Ultimate Footy

JACKATTACK

I'd suggest contacting Jako to see why he did not field his team properly.He now would be in the 8 and you would have lost..I think this is just poor that people cannot play on their merits.Also hasn't Ultimate Footy got rules and regulations to cover this sort of thing now.

Changing the way I operate the league now would be unfair. If I were to chase down Jako now, after I benefitted from his oversight, to make him field a team how would Range Rover feel? That in my mind would indeed be dodgey.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having done a few of these - NFL and baseball - you are always going to get the 'dead' spots in the league.

It's worse in other leagues, where the people don't have an association (we are all in the Land community), because they play for the draft and if they don't have a good draft they just don't care and leave these 'dead' spots.

We are quite forunate to have only the couple of weeks here and there where people are away, busy, or neglectful uni students...

Just one of those things...

Changing the way I operate the league now would be unfair. If I were to chase down Jako now, after I benefitted from his oversight, to make him field a team how would Range Rover feel? That in my mind would indeed be dodgey.

+1

I don't think it would be fair to change the rules and approach at this point of the season.

Thems the breaks. Hopefully some of these kinks are ironed out next year.

With finals just around the corner, the bookies have released their premiership odds.

$2.50fav Range Rover - Despite two consecutive losses (has the range rover got bogged at Mt Buller?) RR looks to have a settled side and is nearly assured of a double change. With only 1 match against a top 6 side in the run home it looks as though the minor premiership is Range Rovers to lose.

$4 Jack Attack - Boasting the second highest percentage and a veteran of the game, Jack Attack is peaking at the right end of the season. During Brisbanes by week he will be short a ruckman where I expect he will go down to Dappa Dan. Other than that, he has 26 moves up his sleeve so anything could happen from here.

$7 Dappa Dan - Dappa's BIG trump card, Aaron Sandilands could be the difference between a premiership and 6-8 placed finish. Dappa was on fire early but his form has been up and down recently. Some gutsy trading may be required to cover or replace Sandilands.

$7 High Tower - The recent addition of Walker and Cotching to High Tower's side could prove to be the most successful trade of the season. Barring an injury to Stefan Martin or Sam Jacobs, HT looks to have the ruck division won each week. Smart trading has imporved High Tower's side and is my smokey for the flag.

$9 Robbo24 - With 13 players out and 2 short on the field last week, Robbo24 was lucky to get through unscathed. Aggressive trading has proven both beneficial and detrimental to the teams make up at times, however wins just keep coming. A tough run home could see Robbo24 finish in the bottom half the 8, but if he is top 4 at finals time look out!

$11 Snomed - After a strong start, Snomed look to have tapered off in recent weeks. Boasting one of the strongest midfields has helped get them to where they are however their forwards and defense lack substance. Parting with a midfielder to cover these deficiencies is a must, or I feel their season is OVER.

$15 Demon Land7 - A very underrated unit. Riewoldt aside, this side doesn't boast the big names but they are getting the job done. Shiels, Rockliff, Priddis, Cloke are all Ultimate footy Guns. You can't underestimate DL7!

$21 Jayceebee - Mr consistent with only 3 losses. Has a strong core but is really lacking depth. Cornes and Stanton haven't been permanent fixtures in their sides this year and with sides blooding youth at the end of the season I can see Jayceebee dropping off, fast.

$61 45HG16 - No ruckman = no chance.

$61 Jako13 - Where art thou?

Edited by robbo24

With finals just around the corner, the bookies have released their premiership odds.

$2.50fav Range Rover - Despite two consecutive losses (has the range rover got bogged at Mt Buller?) RR looks to have a settled side and is nearly assured of a double change. With only 1 match against a top 6 side in the run home it looks as though the minor premiership is Range Rovers to lose.

$4 Jack Attack - Boasting the second highest percentage and a veteran of the game, Jack Attack is peaking at the right end of the season. During Brisbanes by week he will be short a ruckman where I expect he will go down to Dappa Dan. Other than that, he has 26 moves up his sleeve so anything could happen from here.

$7 Dappa Dan - Dappa's BIG trump card, Aaron Sandilands could be the difference between a premiership and 6-8 placed finish. Dappa was on fire early but his form has been up and down recently. Some gutsy trading may be required to cover or replace Sandilands.

$7 High Tower - The recent addition of Walker and Cotching to High Tower's side could prove to be the most successful trade of the season. Barring an injury to Stefan Martin or Sam Jacobs, HT looks to have the ruck division won each week. Smart trading has imporved High Tower's side and is my smokey for the flag.

$9 Robbo24 - With 13 players out and 2 short on the field last week, Robbo24 was lucky to get through unscathed. Aggressive trading has proven both beneficial and detrimental to the teams make up at times, however wins just keep coming. A tough run home could see Robbo24 finish in the bottom half the 8, but if he is top 4 at finals time look out!

$11 Snomed - After a strong start, Snomed look to have tapered off in recent weeks. Boasting one of the strongest midfields has helped get them to where they are however their forwards and defense lack substance. Parting with a midfielder to cover these deficiencies is a must, or I feel their season is OVER.

$15 Demon Land7 - A very underrated unit. Riewoldt aside, this side doesn't boast the big names but they are getting the job done. Shiels, Rockliff, Priddis, Cloke are all Ultimate footy Guns. You can't underestimate DL7!

$21 Jayceebee - Mr consistent with only 3 losses. Has a strong core but is really lacking depth. Cornes and Stanton haven't been permanent fixtures in their sides this year and with sides blooding youth at the end of the season I can see Jayceebee dropping off, fast.

Correct odds Mr Skyscraper(HT).He is certainly the one to beat.I'd love to back myself each way for certain.DL7 is the only other in the 8-outside HT that I would be worried about.Cornes has played- 13 games plus he will only be an emergency become finals time.Stanton is a major pivotal player in my team whom has also played 13 games.And I think Stanton & Cornes have been a hell of allot better than Green, Watson, Corey,etc.. and you haven't beaten me-and never will.And the way you are going with your draw you may even miss the 8- out of action completely.The only way - you will definately make it is if Jako has done a bolter and withdraws again.This is the only match you can win..

Correct odds Mr Skyscraper(HT).He is certainly the one to beat.I'd love to back myself each way for certain.DL7 is the only other in the 8-outside HT that I would be worried about.Cornes has played- 13 games plus he will only be an emergency become finals time.Stanton is a major pivotal player in my team whom has also played 13 games.And I think Stanton & Cornes have been a hell of allot better than Green, Watson, Corey,etc.. and you haven't beaten me-and never will.And the way you are going with your draw you may even miss the 8- out of action completely.The only way - you will definately make it is if Jako has done a bolter and withdraws again.This is the only match you can win..

Yeh it will be interesting. However aggressive trading and planning ahead will hopefully save me. You are right though, I have a very tough run home. If I can somehow sneak into top 4 then I'll be pumped

Also Cornes and Stanton have both been victim of the sub rule at times too. Out of favour at different times of the year. With Primus coaching for his future I daresay he will lean towards kids or players such as Salopek etc.

Yeh it will be interesting. However aggressive trading and planning ahead will hopefully save me. You are right though, I have a very tough run home. If I can somehow sneak into top 4 then I'll be pumped

I agree- whom makes top 4 will be in an ideal way of going further.If either HT or DL7 get in watch out..the smokie is Scarlett-if he even makes the 8 watch out..get on himhe has a very good team and he is a good coach with it.Skyscraper is my choice though...

Anyone need a quality backman? I have a surplus and am prepared to lose one of Hurn, Grundy, Enright, Rawlings or Russell to get a deal done for either a quality mid or goalkicking forward.

Hit me up with your offers and make 'em decent!

Edited by Range Rover

Good Effort Robbo 24 with your book however you gotta be kidding yourself disregarding Team OMR, Scarlett & Eth 38

Not even the slightest mention? We are all only 2 games out with 4 to play.

One of us will make it & cause Havoc

Dappa Dan & Mr $2.50 Flag favourite Range Rover paid me little respect recently & both paid the Ultimate Price.

I am coming after each & every one of you in the next 8 Weeks.

NO mention = NO respect , Bring It On Boys.

Edited by Old Man Rivers

OMR is certainly talking his team up at the moment.

By my last recollection, the last person to do that was Brent Harvey before this weekend and look how that turned out...

It's amazing this game, has to be the only game in the world where 9 players can have 200 possessions more than the other team and still arguably lose!!

I love UF and i'll be coming back with an increased knowledge next year. Whilst I do agree with JCB in some aspects I think what goes around comes around so karma will help you eventually. By your theory teams should be getting extra points if their player gets named sub and they didnt expect it. With sport and sporting fantasy games there are variables you can't control and must just roll with the punches!

Good luck for the finals all. I hope all 16 are back next year!

Ps for all as many may have seen a design jumper feature has been enabled allowing you to make your own jumper. I've created the demons round 1 jumper of dark blue with pink v haha so i have dibs on that. Fun to play around with so give it a go if you don't like your current jumper!

OMR is certainly talking his team up at the moment.

By my last recollection, the last person to do that was Brent Harvey before this weekend and look how that turned out...

It's amazing this game, has to be the only game in the world where 9 players can have 200 possessions more than the other team and still arguably lose!!

I love UF and i'll be coming back with an increased knowledge next year. Whilst I do agree with JCB in some aspects I think what goes around comes around so karma will help you eventually. By your theory teams should be getting extra points if their player gets named sub and they didnt expect it. With sport and sporting fantasy games there are variables you can't control and must just roll with the punches!

Good luck for the finals all. I hope all 16 are back next year!

I respect your opinion re my thoughts but I have been in contact with Ultimate footy and this is what they say:

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, 11 July 2011 9:18 PM

To:

Subject: Re: Assistance please

Hi John,

Thanks for your email, great to hear you're (mostly) enjoying the game this season.

Unfortunately inactive teams are part and parcel of most fantasy games, particularly later in the season. One way to tackle the issue is to have the league manager update the lineups of inactive teams so that full squads are played. This function is currently available for PLUS leagues.

Another option is to assign a new coach (assuming you can find one) to take over the operation of the inactive team. We can do that manually for you, next season it should be an option to self administer.

Cheers,

Ryan

Ultimate Footy

May be worth a little more than a thought...

Whats going on with the Accepted trade between Robbo24 & Mad Melbourne?

I have an e-mail however can't see the trade on UF site.

Broughton, Franklin, Vince for Ablett & Simon Buckley

Huge win for MM if correct.

Yeh I clicked the wrong button there. All fixed though.

I got it too. But no email regarding the cancellation....

If Jako13 and others are around....check your offers please..

I think that's the third time I have typed a letter rejecting the offer and then clicked the accept button by accident. Thank god for the backspace!

Sooo....

I think it should be a blanket rule here that when a ridiculous trade comes your way, it's not necessarily something you should knock back completely. Most of my trades start on the scale of helping me... but are more to get the ball rolling with counter offers...

OMR... Stokes for Nicky Dal is not ridiculous. As I recognised last year Stokes is an awesome UF player. Got me deep into finals last year, and no-one sees him coming. Granted it's kind of an even trade there, so you have no reason to go for it... but it was meant to get the ball rolling, moreso than to be actually entertained.

If you're gonna let go of a Nicky Dal, and me of a Stokes, it's going to take a lot more courting, which was all I was initiating.

Sooo....

I think it should be a blanket rule here that when a ridiculous trade comes your way, it's not necessarily something you should knock back completely. Most of my trades start on the scale of helping me... but are more to get the ball rolling with counter offers...

OMR... Stokes for Nicky Dal is not ridiculous. As I recognised last year Stokes is an awesome UF player. Got me deep into finals last year, and no-one sees him coming. Granted it's kind of an even trade there, so you have no reason to go for it... but it was meant to get the ball rolling, moreso than to be actually entertained.

If you're gonna let go of a Nicky Dal, and me of a Stokes, it's going to take a lot more courting, which was all I was initiating.

Dappa - Relax, Chill take a few deep breaths

My intention was not to insult you or your offer - If my response somehow managed to do that

I apologise

However purely from a stats perspective I just can't see how the value of Stokes = NDS.

There was a post last week sometime that questioned the value of "Actual Rankings". system

At a quick glance Stokes did not look to be in the same ball park as NDS and as such I Rejected.

You have now sparked some curiousity regarding Stokes so I will do a little additional homework.

But seriously dont take to much I what I have to say personally, most of it is "tongue in cheek"

Edited by Old Man Rivers

Sooo....

I have to disagree. UFooty trades aren't great for negotiating back and forth, you just waste time by starting with a low ball offer (as tempting as it is) then having someone come back with another bad offer before you meet in the middle or more likely get bored and nothing happens.

If you are serious about trading I suggest the following:

1) Serious trade proposals only, no low ball offers to "get the ball rolling"

2) Analyse the opposition's team and make them an offer that would help them. If they have a lot of good Ruckmen, don't offer a Ruckman.

3) Consider all trades in the context of "actual average ranking" it is by no means a perfect system, but if there is a big discrepancy between rankings of players on the table you have to be able to validate to a coach why they might want to accept that difference, or even better make them an offer that actually improves on their rankings.

4) If someone proposes a trade to you don't sit on it for days before answereing it. Accept/decline or counter it the moment you see it.*

* before half of the people here jump on me for doing exactly that, I will admit I have been guilty of this at times, but I realise the error of my ways now and am doing my best to answer as quickly as possible.

But seriously dont take to much I what I have to say personally, most of it is "tongue in cheek"

I didn't? Did it seem like I did?

Yeah, have a look at the Stokes one. It's his accuracy that forces him up, so you're right to say he's ranked higher than he should be. Just not THAT much higher. I reckon Nicky's also ranked higher than he should be too... Good player though. Why else would I be having a crack?

I have to disagree. UFooty trades aren't great for negotiating back and forth,

All for that, assuming there's a forum for us to discuss these trades at length... You and I are part of a different league where we can all discuss our trades every weekend at the footy... So it's easy for us to campaign. So without that, trade functions are all we have.

I have to disagree. UFooty trades aren't great for negotiating back and forth, you just waste time by starting with a low ball offer (as tempting as it is) then having someone come back with another bad offer before you meet in the middle or more likely get bored and nothing happens.

If you are serious about trading I suggest the following:

1) Serious trade proposals only, no low ball offers to "get the ball rolling"

2) Analyse the opposition's team and make them an offer that would help them. If they have a lot of good Ruckmen, don't offer a Ruckman.

3) Consider all trades in the context of "actual average ranking" it is by no means a perfect system, but if there is a big discrepancy between rankings of players on the table you have to be able to validate to a coach why they might want to accept that difference, or even better make them an offer that actually improves on their rankings.

4) If someone proposes a trade to you don't sit on it for days before answereing it. Accept/decline or counter it the moment you see it.*

* before half of the people here jump on me for doing exactly that, I will admit I have been guilty of this at times, but I realise the error of my ways now and am doing my best to answer as quickly as possible.

I agree totally and this should be included in our rules for next year.The offers I am getting are just a down right joke.