MFC Training 7/2/2011

Dees Win

I am fortunate enough to travel to work on bike, passing through Gosch's Paddock some mornings.

Yesterday I was passing through, and so I thought I would share a couple of observations.

Both Collingwood and Melbourne were training, and unlike the "open" training sessions, the park had an eerie feeling as I think I was the only observer not employed by the club.

I have been to training a few times over summer, including to Casey, and it is interesting to note how the nature of the work has changed. The team is far more focussed on match simulation at present.

Yesterday, Bailey was in the middle of the field during the simulation. The team was working the ball around in the back half before driving it forward to leading forwards.

The best observation was when the players did not follow the "game plan" to the letter. Bailey ripped into all players with energy and gusto, and after the spray ordered them all into an extended set of push-ups.

It was great to see him impose himself, when at other times he always appears to have a calm demeanor.

The short period I watched gave me the impression that Bailey knows where they need to be, and what they need to be doing, and that he will run a very tight ship in order to achieve the expected outcomes.

Cheers

I am fortunate enough to travel to work on bike, passing through Gosch's Paddock some mornings.

Yesterday I was passing through, and so I thought I would share a couple of observations.

Both Collingwood and Melbourne were training, and unlike the "open" training sessions, the park had an eerie feeling as I think I was the only observer not employed by the club.

I have been to training a few times over summer, including to Casey, and it is interesting to note how the nature of the work has changed. The team is far more focussed on match simulation at present.

Yesterday, Bailey was in the middle of the field during the simulation. The team was working the ball around in the back half before driving it forward to leading forwards.

The best observation was when the players did not follow the "game plan" to the letter. Bailey ripped into all players with energy and gusto, and after the spray ordered them all into an extended set of push-ups.

It was great to see him impose himself, when at other times he always appears to have a calm demeanor.

The short period I watched gave me the impression that Bailey knows where they need to be, and what they need to be doing, and that he will run a very tight ship in order to achieve the expected outcomes.

Cheers

Thanks for your thoughts and update on training. I don't understand why in heaven it would be a closed session if Collingwood was also training.

Surely both teams would have had spies watching?

Dave Dunbar would not have had to get up on towers or something similar or dress up to watch the Pies.

Thanks for the report.

Good to hear they're getting a spray.

Yeah, perhaps this is an indication that Bailey is making a concerted effort to take home the NAB Cup silverware?

sounds like pretty standard stuff that you would expect at training. Bailey doesn't want a repeat of last years first round nab cup defeat to freo.

Bailey has had three years at the demons. He's now going into his fourth year. Melbourne have been down for a long time. I'm happy to say we are still building but after three years in the job and going into his fourth year you would expect to see strong signs and/or results of a team that could challange the top sides!

I'm happy to say we are still building but after three years in the job and going into his fourth year you would expect to see strong signs and/or results of a team that could challange the top sides!

Like last year....

vs Collingwood BOTH times??

vs Doggies??

vs Hawthorn second time??

vs Sydney??

vs Freo AWAY??

Um, yeh I think we are already capable of challenging the decent teams. :)

Now we have to sustain consistency and not have games... like that against Carlton or against Hawthorn (first time).

Expectations massive for 2011. It's kinda nerve-racking. Go Dees.

Like last year....

vs Doggies??

vs Sydney??

vs Freo AWAY??

Now we have to sustain consistency and not have games... like that against Carlton or against Hawthorn (first time).

I agree! We need new expectations! On friday melbs campaign starts for 2011...officially we start in march...2010 was just a taste of what is required at AFL level.

the players need to set there expectations based on the stynes administration. A+

Like last year....

vs Doggies??

vs Sydney??

vs Freo AWAY??

I still maintain we could have easily ended on 13 wins last year, in fact after re-watching the final round I believe we should have won that too and finished on 14. That's about the number I am expecting them to actually, not almost, achieve this season

I still maintain we could have easily ended on 13 wins last year, in fact after re-watching the final round I believe we should have won that too and finished on 14. That's about the number I am expecting them to actually, not almost, achieve this season

as julia gillard says, "we need to keep moving forward"

From what ive been told Bailey is a great mentor to the younger kids but when they [censored] up as a team he sprays them. Not the first time we have heard of aggresion from bails, lets not forget the seve C.Johnson got when he came to say goodbye to the boys...