should be sacked. I have also said I didn't expect us to win today.

What I have said (ugggh explaining again, this is worse than training a puppy), is that today's loss, while expected, was a very disappointing one in how it came about and the lack of endeavor, strategy, and cohesion in the second half should fall squarely at the feet of the man in charge of organising and inspiring such things... The coach.

Now hop into bed and I'll read you a story about how the mods are going to delete all this pointless back and forth you have managed to keep going... yawwwwwwwwwwwn...

ok then, u can read me a bed time story, only if u promise to be the calm, balanced analytical stuie, not the earlier hysterical, panic merchant stuie that effectively wanted all key members of the club, including the three new mascots to get the chop after losing in round 2 to one of the flag favourites....geez mate, please give us warning of when you actually expect melbourne to win, given your reaction today when u had no expectations i might just move to fukishima.

ok then, u can read me a bed time story, only if u promise to be the calm, balanced analytical stuie, not the earlier hysterical, panic merchant stuie that effectively wanted all key members of the club, including the three new mascots to get the chop after losing in round 2 to one of the flag favourites....geez mate, please give us warning of when you actually expect melbourne to win, given your reaction today when u had no expectations i might just move to fukishima.

ok, the bedtime story will be about a young boy called 36DD who dreamed fanciful things and imagined amazing stories that never happened in reality, and he did battle with the evil dark lord stuie, who 36DD imagined as the root of all evil and who 36DD thought had cast spells that he never did.... Wooooooooooooooooo

Guest 36DD

ok, the bedtime story will be about a young boy called 36DD who dreamed fanciful things and imagined amazing stories that never happened in reality, and he did battle with the evil dark lord stuie, who 36DD imagined as the root of all evil and who 36DD thought had cast spells that he never did.... Wooooooooooooooooo

damn here i was spending my hard earned on reginald d hunter tix and u were here all along bummer

damn here i was spending my hard earned on reginald d hunter tix and u were here all along bummer

maybe we should stop now hey mate? this is gonna be alot of work for nothing when the mods get up tmrw!

Guest 36DD

maybe we should stop now hey mate? this is gonna be alot of work for nothing when the mods get up tmrw!

ur cool mate, glad ur passionate bout the dees, we'll get there....eventually